• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010
    Ah, i can't even remember the last time i played this wonderful score...thanks for reminding it to me!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    I have been continuing my listening of older score.
    This morning I played:

Braveheart - James Horner

A score that I just can't get enough of. Every track is a delight. A very variable and emotional score. I know that the music branch of the Academy made had mistakes before but giving the Oscar to Il Postino (which is a pleasant little score, but nothing else) instead of Horner's masterpiece is one of their biggest mistakes in Oscar history. I really can't imagine where they put their ears in 1996. This is Horner's Magnum Opus in my eyes/ears. Fantastic music! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sunil wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Just another listen, nope, still doesn't set me on fire... WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with me?

There is nothing wrong with you, my friend. You are absolutely right about the score. According to me, this score just SUCKS. vomit

You just don't like blue people. Racist.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    It's a Fact then!

Only if I say it is!

and it's not! biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2010 edited
    NP:MOH Saga (Giacchino)

Well, in fact MOH, Underground, Frontline and Airborne.

While the last one it's more the Giacchino I love ( with the LOST sound), the other 3 contains much more memorable and addictive themes and motifs.

If you put Underground after frontline you have a good evolution of Giacchino's personality. from Williams to Giacchino. Undergrouns is less Williams influenced than Frontline. dizzy

An incredibly music achivement.
  1. Steven wrote
    Sunil wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Just another listen, nope, still doesn't set me on fire... WHAT THE FUCK is wrong with me?

There is nothing wrong with you, my friend. You are absolutely right about the score. According to me, this score just SUCKS. vomit

You just don't like blue people. Racist.

confused confused confused

Just stating the obvious.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Or Michelle Rodriguez. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    You mean Michael Rodriguez.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote

biggrin
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : WHAT DREAMS MAY COME - Ennio Morricone

Simply wonderful cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote

Simply wonderful cool

is it best than the kamen one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Simply wonderful cool

I'm the biggest Kamen fan on this forum, I'm sure, and I will say that Morricone's score is 1,000 times better. It's absolutely incredible. A proper release of it (the bootleg has horrible sound and only the "heavenly" half of the score, leaving out the dark stuff which was apparently recorded) is my #1 film music holy grail.
  2. Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Simply wonderful cool

I'm the biggest Kamen fan on this forum, I'm sure, and I will say that Morricone's score is 1,000 times better. It's absolutely incredible. A proper release of it (the bootleg has horrible sound and only the "heavenly" half of the score, leaving out the dark stuff which was apparently recorded) is my #1 film music holy grail.

I remembered that Morricone's music was better indeed than the Kamen one, even though Kamen's score worked very well inside the film
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Timmer wrote

Simply wonderful cool

I didn't know that? Well, it's on my holy grail list too now!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : TROY - Gabriel Yared

The bollocks! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Today was one of those days where I have over 3000 soundtracks staring down at me and I have no clue what I want to play. I hate these days so I started with Creation by Christopher Young. Pretty good but I can't put it up there with the likes of The Shipping News and Murder in the First. I then turned quickly to Ryan Shore's excellent score to Rex Steele: Nazi Smasher. Lots of fun far too short! I then tried Victoria Kelly's Under The Mountain after reading Scorekeerper's Best of 2009 at Ain't It Cool News. Unfortunately, Kelly's score almost put me to sleep. I knew I wanted something relaxing yet interesting enough to keep me awake so I turned to...

NP: The Film Music of Ralph Vaughan Williams Vol 2 - Ralph Vaughan Williams
    Rumon Gamba conducts the BBC Philharmonic

On this delightful album there are three scores featured; 49th Parallel, The Dim Little Island and The England of Elizabeth. Exquisite music, wonderfully performed with a nice, warm recording!

Aaaaaaah! smile

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You have chosen.......wisely
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    I then tried Victoria Kelly's Under The Mountain after reading Scorekeerper's Best of 2009 at Ain't It Cool News. Unfortunately, Kelly's score almost put me to sleep. I knew I wanted something relaxing yet interesting enough to keep me awake so I turned to...

-Erik-

me too, I really expected it to be far better, wasn't too fond of this score
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Solaris (Martinez)

One of my all time favourites scores ever.

This crystal sounding electronics, are really mindblowing.

A fantastic inmersive listening experience. I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE It!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    NP: Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves - Michael Kamen

Great score with great finale punk
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Miya wrote
    NP: Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves - Michael Kamen

Great score with great finale punk

Indeed. Some one has to do this score justice and release an expanded/remastered edition.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote

F*ck you.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    biggrin
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    This is classified as a soundtrack, so I post here smile

NP: Fantasia 2000

The Carnival Of The Animals by bigger orchestra sounds great!
    And I always love Rhapsody In Blue - it's cool .

Now, Pomp and Circumstance, with volume up, punk (sorry neighbours! wink)
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010 edited
    Daybreakers Christopher Gordon

I don't think this will be for everyone (then again, what is?), but especially as a Gordon fan, I'm finding a lot here worthy of repeat listens! Something I'm sure I'll listen to many times when I'm in the mood for something dark. And I love the Rugby World Cup percussion! I'm looking forward to hearing it in the film.

(Though the album might benefit from a shorter running time by just getting rid of a few of the more ambient tracks.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Gone With The Wind - Max Steiner
    Charles Gerhardt and the National Philharmonic

Bloody brilliant! This is a carefully constructed 43 minute suite (prepared both by Gerhardt and Steiner) featuring every single theme Steiner wrote for the film... 11 of them if I remember correctly.

This is a perfect score, a perfect performance, a perfect recording; this album should have its place in every single film music fans collection!

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Daybreakers Christopher Gordon

I don't think this will be for everyone (then again, what is?), but especially as a Gordon fan, I'm finding a lot here worthy of repeat listens! Something I'm sure I'll listen to many times when I'm in the mood for something dark. And I love the Rugby World Cup percussion! I'm looking forward to hearing it in the film.

(Though the album might benefit from a shorter running time by just getting rid of a few of the more ambient tracks.)

This one I am really looking forward to hearing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010 edited
    NP: Murder in the First - Christopher Young

Young at his best! One of the finest scores he has ever written!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Two packages arrived today, so I now own

Last Rites - Bruce Broughton
    Love with the Proper Stranger - Elmer Bernstein
    Back to the Future - Alan Silvestri
    In Search of Peace - Lee Holdridge

Now listening to Last Rites for the first time. Seems pretty good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Back to the Future - Alan Silvestri

You are going to fucking hate this one!

-Erik-