• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009
    Let us all remember this for those of you on the board who haven't heard this before. It is extremely difficult to ever get a person to change their behavior or attitude. However, if we change our attitude it might just be a little easier to deal with.

And maybe by changing the other person might look at his attitude.

Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I've got a bad feeling about this.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    As you should Erik. You have so much going for you in your life that is so positive this isn't worth dwelling on. I've just slowly learned over the years that resentments aren't worth it. I could be right but that is little consolation. You're a good person at least in my opinion.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Nothing changes.

My eyes are peeled, my concentration peaked, and my finger hovering over the little red button.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2009 edited
    There's the immense amount of useless quoting, outrageous amount of offtopic messages and occasional attacks (jokes or serious) that have been neglected before. That's a fact. I say this indicates a real lack of policy. I now this is somewhat different when securing a small community, but I still think some things have to change.
  1. I don´t think that this is the kind of change this community wants. While I´m all for a more strict regulation of unneccessary "joke" attacks (surprise!), I also know that this community thrives on its freedom of speech and the level of friendship that comes with it. I wouldn´t change a thing.

Okay, maybe one thing. wink
  2. I agree with Ralph, the off-topic meanderings are part of the forum's value, this is why this forum is more like a friendly pub visit than a typical website scoreboard of passionate people.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Joep wrote
    That's a fact. I say this indicates a real lack of policy. ...I still think some things have to change.

By God, Sir. You are right.
    What we need here is some Order!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorJoep
    In a way it's part of the charm of this forum. I like the cousiness. But there's a reason why I haven't said anytning before; I knew barely no one would want to change anything about the misuse of the quote function and such. I think I've commented on this one time before and everyone started joking about it and started quoting me on purpose. What's wrong with someone modestly critising things happening on a forum who he likes so much? I very much enjoy reading part of the forum, but realise that really serious discussions don't always last very long and are being interrupted by irrelevant things.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Joep wrote
    I very much enjoy reading part of the forum, but realise that really serious discussions don't always last very long and are being interrupted by irrelevant things.

...we're already on page 5 of this particular serious discussion, though.

...So obviously it's time for something irreverent
    (Oh...you said irrelevant...shame )
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009
    If there was something I could change it would be two different forums. #1 would be offtopic and #2 would be soundtrack related only. How complicated this is for Bregt is beyond me.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    People, we don't want this place to turn into fsm or the lot. So don't expect strict and illogical screening of everything quote-wise and such things, every user must be responsible for themselves and the mods will only chime in whenever a line is crossed, as it happens from time to time. There's not a reason nor a chance for us to go illogical and frantic about moderation, such places already exist out there.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2009 edited
    Here here! MT equals democracy, freedom of speech and doing as you please until the mods say those concepts don't exist anymore. Until then we're home free. wink

(as long as the word racist isn't used)
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    DreamTheater wrote
    Here here! MT equals democracy, freedom of speech and doing as you please until the mods say those concepts don't exist anymore. Until then we're home free. wink

(as long as the word racist isn't used)

(or troll)
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  3. Spot on ! beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Agree D
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Christodoulides wrote
    People, we don't want this place to turn into fsm or the lot. So don't expect strict and illogical screening of everything quote-wise and such things, every user must be responsible for themselves and the mods will only chime in whenever a line is crossed, as it happens from time to time. There's not a reason nor a chance for us to go illogical and frantic about moderation, such places already exist out there.

Cheers mate! beer wink
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Very well said D, I love this place and I hope it continues to be the place that it is now where a conversation about politics or religion ISN'T out of bounds and that, though it may get heated never turns into needless personal insults and instant lock-downs.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Very well said D, I love this place and I hope it continues to be the place that it is now where a conversation about politics or religion

....and gravity.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes Marcel, and gravity biggrin beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Very well said D, I love this place and I hope it continues to be the place that it is now where a conversation about politics or religion ISN'T out of bounds and that, though it may get heated never turns into needless personal insults and instant lock-downs.

Don't worry mate. We all love this place for what it is, nothing's changing against it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2012 edited
    So I was kinda hoping I wouldn't be entering this thread again.
    However, a certain escalation in the James Horner thread has caused a bit of a stir, and as a mod, especially in Bregt's absence, I'd be remiss in not addressing it.

As this community is more or less self-regulating, across different cultures, languages and frames of reference, it is extremely hard to adhere to some common ground. After all, not everything is taken the same way by everyone.

Therefore when Bregt is back I am going to propose a limited (but not unchangable) set of basic rules that will guide user actions on the board. It's not meant to limit anyone, to curb any freedom or be implemented as some sort of prescriptive law. What I am proposing is simply a set of generic rules...yes, with sanctions, simply to help along equality and civility and avoid any random singling out of individuals for lambasting, punishment or preferential treatment.

Right now, it is just a suggestion.
    I will need to talk about this with the other mods and with God.
    But just so everyone knows this has our (well, my) attention.

As always I welcome thoughts and feedback.
  4. Martijn, I'd like to know your stance on what has happened recently and if there was any reaction to it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 12th 2012
    My stance is that I will discuss this with Bregt and the other mods on Bregt's return.
  5. With sanctions a possibility, is banning not just a waste of effort? What is to stop anyone just rejoining under another name?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. There might be a possibility of banning an IP (I don't know this forum's API though), but it wouldn't work with this particular user.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I'm terribly disappointed in Justin. He logged in numerous times yesterday and had nothing to say. But he did have the time to update his profile.

"LAST UPDATED: September 10, 2012; incase there should not be a chance to edit again" Nice. rolleyes

All he has to do is be a man and apologize.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Dear Erik, please do not deal with or provoke him more; you (and Pawel) often seem to throw some oil into this specific fire yourself...let him alone for now. Yes, he does owe you an apology but it's he's choice if he's going to do it or not, we cannot force anyone. As for the consequences, for the time being and until Bregt returns and Martijns proposes to the rest of the mods his rules, there's not much to do. As South Park would say: "Just go along people, there's nothing to see here" wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    So I brought this on myself? Nice! rolleyes

-Erik-