• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Can you not try something like Opera Mini? There is also a mobile browser for Opera just released - there is not much between them.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010 edited
    Citizen Kane (Herrm)

Yaaaaaaaawn. I don't get why this is considered such a classic score. Only track I like is the short "Chronicle scherzo", but even this deserves some more development instead of such a short, unsatisfying rendition. The waltz and 'Susan's room' aren't unlistenable, but nothing special either. The rest of the album is just dull.

Peter sleep
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeDec 7th 2010
    What do you think of Deja Vu?
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    justin boggan wrote
    "Thirteen Days"
    (Trevor Jones)
    2CD

Finally giving this score the shot I should have years ago.

Boring. Not a single cue to be taken with. Standard fare, no thrills, no strong or memorable theme, score.
    Considering the film it was written for, I feel this was a DEEPLY missed oppritunity. Someone like Goldsmith or Poledouris could have done the film some proper justice. And at tiems it felt the scoring was just "wrong" for the film, too.

This goes into the heap of "Never Play Again".

That's a shame. I think the main theme is pure Trevor Jones bliss; a sweeping theme like only TJ can make 'em, and some of the action music kicks incredibly much buttock (particularly "There can be no deals"). I don't have the 2CD album though, but I think you're missing out if you never want to listen to the music again.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    plindboe wrote

It's not what it used to be.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    LSH wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    I heard Prawn Breader!

I'll go now...

-Erik-

We have a Lawn Shredder in the garage.

I imagine some thundering steam powered iron nuts & bolts machine of nightmarish proportions that throws entire landscapes into the air, like something out of a Stephen King novel cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Lawnoliers-R-Us!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Lawnoliers-R-Us!

biggrin

I can't remember a title but I'm sure King wrote a short story about some steam-press or some such that comes to life?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah. The Mangler, abouta possessed steam press...
    Not his finest hour. slant

Of course it was made into a movie.
    By Tobe Hooper.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Hmmmm? I vaguely remember that story being very poor.

I think I'm happy to say I haven't seen the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A Bridge Too Far/Addison a newer release from Kritzerland.
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    sdtom wrote

And a very nice one too!
    never been much of an Addison fan, but the clips on this one won me over.
    And a worthwhile purchase it was!
  2. sdtom wrote

Are you reviewing this Tom? I'd like to know your opinion.

I have the 10-minute suite that the BBC Concert Orchestra (Gamba) did for Chandos and I was wondering if having the original tracks adds anything more (than just having the original tracks).
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    sdtom wrote

Are you reviewing this Tom? I'd like to know your opinion.

I have the 10-minute suite that the BBC Concert Orchestra (Gamba) did for Chandos and I was wondering if having the original tracks adds anything more (than just having the original tracks).

I keep meaning to buy the Chandos release, do you like it Alan?
  3. I only bought the A Bridge Too Far suite. I didn't fancy the rest.
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    NP: The Extra Man (Badelt)

A beautiful, quirky score. It's an entirely new side to Badelt I haven't heard before, and I wish he'd do more stuff like this and L'Arnacoeur.
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I only bought the A Bridge Too Far suite. I didn't fancy the rest.

Okay.

I've always loved his theme for Reach For The Sky.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    I usually use my sony ericsson vivaz for this purpose (as i do now too) and never had any problems. If i were you james i'd message bregt , post it the site feedback topic and also try using another different browser on your phone .

I'm not sure I can use a different browser, to be honest.

Use Opera. I know that you can get the new/current Opera Mobile for your BB. My wife used to have a BB Pearl and that was the only browser she used. Not sure which Opera iteration it was though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yup, chiming in here with Opera Mini on my Nokia E71.
    GREAT mobile browser.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Oscar Araujo

Forget World of Warcraft, which died a slow death after such a promising start, Castlevania: Lord of Shadows is a true epic adventure score from start to finish! My favorite video game score of the year right here!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    lp wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

I don't mind it, though I think that HGW's scores for Tony Scott movies works really well.

deja vu is quite nice and enjoyable , specialy the calmer dramatic parts. But from this point onward it goes down the toilet a bit
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Oscar Araujo

Forget World of Warcraft, which died a slow death after such a promising start, Castlevania: Lord of Shadows is a true epic adventure score from start to finish! My favorite video game score of the year right here!

-Erik-

Wow is indeed problematic after the initial epic cues isn't it ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    Yup, chiming in here with Opera Mini on my Nokia E71.
    GREAT mobile browser.

Opera mobile is the best browser for mobiles. This is what i use too. James are you on symbian, android or windows mobile
  4. Opera Mini vs. Opera Mobile Browser

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/to … ?id=111905
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    james just open your browser from the phone and navigate to m.opera.com and they will find your download link and version automatically
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Opera Mini vs. Opera Mobile Browser

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/to … ?id=111905

Well, I'm on Opera now. Much slower and clunkier. But will it double-post?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Slower? Not logical, it's screamingly fast in mine.
  5. Use Opera Mini. It's really fast on my phone.
  6. I've read that since Opera tends to use proxy servers it just appears to be quick. I don't know enough to know what this means never mind if it is pertinent.