• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010
    It's good but other do minimalism far better than Zimmer in Frost/Nixon. I personally don't think it's the path where he feels the most comfortable in.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Not that slightly Phillip Glass stinted minimalism, true. But the combination between this and ambient, using his trademark harmonic sensibilities is a path, where - as Inception shows - he feels very much at home and already made it his own, rather than simply reworking Glass, Nyman or anyone else (even Stephen Warbeck in the underrated Proof)
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. Tron: Legacy - Daft Punk

It's not daft, nor is it punk. What is it then? It's freaking cool as ice, that's what it is ! I recognize some Zimmerisms in how the music is structured and the electronic component is very appropriate for the film not to mention those retro effects which are fantastic for an 80s nut like me. Now that I think about it, this kind of approach has been used in a videogames series too, the symphonic blended with electronics. Just listen to the main theme of Mass Effect. The same kind of buildup and electronic effects are used. Plus it's a very cool main theme. That's why that trailer music from Tron Legacy always reminded me of Mass Effect.

This sure is a nice suprise. Can't wait to hear it in context come january.

End of Line sounds like something John Carpenter would have written... Awesome! punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Was playing:

Behind Enemy Lines - Don Davis

His best score apart from the Matrix trilogy. The "promo" is overlong but a fantastic album could be made from the music.

Now playing:

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier - Jezza G

Magnificent!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I've yet to hear the Inception score or see the film. It is releasing soon on DVD so I'll give it a watch and then be able to make an intelligent opinion.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm listening to The Way West
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Was playing:

Behind Enemy Lines - Don Davis

His best score apart from the Matrix trilogy. The "promo" is overlong but a fantastic album could be made from the music.

Agree. Just do not watch the movie wink
  3. I love the promo, pity much of the score relies on Horner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Beastmaster 2 : Through the Portal of Time - Robert Folk

Awesome score which impresses from start to finish !
    The second track Dar the Hero gives me goosebumps each time I listen to it .
    Heroic stuff and absolutely spectacular work by Folk !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Contains my second favorite heroic theme of all time!

Brilliant score!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    Contains my second favorite heroic theme of all time!

Brilliant score!

-Erik-

Does he not use Holdridge's "Battle Star Galactica" theme? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nope! Brand new.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm going to listen to it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE THING - Ennio Morricone

I've turned off the lights and opened the curtains, just the lights from the street illuminating the falling snow is making this a very VERY atmospheric listen cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I love the promo, pity much of the score relies on Horner.

It could be the other way round! The score did help me make a previously-unmade connection between that Mighty Joe Young theme (which I guess is what you're referring to) and the action fanfare Jerry Goldsmith put in so many of his later scores.

I did watch the film last night (sorry D) and quite enjoyed it, despite its moments of silliness I did enjoy seeing an old-fashioned action film with clearly-defined good guys and bad guys. Far prefer that to modern Tony Scott-style stuff.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote

I've turned off the lights and opened the curtains, just the lights from the street illuminating the falling snow is making this a very VERY atmospheric listen cool

If I wasn't so warm and snug I might have almost scared myself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Masada - Jerry Goldsmith

Outstanding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Jaws 2 - John Williams

Another masterpiece from maestro Williams !
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    Masada - Jerry Goldsmith

Outstanding.

Another 10 kudos points for appropriate use of the word 'outstanding'.
  4. Timmer wrote

Great idea!

All you need now is a Petri dish and a couple of friends!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    biggrin

Yes, I'm sure they'll just love being tied and bound together on chairs while I brandish a flame thrower. wink
  5. smile

Isn't that usual for a party at your place?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. Eric wrote

Really... I have to get my paws on it somehow. I've never been able to love the first Jaws, but the second should be more fun right?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. Southall wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    I love the promo, pity much of the score relies on Horner.

It could be the other way round! The score did help me make a previously-unmade connection between that Mighty Joe Young theme (which I guess is what you're referring to) and the action fanfare Jerry Goldsmith put in so many of his later scores.

I did watch the film last night (sorry D) and quite enjoyed it, despite its moments of silliness I did enjoy seeing an old-fashioned action film with clearly-defined good guys and bad guys. Far prefer that to modern Tony Scott-style stuff.

The Americana themes are pretty much Horner in their execution (rather than Goldsmith and Williams doing the same sound).
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Eric wrote

Really... I have to get my paws on it somehow. I've never been able to love the first Jaws, but the second should be more fun right?

I love the first one as well Gilles , but the second one maybe even tops the first !
    It certainly has some great and sometimes lighter themes ...
    Check it out if you have the chance ... wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Been playing some Potter recently:

HP1 *****
    HP2 ****½
    HP3 *****
    HP4 ****
    HP5 **½
    HP6 ***
    HP7 ***½

Ratings might change with additional listens.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    HP makes a wonderful barbecue sauce, i can't hold myself back with that! lick
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bacon sarny with HP.... lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Fuck that is brilliant. You Britons do know how to make some stuff good eventually.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    eventually? uhm