• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011
    NP: The Horse Whisperer - Thomas Newman

Beautiful score, the cue The Rhythm of the Horse is one of my favorite.
  1. Mark Mancina - Bad Boys

Great, old-school MV in a rather distinct Mancina vein. Where is he now anyway? Such a wasted talent.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. yeah

Bad Boys is just plain cool! I wouldn't want anything changed with that one.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. If it was as orchestrated as Speed 2 is, would be a masterpiece.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2011 edited
    NP: John Williams End Credit Cues ALL DAY!

Happy 79th Birthday Maestro!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote

Happy 79tyh Birthday Maestro!

-Erik-

punk

And to Maestro Williams beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Timmer wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

Happy 79tyh Birthday Maestro!

-Erik-

punk

And to Maestro Williams beer

ohhh, happy birthday Mr. Williams. May you live long and prosper V
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  5. NP: Lethal Weapon 2 (Michael Kamen)

not nearly as good as Lethal Weapon. It's sad as well that some of the best tracks are missing, like the opening action cue of the movie, and of the incredible chase on the road with Riggs dangling on the bumper of the car.
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY Mr. Williams !
    May the Force be with you for many years to come !
    beer
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP: Zulu - John Barry

One of my Barry favourites ... cool
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  6. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: Lethal Weapon 2 (Michael Kamen)

not nearly as good as Lethal Weapon. It's sad as well that some of the best tracks are missing, like the opening action cue of the movie, and of the incredible chase on the road with Rings dangling on the bumper of the car.

lol
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

So how many End Credits does your playlist count? And does that include the theme reprises at the end of an album?

Oh, and and best wishes to THE MAESTRO. Hoping this lack of composing isn't due to health issues.
  8. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    NP: Lethal Weapon 2 (Michael Kamen)

not nearly as good as Lethal Weapon. It's sad as well that some of the best tracks are missing, like the opening action cue of the movie, and of the incredible chase on the road with Rings dangling on the bumper of the car.

lol

I'm funny, and I don't even know it rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

So how many End Credits does your playlist count? And does that include the theme reprises at the end of an album?

Oh, and and best wishes to THE MAESTRO. Hoping this lack of composing isn't due to health issues.

About 81 tracks.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Eric wrote
    NP: Zulu - John Barry

One of my Barry favourites ... cool

punk beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2011 edited
    Species - Chris Young
    2 or 3 great action cues ('A Vibrant Slime'/'Species Feces'/'Worm Hole') and the atmospheric/suspense stuff is just as fine, especially the 'Fever' cues.

Peter Pan - JN Howard
    Totally forgotten how great this is. The Flying and Fairy Dance cues are the highlights but virtually every track has something to recommend it: colourful, vibrant and with great orchestrations. Hardly a boring note in the entire score.
  9. Cristian wrote
    NP: The Horse Whisperer - Thomas Newman

Beautiful score, the cue The Rhythm of the Horse is one of my favorite.

Yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2011
    NP: Cinderella Man - Thomas Newman

Another winner by Thomas Newman, I like the piano in this score. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Cristian wrote
    NP: Cinderella Man - Thomas Newman

Another winner by Thomas Newman, I like the piano in this score. cool

Absolutely wonderful; in the movie it works wonders too. One of the last Newman classic-sounding gems.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Although Newman's slowed down quite a bit in recent years, I'm holding out hope that he'll produce something special amongst his forthcoming projects. The Debt and The Adjustment Bureau are imminent and I'm looking forward to both, providing they get released.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BEAR MCCREARY - trauma

Very enjoyable, very unlike Eureka.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  10. Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

About 81 tracks.

-Erik-

It would've been really bizarre if there had been 79 tracks, Erik.
  11. FAMILY PLOT - JOHN WILLIAMS

Not bad at all, the theme and its many variations have a certain charm and the overall score is very slow and low-key, though that doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable in a certain way.

Oh and for that last track:

Stonecutter = Shit vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    WP: Starship Troopers - Basil Poledouris

Amazing score in here, half an hour of awesomeness. cool I think this one could really do with expanded treatment.
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    • CommentTimeFeb 9th 2011 edited
    The Ghost Writer - Alexandre Desplat

The best part is The Truth About Ruth, other than that, not that much to write home about from this highly acclaimed score.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DemonStar wrote
    WP: Starship Troopers - Basil Poledouris

Amazing score in here, half an hour of awesomeness. cool I think this one could really do with expanded treatment.

Yeah, there are some fabulous cues missing from the official release, one of Basil's very best scores and amongst the most played in my collection.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : SNEAKERS - James Horner

This is a superb score, why it's rarely mentioned or even featured here at NP I don't know? confused

It's a definite forerunner of what was to come in scores like Apollo 13 and A Beautiful Mind, the track playing right now, Cosmo....Old Friend is heavilly influenced by Arvo Part ( way before JNH did it with Snow Falling On Ceders ) and Ralph Vaughan Williams and effortlessly merges the two. Interestingly the next track, The Hand Off has hints of John Williams 'Conspirators' theme from JFK though both scores are from the same year (1992).
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    KevinSmith wrote
    The Ghost Writer - Alexandre Desplat

The best part is The Truth About Ruth, other than that, not that much to write home about from this highly acclaimed score.

I highly recommend watching the film. You'll see and hear how Desplat carried the film with this magnificent score!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    Erik Woods wrote
    Curious... what does the atmosphere in the 17th century sound like? wink

-Erik-

You'll just have to go back in time and find out smile
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I added Cyrano de Bergerac to the reviews. However, on my site there are two audio clips for you to listen to.
    Thomas smile
    listen to more classical music!