• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010 edited
    JP: AGORA - Dario Marianelli
    At my second careful listen, I've become a lot more impressed by Marianelli's work here. So, D, and the others who are ready now to say 'told you so'... you were right. AGORA is by turns beautiful and even stunning.

Although subtle on themes, they are certainly there and carefully applied in a musically impressive way. In its majestic, grand nature it reminds me a bit of Howard Shore's LOOKING FOR RICHARD, although mainly in the choral writing.

Marianelli also impresses in applying all the cliché specialty instruments for a historical setting like this witout ever giving you the feeling of a cliché'd work, such is the carefulness of the writing.

Too bad, though, that I cannot read the notes by director and composer in the booklet, since they seem to be in Spanish. Could anyone give me the gist of what they say?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 4th 2010
    Ah, there's a theme from Zimmer and the rest of the filler is by Zanelli?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Yes. I think there was someone else doing it with Zanelli, but I don't remember.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. According to IMDb Blake Neely is doing it with Zanelli.

So there is a Michael Kamen connetction, thank God.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    The bitch is OD'ing.

More than that Steven, he's playing HANS ZIMMER crazy

He has very quickly, or conveniantly, FORGOTTEN THAT HE LOST A BET WITH ME.

Not forgotten. Continual reminder I will! tongue
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    The bitch is OD'ing.

More than that Steven, he's playing HANS ZIMMER crazy

He has very quickly, or conveniantly, FORGOTTEN THAT HE LOST A BET WITH ME.

Not forgotten. Continual reminder I will! tongue

biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Coraline - Bruno Coulais

Mesmerising stuff, truly.

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: The Village (Complete) - James Newton Howard

Gorgeous stuff.
  3. NP: A Single Man (Abel Korzeniowski)

Beautiful album. It seems to merge the moving melodies of Glimpse of Happiness or Mansell's music with a knack for European classical form. The result is to be more elegant than either Mansell or Panu Aaltio achieved, but still have that melodic heart.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: A Single Man (Abel Korzeniowski)

Beautiful album. It seems to merge the moving melodies of Glimpse of Happiness or Mansell's music with a knack for European classical form. The result is to be more elegant than either Mansell or Panu Aaltio achieved, but still have that melodic heart.

I also hear JNH in there, all in all it's a very beautiful score from note 1 to end. Very impressed with this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    A Tale Of Ululu's Wonderful Forest (Oruru No Mori No Monogatari) - Joe Hisaishi

Very charming, and enjoyable, Completely orchestral, lush and woodwind / piano-led. Quite a colorful and exotic musical journey at places.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    A Tale Of Ululu's Wonderful Forest (Oruru No Mori No Monogatari) - Joe Hisaishi

Very charming, and enjoyable, Completely orchestral, lush and woodwind / piano-led. Quite a colorful and exotic musical journey at places.

Is this a new score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, 2009. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1535420/
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Cool, will have to look out for it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    SAVIOR - David Robbins

I don't have words to describe about this score. Just awesome. This is the score where we cannot enjoy but must listen score. This score is not as depressive as Schindler's List, but this will certainly make you to shed your tears, especially if you listen to the tracks like Savior Main theme, Lullaby and Prisoners Exchange. I am even now quite surprised that David Robbins isn't professional film composer. Wow! that's indeed great surprise. He certainly composed wonderful and haunting score. Hats off to him! punk
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Sunil wrote
    SAVIOR - David Robbins

I don't have words to describe about this score. Just awesome. This is the score where we cannot enjoy but must listen score. This score is not as depressive as Schindler's List, but this will certainly make you to shed your tears, especially if you listen to the tracks like Savior Main theme, Lullaby and Prisoners Exchange. I am even now quite surprised that David Robbins isn't professional film composer. Wow! that's indeed great surprise. He certainly composed wonderful and haunting score. Hats off to him! punk

IT's very, very good. Apparently Tyler Bates liked it too!
  4. He is a professional musician, though to be honest, Savior was orchestrated and conducted by his father. A useless piece of trivia: David Robbins is the brother of the actor Tim Robbins.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Oh, didn't know that! Saviour is quite a hit in the circles of film / world music though, and it's quite a success for him!
    • CommentAuthorLars
    Sunil wrote
    SAVIOR - David Robbins

Prisoners Exchange (Rasti Rasti) and the Main Theme are amazing tracks. the score itself isn't really depressive but in combination with the movie it is. for me this feeling is more intense than in Schindler's List.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Lars wrote
    Sunil wrote
    SAVIOR - David Robbins

Prisoners Exchange (Rasti Rasti) and the Main Theme are amazing tracks. the score itself isn't really depressive but in combination with the movie it is. for me this feeling is more intense than in Schindler's List.

Haven't watched it...what is it about?
    • CommentAuthorLars
    it's an anti-war film about the cruel conflict in bosnia. dennis quaid plays a mercenary who protects a woman and her unintentional baby.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Lars wrote
    it's an anti-war film about the cruel conflict in bosnia. dennis quaid plays a mercenary who protects a woman and her unintentional baby.

Apart from the convoluted and ropey opening to the film it is very worth watching, some scenes are staggeringly moving and will leave you with a feeling of impotent anger at the awful injustice.

A worthy film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Angels and Demons ~ Hans Zimmer
    I'm reading The Lost Symbol at the time and it ties pretty weel with the atmosphere of the book. I wonder... Will this too be filmed and if so, is Zimmer going to be the composer?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    I think a film is already planned, dunno if Hans will be scoring it or not.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Yes, I read something about 2012 but who knows until then? smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    Yes, I read something about 2012 but who knows until then? smile

Tsunamis...volcanoes....etc etc
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    Indeed my dear lad, indeed! wink
    • CommentAuthorRoy
    NP: Matchstick Men - Hans Zimmer

Listening to some expanded version where You can hear one track from Hans at his philosophy-like style ala' TTRL wink All in All a Very weird music but very appropriate for this weirdo character played bu Cage. The references for Rota are Ok. for Me and The banker's Waltz rocks punk
    Pity He isn't working with Ridley Scott anymore...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    NP: King Arthur - Hans Zimmer

Hans' action music baring its fangs. Here's some of his real power packed material. punk
  5. This is a Hans Zimmer score that pisses me off.