• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    Big City - Erwan Kermorvant

Now this is recorded by somebody who knows what they're doing! If only everything sounded this good.

The orchestrations and arrangements do help too wink

Kevin Scarlet wrote
    A Single Man - Abel Korzeniowski

As much as I love Avatar, I think A Single Man might have the best score of 2009. It has so much of what I love in film music...an unabashed, almost tragic romanticism highlighted in "And Just Like That" and "Stillness of the Mind". Shigeru Umebayashi's input is great, too.

It's absolutely beautiful.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: El Cid ~Miklos Rosza

Perfect, perfect, perfect!!!!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: El Cid ~Miklos Rosza

Perfect, perfect, perfect!!!!

What are you trying to say Stavi? wink

Yes indeed. I played it the other day. Amazing score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Inkheart ~ Javier Navarrette

Fairytalish to its last note! Wonderful! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    A Single Man - Abel Korzeniowski

As much as I love Avatar, I think A Single Man might have the best score of 2009. It has so much of what I love in film music...an unabashed, almost tragic romanticism highlighted in "And Just Like That" and "Stillness of the Mind". Shigeru Umebayashi's input is great, too.

Indeed. Beautiful score from start to finish.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010 edited
    From hell (Trevor Jones)

Just listened to this while doing my homework. Got through the album several times. It's a dark score, but never unlistenable, and full of atmosphere. Still, I haven't really found much to enjoy in it either. There are a few moments I'm beginning to notice that are kinda cool. Alas, I'll probably have to play this album 200 times before I'll get it (this is not an exaggeration).

My current rating: ***

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2010
    NP: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Óscar Araujo

Once again, loving this score!
    I can't praise it enough.
    The more I hear it the more I find in it.
    Perhaps the best game score of the year!
  1. Atham wrote
    NP: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Óscar Araujo

Once again, loving this score!
    I can't praise it enough.
    The more I hear it the more I find in it.
    Perhaps the best game score of the year!

I've been listening to some of the tracks to this on YouTube since you first listened to it and it is quite an enjoyable listen.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    It sure is!
    On album at first you think it's going to be another crash bang pure action score. But after a couple of tracks it soon becomes evident that it contains rich melodies and beautiful vocal lines. Plus so much more!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    NP: (or watching) FIMUCITE 2: CLOSING NIGHT GALA DVD

A great celebration of film music with the Tenerife Film Orchestra and Choir under the battons of Diego Navarro and Joel McNeely.
    I particularly loved watching the performance of The Enterprise from Star Trek:TMP and Camelot Lives from First Knight (which was very moving having a giant projection of Goldsmith behind the orchestra). There are many other great cues too from Goldsmith, Williams, North, Herrmann, Barry and Waxman. Quite a line up!
    If I had to gripe it would be that it wasn't high enough def for my liking. I would have loved it in 5.1 surround rather than stereo. And I wish the cameras were set on principal players during their performances more often. I also wish it went a little longer.
    But that aside it's a pretty good package. One I will treasure in fact! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    WILLIAM ROSS - my dog Skip

What a wonderful, lyrical score. Another one of those composers (Gordon, McKenzie, Adrian Johnston, Cliff Eidelman, Broughton) who are tremendously underused.
  2. Lost- The Final Season MG

Wonderful!
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Where? How? I want it!

Edit: Oh, final season, not final episodes. shame
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    There's a difference between the final season and the final episodes? confused
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    There's a difference between the final season and the final episodes? confused

2 seperate releases, the episodes thingy just announced today from Varese.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I was just wondering how one is connected to the other.
    So do I understand correctly there are MORE episodes after the last season?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    The "final season" soundtrack included music from the first twelve episodes of the season. The "last episodes" soundtrack includes music from the final four.

As far as you should be concerned, it's a big-ass 4 CD soundtrack... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    shocked

Jesus... Isn't that a little overkill? Or is the music from season six so notedly more varied and exciting than the preceding seasons that it warrants that kind of release? (Or is it just another Lucas/Lord Of The Rings let's-milk-it-for-all-it's-worth thing?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    No, it's not an overkill. Season 6, the final episodes contain mindblowing music most of which was not in the season 6 original cd release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Martijn wrote
    Jesus... Isn't that a little overkill? Or is the music from season six so notedly more varied and exciting than the preceding seasons that it warrants that kind of release? (Or is it just another Lucas/Lord Of The Rings let's-milk-it-for-all-it's-worth thing?)

If you're not a huge fan of what's been released from the previous seasons, I doubt you'll find season 6 to be "more varied and exciting."
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm happy to be one of those not shelling out on multiple lost releases.

I just can't get beyond the music being good, for me to buy all these multiple releases it has to be BRILLIANT which, IMO, it is not.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Van Helsing ~ Alan Silvestri

I heard it back to back with Beowulf and it's the first time I clearly recognized his patterns and his motifs in the action cues mostly. A very nice listening indeed! I really like Reunited.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Stavroula wrote
    NP: Van Helsing ~ Alan Silvestri

I heard it back to back with Beowulf and it's the first time I clearly recognized his patterns and his motifs in the action cues mostly. A very nice listening indeed! I really like Reunited.

Do ever find two scores can be similar yet you can love one and hate the other?

I love Beowulf yet dislike ( not 'hate' ) Van Helsing.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Timmer wrote
    I'm happy to be one of those not shelling out on multiple lost releases.

I just can't get beyond the music being good, for me to buy all these multiple releases it has to be BRILLIANT which, IMO, it is not.

Did you watch the show? I think half the appeal is the memories it brings back of the best TV I've seen in years.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Mel did....I didn't! I lost all interest in it and just found it convoluted and immensely irritating. I do realise that the scores would probably appeal to me more if I'd enjoyed the show, I honestly can't think of a more overrated show in TV history.

please feel free to pour scorn and hate on me wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Overrated? sad

I think at its peak it was absolutely amazing.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Twould seem it by-passed my amazement.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : KOYANISQAATSI - Philip Glass

Mindblowing.
  3. Timmer wrote
    NP : KOYANISQAATSI - Philip Glass

Mindblowing.

wink

Is it "Mindblowing", or is it: "Mindblowing.Mindblowing.Mindblowing.Mindblowing.Mindblowing.Mindblowing.Mindblowing.Mindblowing.Mindblowing.Mindblowing.Mindblowing.Mindblowing....."

wink

(hey, look -- I broke MainTitles)
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin