• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 13th 2012
    Martijn said:-

So, I will put this to Bregt when he's back and then, and ONLY then will we come to a decision.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Right. Until then I will remain absent! I'm not angry. Just disappointed that nothing can be done now and disappointed at Justin's actions today.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Everyone is of course free to do what he or she wants.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    OH NOES! A controversy while I was gone!! And here, even. Thankfully, they seem to pop up very rarely around here.

I don't really have anything to say about the matter. So why the hell am I posting? I don't know....I haven't slept for 27 hours. dizzy
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Clearly you're posting 'on automatic', Thor. wink
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I think so, yes.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012 edited
    Dear all,

After some discussion with my fellow moderators, we've come to the following Code Of Conduct.
    We initially wanted to wait for Bregt to come back to ratify this, but he's way for longer than I expected, and as this situation is "festering" now for too long we're taking this step.

Note that although the moderators are in agreement, everything we write down here may well be overridden by Bregt later: he's the boss!

This code, once ratified by Bregt, should I guess be published on a central place on the site as a point of reference for everyone.

------------------------------

CODE OF CONDUCT
    1) Be civil (discussion, even heated discussions are fine. Strong opinions and language are fine. Personal insults are not.)
    2) Be nice (cyber-bullying is as unacceptable as real life bullying)
    3) Don’t be a pillock (including –but not limited to- unfounded accusations, incessant whining, harassing and generally making a nuisance of yourself)
    Transgression calls are SOLELY made by the mods, and stated in public.
    A transgression call is normally not a point of discussion, but a decision.
    Standard sanctions are
    1) First offense: A formal, public warning (in public, on the forum)
    2) Second offense: A temporary suspension of the account
    (week or month, to be decided by handling mod.
    3) Third offense: permanent ban

Note: particularly evil offenses (wishing death or a life-threatening disease one anyone; open racism) should (in my opinion) be immediately met with a permanent ban.

Another note: as you can see there are no special rules to modify someone's attitude(like "if the culprit apologises, the sanction may be waived").
    This is by design.
    People are what they are. If they're sincerely contrite, they'll do the right thing, regardless of any sanction.
    It is in our opinion pointless to try and "model" people's behaviour.

The main reason for instituting this is, as I hope is clear, NOT to limit interaction or discussion, but to make life easire for the poor moderators who now need to decide ona case to case basis if an offense has taken place, how serious it was, what everyone concerned thinks about it, and what kind of sanction is reasonable.

With tempers flaring and different personalities involved that could easily result in unreasonable actions, and wide discrepancies between sanctions for different persons.

With this guideline, everyone, without exception, knows what the baseline is, and what to expect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2012
    So, with the above in mind, and taking that as a basis, JUSTIN BOGGAN is hereby issues a FORMAL WARNING for his highly offensive and unwarranted remark to Erik.
  1. Thanks to Martijn and The Mods for taking the initiative on this and setting out these codes.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Martijn and The Mods...now that sounds like an late sixties supergroup I'd liked to have been a part of!

(Thanks for the support, Alan smile )
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    So, with the above in mind, and taking that as a basis, JUSTIN BOGGAN is hereby issues a FORMAL WARNING for his highly offensive and unwarranted remark to Erik.

Thank you Martijn. Very much appreciated. However, I'm still on a personal protest until Justin apologizes to me either via email, PM or here publicly on this very message board. I'm disgusted that he continues to post here as if nothing has happened and that others (admitted they might not know what has transpired) continue to converse with him.

I highly doubt Justin's stubbornness will allow him to apologize so this might be the last you all hear from me on this board for a very, very long time. Looks like you won, Justin!

If any of you are interested I will continue to post on FSM, Filmtracks, Facebook and Twitter.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I'm truly saddened by that decision, Erik.
    I hope you'll reconsider.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote:
    Looks like you won, Justin!

If you leaving enables Justin to "win", then why leave? Although it may require a little back-peddling on your part, why not simply shrug off his (admittedly asinine) remark? His words carry only the weight you're willing to give them. So if you leave, then yes, I suppose he really has won.

I too hope you'll reconsider.
  2. I too am saddened by your decision. But I can understand your course of action.

What Justin said was a truly awful thing to say to you. You and I are in regular contact on Facebook, particularly in relation to you and your family. Yours is a loving family and you are a model parent. I often compare my own experiences of being a parent with what I see reflected in your own comments and photos and I frequently fell I could be as good a parent as you.

I, perhaps should have said this before to show support for you in a particularly upsetting time but I just wanted to say it now.

I would be sorry if Justin would "win" this episode and I would hope that you would reconsider your decision.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I am very saddened by this turn of events. Justin's initial comment was inexcusable; his subsequent failure to apologise arguably even more so. So sad to lose someone like Erik from the forum.
  3. sorry to hear that Erik, but I can understand your reasons

an email or a message with an apology is the least you can do
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. I'll certainly miss your contributions more than I would have thought Justin valued his pride, Erik, but it looks like he's going to surprise us all there. I understand what you need to do. sad
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  5. Yeah, I very much understand what he went through, because not such remarks, but there were some awful remarks hurled at me at my own forum and also nobody reacted to that and I got no apology for that. We will miss you.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Steven wrote
    Erik Woods wrote:
    Looks like you won, Justin!

If you leaving enables Justin to "win", then why leave? Although it may require a little back-peddling on your part, why not simply shrug off his (admittedly asinine) remark? His words carry only the weight you're willing to give them. So if you leave, then yes, I suppose he really has won.

I too hope you'll reconsider.

+1

It seems to me an empty remark devoid of any meaning (especially considering he doesn't even know your parenting), and as such, I'm surprised by the weight it is given here. Absolutely, he shouldn't have said it, and he should have apologised, but he didn't, which means people will think less of him around here. Forcing an apology from him will not mean anything, since he didn't do it out of himself. So, that's that. Stepping away from the forum seems a punishment towards MainTitles, while it is, in fact, a quarrel between you and Justin, not anyone else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I didn't take what he said to heart. Justin winning means that he got away with it. A slap on the wrist, which is what the warning is, doesn't mean anything if he continues to post around here like nothing happened. IMO, the warning should have included him apologizing publicly. And if he doesn't apologize then his account should have been suspended until he did. I just can't be around here while that dirty little rat continues to run around freely.

-Erik-
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah, I very much understand what he went through, because not such remarks, but there were some awful remarks hurled at me at my own forum and also nobody reacted to that and I got no apology for that. We will miss you.

You have your own forum? Didn't know.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2012
    Who doesn't have his own forum these days? wink
    I am extremely serious.
  7. franz_conrad wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Yeah, I very much understand what he went through, because not such remarks, but there were some awful remarks hurled at me at my own forum and also nobody reacted to that and I got no apology for that. We will miss you.

You have your own forum? Didn't know.

I am a co-owner of a film music website in Polish (the biggest in the country, actually) and we have a forum, of which I am the "technical" admin (as in updates and whatnot).
  8. And Justin posts there?
  9. No, no, that was somebody else who hurled a huge insult at me, I was just expressing general sympathy and understanding smile
  10. Southall wrote
    I am very saddened by this turn of events. Justin's initial comment was inexcusable; his subsequent failure to apologise arguably even more so. So sad to lose someone like Erik from the forum.

What he said. Exactly.
  11. cool, forgive the misunderstanding
  12. No, I'm sorry I wasn't precise enough.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2012
    Martijn wrote
    Martijn and The Mods...now that sounds like an late sixties supergroup I'd liked to have been a part of!

(Thanks for the support, Alan smile )

Let's rock on! :guitar:
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeSep 21st 2012 edited
    Erik, you're letting him win you know that. And if he continues like that, by these rules he will be out soon. Under all the years with maintitles, i think you're giving a stupid remark (which wasn't either a personal attack or a threat, or racism, just plain idiotic and immature) too much weight. But any decision you take will be respected, it's just sad that you're giving one particular member so much credit.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.