• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote
    Back to the Future - Alan Silvestri

You are going to fucking hate this one!

-Erik-

that's his problem, I fucking love this one punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 14th 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

-Erik-

that's his problem, I fucking love this one punk

WHOOOSH!!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

-Erik-

I must admit, I haven't heard many good things about it. It's not a good sign when a release meets with such an unenthusiastic response. I guess it's just like Romancing the Stone.
  2. Southall wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Southall wrote

-Erik-

I must admit, I haven't heard many good things about it. It's not a good sign when a release meets with such an unenthusiastic response. I guess it's just like Romancing the Stone.

comparing Romancing the Stone with Back to the Future is like comparing my reviews with Clemmensen's reviews, you can't compare mediocre with brilliant wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    WHOOOOOOOOSSSSSSHhhh!!!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    biggrin biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote

Romancing The Stone and Clan of the Cave Bear are Silvestri's masterpieces.

As for Back To The Future... I have no clue as to why Intrada would think anyone would want not 1 but a 2CD's of music from one of the most overrated 80's movies of all time. What a let down.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Offense is the best defense!

But yeah, Southall will not like this. I'd even go so far as to suggest he not listen to it.
  3. NP: The Killing Room by Brian Tyler

Even though I'm hearing a lot of Sphere and Aliens in this, I quite like this. Definitely a Tyler I haven't heard before. Kudos to him because it was about bloody time he did something different
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: The Killing Room by Brian Tyler

Even though I'm hearing a lot of Sphere and Aliens in this, I quite like this. Definitely a Tyler I haven't heard before. Kudos to him because it was about bloody time he did something different

Indeed, the theme at the end of "Memoriam" is very inspired and its final rendition in "End" is even better. Very good score.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
  4. Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

Indeed, the theme at the end of "Memoriam" is very inspired and its final rendition in "End" is even better. Very good score.

I've yet to hear "End", but this is a very powerful score, which sets a very good mood. Glad to hear something inspiring from Tyler
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote

I've yet to hear "End", but this is a very powerful score, which sets a very good mood. Glad to hear something inspiring from Tyler

Very powerful score indeed. Great exception of the rule here, hope he keeps up!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010
    NP: Dragon Heart - Randy Edelman

How noble are these themes and melodies!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote

Excellent score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    lp wrote

Excellent score!

-Erik-

"To the Stars" ... a great piece.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Unbreakable - James Newton Howard

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    The Land Before Time - James Horner

A pretty good score but as opposed to most of its fans I don't think it's brilliant. Very good, but not great.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Godzilla Vs Megaguirus - Michiru Ohshima

A driven and majestic score !
    If you are a Godzilla fan , this is a must buy !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2010 edited
    keky wrote
    The Land Before Time - James Horner

A pretty good score but as opposed to most of its fans I don't think it's brilliant. Very good, but not great.

Aaahhh ! The perfect accompaniment score to Willow. I've yet to listen to these two one after the other, but it sure must be one hell of breathtaking experience. I simply adore Land Before Time. One of his most beautiful. love

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (new music by Clint Bajakian, themes by ... you know who)

The game score is all about action, big, bold and brassy action. In the style of Williams' masterpieces of course. Bajakian did a wonderful job creating a score that holds its own against the might of the trilogy music (Indy IV not counting for obvious reasons). Tracks such as 'Istanbul Breakout', 'The Kraken's Lair', 'Gondola Ride', 'Von Beck's Revenge' and 'Rise of the Black Emperor' easily show the superbly energetic and orchestral power with which Bajakian has wanted to write his own personal hommage to the maestro. This is fun, has a huge orchestral sound and features instantly memorable action music that admirers of 'Desert Chase', 'The Mine Car Chase', 'Belly of the Steel Beast' will certainly love. punk

I'm listening to my own custom soundtrack in which I ignored most of the synthesized cues written for the game (though some are included to have a more consistent flow to the musical structure). This one flatout rocks !! beer
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    On The Beach Christopher Gordon

I feel like I should be posting this in the non-film music NP thread - this is more like a symphony than a score!
  6. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway (Ed Lima & Duncan Watt)

I bought this on a whim over at SAE, having liked Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (Stephen Harwood) so much. Boy this is one heck of a nice surprise. This has just a glorious main theme that will stay in your head for long, even after this ultra short score for the videogame has ended. A heroic theme is not a heroic theme without choir so this score has a splendid militaristic theme backed up by that ever so important element. I'm now hearing it also has a lot in common with Kamen's Band of Brothers theme. Apart from the thematic statements, the overall music is rather restrained and suspense-like, so no gung-ho blasting action cues here. Then again, I get the most satisfaction from the more emotional war scores out there anyway. The only downside is, 23 minutes is not enough to get the overall picture of where the composers were going with this small gem. Twice the length would've been sweet. But enough staying power it sure has!!
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthoradam
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010
    Benny & Joon by Rachel Portman
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    NP The Hurt Locker (Marco Beltrami)

Difficult, very difficult to listen to this one. Dark, dissonant, atmospheric,....one of these releases I can´t understand.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I can't recall any music from the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Can´t blame you. Neither did I. I only remembered it to be 100% atmospheric underscore.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Marselus wrote

Difficult, very difficult to listen to this one. Dark, dissonant, atmospheric,....one of these releases I can´t understand.

I haven't heard it yet, but one could say the same about BRIAN TYLER's The killing room, i suppose?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 16th 2010 edited
    I played a few scores this afternoon...

The Matrix Reloaded
    The Bourne Identity
    The World Is Not Enough

A total change of pace now...

NP : CATCH ME IF YOU CAN - John Williams

I love this album cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ^ Ah, such smooth, laid-back GOOD music. The kind of music you play at a nice dinner with friends and wholly enjoy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Marselus wrote

I haven't heard it yet, but one could say the same about BRIAN TYLER's The killing room, i suppose?

No, not at all. The Hurt Locker is extremely atmospheric. Not a single melody.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    ^ Ah, such smooth, laid-back GOOD music. The kind of music you play at a nice dinner with friends and wholly enjoy wink

True, but you'd have the volume turned down, I like to play it loud'ish. cool