• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote
    uhm

I sense we shall have to discuss with Bregt the option of having you removed from the internet entirely.

Let's get the burgameister, let's march on Christopher with everybody carrying flaming torches and sharp things.

biggrin I listened to it again and found that I liked tracks 10 and 11 more than I had remembered. It would be nice if these tracks had titles...
  2. Is it the movie about a football (soccer for the US members) game that leads to escape from a Nazi prison camp, starring Stallone and more than a few soccer stars of the past?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 9th 2010
    No, it's about a female journalist investigating what seems to be a virgin birth in a Catholic nunnery.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  3. I was asking about Escape to Victory, not Agnes of God smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010 edited
    LOL biggrin

Yes , it's about the escape of POW during a soccer match against the Germans Pawel ...
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 10th 2010
    It's a dafty film but IS great fun to watch.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I begin my day with Charles Gerhardt's outstanding and inspired Bernard Herrmann album. The album opens up with the explosive "Death Hunt" from On Dangerous Ground. Phenomenal stuff! Citizen Kane and Concert Macabre from Hangover Square have never sounded better. To compliment those scores Gerhardt goes outside the box and records a suite from Beneath The 12-Mile Reef which includes those fantastic glissando and arpeggios for NINE harps. He finishes everything off with the stunning White Witch Doctor which contains one of my all time favorite Herrmann tracks "Talking Drums/Prelude-The Riverboat/Petticoat Dance/The Safari" The rhythms are out of this world and the NPO performs those cues flawlessly! This is one of the finest albums Gerhardt produced and is a great way to start the day!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    NP: The Expendables - Brian Tyler
    Just when you thought Tyler couldn't get any more generic... rolleyes
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That is such a brilliant album Erik, one of my very favourite recordings of Herrmann's music cool

NP : THE DEEP - John Barry

Beautiful and spellbinding score that evokes an underwater world so effortlessly, lovely orchestrations and even synthesizer but used to very very subtle effect, this one is going to take some yanking to pry it out of my stereo cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Resident Evil Afterlife - Tomandandy

It was my first listen and I must say as a fan of the RE franchise this one's a big disappointment for me .
    I expected something better and in the line of the previous Resident Evil composers .
    Instead we get another wall of noise (a la Piranha 3D) mixed with some ambient stuff !
    Maybe it works in the movie but as a stand alone listening experience it's just terrible !
    Dunno what they were smoking when they composed it !
    Please bring back Charlie Clouser or Jeff Danna ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Been playing Powell's Endurance.

Most of the tracks on the album does absolutely nothing for me, so I don't agree with people who call it one of Powell's best. That said, the tracks "Main titles", "Chasing the bull", "Chosen to run for Ethiopia" and "The final race" make an extraordinary suite. punk

The first and last track on the album both deserve a 'worst track on a CD evah' award.

Peter smile
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2010
    Dude, you're not including The Great Tree? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Anthony wrote
    Dude, you're not including The Great Tree? uhm

That's probably my 5th favourite track, but didn't consider it good enough to mention. I gave it 2½ stars in itunes. It might be turn into a 3 with additional listens.

Peter smile
  4. I'm just starting into the Star Wars Arista box set again tonight. Classic stuff - it really brings back childhood memories to listen to Star Wars scores. I've long suspected that this is the reason I like John Williams's music so much more than Jerry Goldsmith's: I was raised on films scored by Williams. I don't think I even saw a Goldsmith-scored film until Rudy.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    This will be a difficult weekend waiting for the new LOST soundtrack, but in its place arrived Tadlow's Lawrence Of Arabia.

I'll give the second disc a spin to start with me thinks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Doctor Who Series 3 - Murray Gold

Pulse pounding action music , beautiful melodies , emotional stuff - this has it all !
    Just brilliant !
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Lover's Prayer - Joel McNeely

Quite possibly McNeely's finest film score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    That's a gorgeous score indeed, love every note in it.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    ILAN ESHKERI - centurion

Shame that the epic main theme is not used more in the score.
  5. Re: Lawrence of Arabia. I think that I'll stick with the already-released music. The second disc isn't of much interest to me.

But I'm sure many will love it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2010 edited
    NP: Iron Will - Joel McNeely

Grand orchestral goodness! Not terribly original but a boat load of fun!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: On The Beach - Christopher Gordon

I never tire of this man music. This score is so bloody well written.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Return to paradise (Mark Mancina)

My only Mancina album. Calm and lovely score with a wonderful theme. Perhaps there's a bit too many tracks where nothing much is happening, and where it's just atmosphere though. But still a highly listenable score that I recommend to anyone.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Lover's Prayer - Joel McNeely

Quite possibly McNeely's finest film score!

-Erik-

Good thing you specified "film" score. Because in my view, McNeely's greatest achievement is by far Shadows of the Empire, but that's not technically a film score, is it?

NP: L'avventuriero, Ennio Morricone
    Gorgeous, so many lyrical themes. Just don't expect to find the CutThroat Island feel that the artwork would make you believe.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    ILAN ESHKERI - centurion

A friend has loaned me the film so I'll get a chance to hear this soon.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Re: Lawrence of Arabia. I think that I'll stick with the already-released music. The second disc isn't of much interest to me.

But I'm sure many will love it.

Yes, I will! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    NP: Batman, 2-CD Expanded Edition, Danny Elfman

punk
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    ILAN ESHKERI - centurion

Let me know if the movie is any good, i am a huge fan of these flicks and i haven't watched it yet.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : QUANTUM OF SOLACE - David Arnold

cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    ILAN ESHKERI - centurion

Let me know if the movie is any good, i am a huge fan of these flicks and i haven't watched it yet.

The reviews were reasonably good, I'll probably watch it tomorrow.