• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010
    Just in case you guys start to miss him, here's a video.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Just in case you guys start to miss him, here's a video.

That is undoubtedly his finest hour and, actually, you could shove that over The Dark Knight (or most of his other films) and you'd get a score with just as much dramatic merit.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Martijn wrote
    Ah! Z has been qualified.
    Therefore x = sleep with Desplat but not with Yared.

So who's the biggest Desplat fan on the forum? That will define our x!

Actually, one day I received a package of cds from SAE which included two cds of Desplat, one of Yared, among others. I was so tired that instead of scanning the liner notes, I fell asleep, with this package of cds still on the bed. I only discovered this in the morning when i woke up lying on top of it, feeling a bit sore. So I guess you could say I've slept with both Desplat and Yared, although there was more Desplat involved. (Not to add necrophilia to my unwitting crime that night, but there was a couple of deceased composer scores in that package too!)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    lol

You had me rolling on the floor!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Why? He has disqualified himself as x. sad
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I'm a Desplat fan and I sleep by listening his music sometimes. Does this make me the x?
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I dunno. Have you ever not slept with Yared?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    How dare you?! angry I've never even met the guy!!!
    Oh.... you meant listening to Yared! shame No I haven't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You haven't not slept with Yared? So you HAVE?
    Damn. Then you're not the x either. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I don't get it! What should have I done to be x? I'm confused! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    And it's SO simple! spin

x=z+desplat
    z-yared=x
    Z= sleep
    Thus x = sleep with Desplat but not with Yared.

So to be x, you have to
    - have slept with Desplat
    AND
    - not have slept with Yared

franz has already admitted sleeping with both (and then some), therefore franz=orgy, but not x.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010 edited
    Well I'm x! I've slept with Desplat but not with Yared. Listening to their music I mean. If you mean otherwise, sorry I can't help you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2010 edited
    Yes! punk That's what I meant!

We found her!
    You are now officially my ex!

...oh...wait. cry
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    biggrin

I'm your x not your ex, so don't cry little baby! A kiss to make it better kiss
  2. Stavroula wrote
    Well I'm x! I've slept with Desplat but not with Yared. Listening to their music I mean. If you mean otherwise, sorry I can't help you!

Yet more proof that Desplat is the luckiest composer around!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    If this was meant to be a compliment to me I thank thee kind sir! shame
  3. I can't imagine there's a single thing anyone round here would say to you that wasn't a complement. spin wink

NP: Middletown (Debbie Wiseman)

Nice themes, but it loses the race in the long run, running out of things to say.
  4. franz_conrad wrote

NP: Middletown (Debbie Wiseman)

Nice themes, but it loses the race in the long run, running out of things to say.

My favourite score from 2006. I think it's brilliant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 9th 2010
    Stavroula wrote
    If this was meant to be a compliment to me I thank thee kind sir! shame

True, that's a compliment.

franz_conrad wrote
    I can't imagine there's a single thing anyone round here would say to you that wasn't a complement. spin wink

True. beer
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PETULIA - John Barry

A great very early morning listen cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Pay It Forward - Thomas Newman

Not a very consistent listening experience as an album but the quieter more heartfelt cues are stunning in their simplicity and perfect for unwinding to at this time (when I really should get to sleep).

cool
  5. NP: (or rather, just played) The Last Station (Sergey Yevtushenko)

Polite gentle orchestral score. It does have one real asset, which is the waltz theme that first appears in 'Holy of Holies' and the grand 'Finale'. The rest is certainly nice, but didn't quite jump out to me today as much as that theme did.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Bregt wrote
    9.99 | Christopher Bowen

There's a really cool theme in here, heard in the first and last track (which is quite different from the others actually). The other tracks center around playful pianomelodies, with driving strings as a support. Odd score. Has anyone else heard this?

Yes, I've had it for some time - and I really like it's quirkiness. A breath of fresh air against the usual scoring of today.

A track with the title, "A Girl Only Prettier" certainly gets my interest in the film!! And it's a lovely track also.

Quirky it is indeed.

I really like it after a few listens. Those last couple of tracks are a treat. A really cosy score.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall

Still wowing me!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Home Alone - Somewhere In My Memory (from John Williams Greatest Hits 1969-1999)

Suddenly I'm in the mood for this... one month late? christmas_drunk
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I love people who sing Christmas carols out of season! punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote

Still wowing me!

I want the full score dammit! There's an entire theme missing from the album.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote

Still wowing me!

I still don't get it. confused sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote

Still wowing me!

I still don't get it. confused sad

Not even 'Jake's First Flight'? Or, being an action man, not 'War'!??