• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010
    Nautilus wrote
    Please Timmer.....I want to listen a score about heaven and hell from a German composer...

I recommend Richard Wagner.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    SAY NO to re-used themes and motifs.

If that's your new outlook then your lack of listening to a certain German-born composer will be continuing for a long time to come!

Yeah... that's what happens with limited composers. In fact, it's have been long time since I listened some piece composed by Wagner.

And I see you even answered it yourself! biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010 edited
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    CHRISTOPHER YOUNG - creation

I'm looking forward to hearing this when it finally becomes available.

You can't go wrong with a bit of Chris Young.

So right.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. NP: New Moon by Alexandre Desplat

First listen

DreamTheater wrote
    Just another listen, nope, still doesn't set me on fire... WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with me? :

perhaps you need to re experience it again in the film, remember what you thought of King Kong all those years, until you heard it once again in the film
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  2. Backdraft (Hans Wagner... I mean Zimmer)

Sweet Baby Jesus! Playing this loud is just like being high on something. It's the best experience in the world, or so I've heard. Classic Zimmer score, adored by little old me. A perfect 30 minute use of precious time !!! cool When the action kicks in, I'm having the time of my life. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: New Moon by Alexandre Desplat

First listen

DreamTheater wrote
    Just another listen, nope, still doesn't set me on fire... WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with me? :

perhaps you need to re experience it again in the film, remember what you thought of King Kong all those years, until you heard it once again in the film

I was listening to it today...pretty coherent album, and makes for an outstanding listening experience..it has bits of old..passion, drama, ambiance, choral and brassy outbursts, percussive raids, action cues, it's a pretty solid score for an excellent movie. Very impressed by this, as it's one of my most well-played scores this year.
  3. Christodoulides wrote
    Very impressed by this, as it's one of my most well-played scores this year.

Well I can already tell you now D, this won't be one of my most played scores this year.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  4. DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Very impressed by this, as it's one of my most well-played scores this year.

Well I can already tell you now D, this won't be one of my most played scores this year.

patience, you might reconsider if you saw the movie again, you said it yourself it was truly awesome in the movie itself smile

perhaps it's all got to do about the fact you expected so much from it, while I wasn't expecting anything new. And I enjoyed it so much during the film I was already sold before I needed to listen to it, while you expected just something ... different
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJan 12th 2010 edited
    It may well become one of the most played scores when heard in the film, once it's released on blu. smile
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    It may well become one of the most played scores when heard in the film, once it's released on blu. smile

and that day Blu-ray sales will sky rocket any other movie ever released on Blu-ray smile
  6. Still playing New Moon

what began good quickly turned into a long, average score. Of course it's way better than Burwell's score, but I can't see what the fuzz behind this one is

3 stars, no more
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    DreamTheater wrote

Just another listen, nope, still doesn't set me on fire...

You're not the only one , it doesn't set me ablaze at all and I'm also a big Horner fan !
    I haven't seen the film yet though ...
    I'll give it a few more spins ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  7. Eric wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Just another listen, nope, still doesn't set me on fire...

You're not the only one , it doesn't set me ablaze at all and I'm also a big Horner fan !
    I haven't seen the film yet though ...
    I'll give it a few more spins ...

while everyone agrees Avatar the movie is totally awesome, it seems the score gets a lot of mixed reactions. I think it all comes down to how much you were expecting something else
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Still playing New Moon

what began good quickly turned into a long, average score. Of course it's way better than Burwell's score, but I can't see what the fuzz behind this one is

3 stars, no more

There's beautiful themes in there, once you're familiar with them after some listens, you might 'get' it wink
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Still playing New Moon

3 stars, no more

There's beautiful themes in there, once you're familiar with them after some listens, you might 'get' it wink

I was really sold during the beginning, but after a while it just all sounded uninteresting. I'm just not a Desplat fan shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Still playing New Moon

3 stars, no more

I was really sold during the beginning, but after a while it just all sounded uninteresting. I'm just not a Desplat fan shame

Well, you won't be if you're not at least giving it a chance wink Wait 'till you reach the end of the album, there's some very good cues in there. Or i could post my alternative tracklisting, which tosses out all the underscore and keeps the thematic, winner material.
  9. Christodoulides wrote

Well, you won't be if you're not at least giving it a chance wink Wait 'till you reach the end of the album, there's some very good cues in there. Or i could post my alternative tracklisting, which tosses out all the underscore and keeps the thematic, winner material.

I've reached the end, and it was nice to hear the lovely material of the begin return for the final tracks, but overall the middle is waaaaaaaaay too long for me
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : HULK - Danny Elfman

Not bad at all.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote

Not bad at all.

Nope. In fact better than his scores for Spiderman.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Not bad at all.

Nope. In fact better than his scores for Spiderman.

I agree! The Spidey scores do have their moments though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE JUNGLE BOOK - Basil Poledouris

A damn good score that I should play more often, I guess I tend to bypass this as soon as my eyes hit the spines for Conan or Starship Troopers and the like.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE JUNGLE BOOK - Basil Poledouris

A damn good score that I should play more often, I guess I tend to bypass this as soon as my eyes hit the spines for Conan or Starship Troopers and the like.

Played this yesterday. Wonderful themes and some excellent moments but I found myself wanting a bit more from the orchestrations. Not sure what I'm trying to get at but at times it did seem rather dull and simplistic!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  10. I always want the main theme of JUNGLE BOOK to go further. It's never quite excited me like Poledouris main themes for other films/shows.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  11. NP: Creation (christopher young)

I really like this score. It reveals more with each listen. Now if only the film got some play, so Young could get some career mileage out of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010
    The film was released over here. It was generally savaged.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSunil
    DreamTheater wrote

Just another listen, nope, still doesn't set me on fire... WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with me?

There is nothing wrong with you, my friend. You are absolutely right about the score. According to me, this score just SUCKS. vomit
    Racism, Prejudices and discrimination exists everywhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010 edited
    It's a Fact then!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Ok. The Hans Zimmer vs James Horner and Sherlock Holmes vs Avatar comments should be spoken out by now. No more comparisons or comments for the sake of it. We know everyone's opinion on it by now.

Thanks.
    Kazoo
  12. I prefer Avatar myself.
    • CommentAuthorLars
    THE BANQUET - Tan Dun

a wonderfoul score composed by tan dun, which fits pefect to the movie. the main theme is really beautiful and the title song of the film is one of the best asian movie songs i've ever heard. what i also like about the score is, that it doesn't sound like a typical asian score. it has a more western feeling, especially the main theme. the score is better than hero or crouching tiger, hidden dragon. i give this score and the movie 5 of 5 stars.