• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    Maybe he meant occasionally?

still...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I meant occasionally, yes wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  1. Timmer wrote
    Bacon sarny with HP.... lick

You are an HP guy?

It needs to be ketchup.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010 edited
    Ketcup has no chances against hp
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Ketcup has no chances against hp

yeah

though ketchup has it's place, especially alongside mustard on a hotdog lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. NP: Tamara Drewe - Alexandre Desplat

This is like a mix between Desplat's Julie and Julia and Coulais's Coraline. Very fluffy score, the main theme is very enchanting. I love the way that Desplat uses the marimba and his trademark fluttering flute.
  3. What is HP?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:TRON legacy

FASCINATING, BOLD AND EPIC, TOUCHING, MODERN, ENJOYABLE, FRESH, COHERENT...

"Outlands", "Adagio for Tron", "the game has changed".... punk punk punk

I agree, specially in the 'fascinating' part ('Solar Sailer' among others). Really looking forward to watching the film.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    PawelStroinski wrote
    What is HP?

This:

http://www.google.dk/images?hl=da&b … &uss=1

Or this:

http://www.google.dk/images?hl=da&b … p;gs_rfai=

Or this:

http://www.google.dk/images?hl=da&b … p;gs_rfai=

The scores I listened to had to do with the third link.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010
    NP:The Da Vinci Code (Hans Zimmer)

MASTERPIECE.

And his best score so far.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:The Da Vinci Code (Hans Zimmer)

MASTERPIECE.

And his best score so far.

A great album but not a great score on film, not that the film was great anyway.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    I blame Ron Howard for the way he used the score. It could've been used to great effect in the film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Star Trek the next generation Vol.4 - Jay Chattaway

A good variety of music on this 4th volume .
    The "Theme from The Inner Light" is one of the most beautiful and moving pieces of the TNG universe .
    For some it may all sound too generic but I'm not one of them ... wink
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  4. Avatar complete promo - James Horner

My first real listen of the complete score, after having watched the film a couple of times already. It still works better inside the film than outside, because there's too much uninteresting going on, especially the first hour. But at least it builds to something better and memorable from that point on.

While I like some of the melodic and creative ideas, I've heard him do so much better in the past, and I really hope he will write something more consistently fantastic for the sequels. Because what I really miss in this score is consistency and a grander sound.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Eric wrote
    NP : Star Trek the next generation Vol.4 - Jay Chattaway

A good variety of music on this 4th volume .
    The "Theme from The Inner Light" is one of the most beautiful and moving pieces of the TNG universe .
    For some it may all sound too generic but I'm not one of them ... wink

I've never heard anyone say a bad word about this theme. Seems universally loved.

Peter smile
  5. DreamTheater wrote
    Avatar complete promo - James Horner

My first real listen of the complete score, after having watched the film a couple of times already. It still works better inside the film than outside, because there's too much uninteresting going on, especially the first hour. But at least it builds to something better and memorable from that point on.

While I like some of the melodic and creative ideas, I've heard him do so much better in the past, and I really hope he will write something more consistently fantastic for the sequels. Because what I really miss in this score is consistency and a grander sound.

I've not heard the complete score - goodness, I don't think I've managed to listen to all that has been commercially released all the way through in one go yet - but having watched the film for the first time the other day it struck me that there wasn't that much that was very memorable.

I seem to remember that Horner spent ages on this score. Is this right?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  6. 18 months. I think it was due to the fact that the project was made like a computer game.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. Watching the documentary on the DVD release, Horner had to do a few pieces early on so that they were available during filming. He could then have had a bit of a break before he had to write the actual score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Rob Roy - Carter Burwell

Wonderful score and my most favourite Burwell .
    I even prefer it over Horner's Braveheart ... *takes cover under the desk*
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    yeah Me too!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  8. Never heard it. I may go and investigate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    You wouldn't like it.
    Celticisms galore.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    You wouldn't like it.
    Celticisms galore.
    a what galore ? I think i just puked a bit
  9. Southall wrote
    Was playing:

Behind Enemy Lines - Don Davis

His best score apart from the Matrix trilogy. The "promo" is overlong but a fantastic album could be made from the music.
    !

I agree, there's some amazing orchestral music in this one. Now there's a score worthy of a release smile

NP: Waiting for Superman by Christophe Beck

soft and lovely, its easy to like
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    It is very nice indeed!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote
    NP : Rob Roy - Carter Burwell

Wonderful score and my most favourite Burwell .
    I even prefer it over Horner's Braveheart ... *takes cover under the desk*

Great score, my favourite Burwell too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    I think i just puked a bit

That's probably just some mouldy feta...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Too much oil.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I think i just puked a bit

That's probably just some mouldy feta...

lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Avatar complete promo - James Horner

I mainly just listen to the third disc (with all the final battle cues), that's more or less the bulk of all the unreleased material. smile The unreleased "War" cues are all quite cool!