• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2011
    I know... I know... Conan The TV series by Charles Fox!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    you very funny man Mr Erik biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    PawelStroinski wrote
    80-90 minutes, I think?

So 45-50 minutes of good material out of a 90 minute score?
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  1. NP: Hermione's Parents - Deathly Hallows (Desplat)

The part with flute solo (played by Desplat) is lovely. Same with the choral part at 2:30. The ostinato in the last two minutes reminds me of JNH's Lady In The Water. For one moment, I thought that Desplat was going to use the Blue World theme
  2. KevinSmith wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    80-90 minutes, I think?

So 45-50 minutes of good material out of a 90 minute score?

Yeah, a lot of that ambient suspense that is presented on the album there.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : STARSHIP TROOPERS - Basil Poledouris

Playing it LOUD AS FOOK! awesome! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Just two words: 'Klendathu Drop'.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    NP : BY CROM! IF YOU CAN'T TELL WHAT I'M PLAYING I'LL CRUSH YOU UNDER FOOT AND HEAR YOUR SORRY-ASS LAMENTING!

Some Delerue?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : BY CROM! IF YOU CAN'T TELL WHAT I'M PLAYING I'LL CRUSH YOU UNDER FOOT AND HEAR YOUR SORRY-ASS LAMENTING!

Some Delerue?

yeah
    The Red Violin - John Corigliano

I remember liking this alot more a while ago than I do now.
  3. NP: Rodney's/Plan Rooco - Clockers (Terence Blanchard)

I like some of the uses of the themes of the score in this cue. The Rodney theme played in the woodwinds, and the Rocco theme in the piano and clarinet with some percussion.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2011
    yonythemoony wrote
    NP: Rodney's/Plan Rooco - Clockers (Terence Blanchard)

I like some of the uses of the themes of the score in this cue. The Rodney theme played in the woodwinds, and the Rocco theme in the piano and clarinet with some percussion.

Are you only playing particuler tracks from albums? just asking. smile
  4. Timmer wrote
    yonythemoony wrote
    NP: Rodney's/Plan Rooco - Clockers (Terence Blanchard)

Are you only playing particuler tracks from albums? just asking. smile

Yes. Though I haven't listened this score for a while. When I listen a new score, I listen it all of it.
  5. KevinSmith wrote

Well then you must simply rediscover your former self. Some people have the much harder job of trying to like it when they never have. For me it's about as good as film scoring gets.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Allonsanfan - Ennio Morricone

I've listened to this a lot of the last couple of weeks. It's become one of my top ten Morricones.
  6. PawelStroinski wrote
    There are two major unreleased sequences: The fire when his friend gets burned in the face and taken to the hospital (William Baldwin's that is) and the fire truck accident near the final setpiece.

you forgot the music from the first burning warehouse (with the collapsing floor sequence) and the nice heroic sequence when Steven goes to save the kid alone
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  7. Yeah, I don't remember the film that well, really. As I said there is 10 to 15 minutes of really valuable material unreleased (and the cue with the fire and rush to hospital I mentioned belongs to Zimmer's best dramatic material to this date).
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : Kamen Rider THE NEXT (2007) - Yasukawa Gorou

Totally electronic score which fits the movie perfectly .
    The action / battle tracks are my favourite !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    franz_conrad wrote
    KevinSmith wrote

Well then you must simply rediscover your former self. Some people have the much harder job of trying to like it when they never have. For me it's about as good as film scoring gets.

A very good score indeed!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    NP : A History of Scotland - Paul Leonard-Morgan

Wonderful score to the BBC series .
    Close your eyes and let the music transport you through Scottish history !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Southall wrote

I've listened to this a lot of the last couple of weeks. It's become one of my top ten Morricones.

Yep, it's a good one. The tarantella has got to be one of the most unique and cool tracks in film score history. Lovely love theme as well, and the "Dirindindin" is quite entertaining despite being rather silly.

I'd rate the score a ****

Peter smile
  8. Eric wrote
    NP : A History of Scotland - Paul Leonard-Morgan

Wonderful score to the BBC series .
    Close your eyes and let the music transport you through Scottish history !

It is a good score. If you check out his website there are some tracks from his other scores available for download - maybe even more from A History of Scotland. You have to submit an email address for access to the downloads. That's not too bad as I get an email from them only occasionally.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Gigli

Just saw the movie and I didn't find it all that bad; not any worse than any other rom com out there anyway. I love Powell's score though. It's entertaining throughout, though it's rather light and fluffy. But perhaps there are a few weak tracks in the first half of the album. The climax with the gospel stuff is just pure Powell magic. No one else can do moments like this.

My rating: ****

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    plindboe wrote
    Southall wrote

Yep, it's a good one. The tarantella has got to be one of the most unique and cool tracks in film score history. Lovely love theme as well, and the "Dirindindin" is quite entertaining despite being rather silly.

Have you seen the film? I'm trying to imagine how that music could possibly fit in it (given what it's about) and can't.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Wrongfully Accused - Bill Conti

Rather entertaining, but ruined by a dreadfully-produced album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Southall wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Southall wrote

Have you seen the film? I'm trying to imagine how that music could possibly fit in it (given what it's about) and can't.

Haven't seen it either. Would be great to hear the tarantella track in the scene it was composed for. At least we got to experience it in Inglorious basterds.

Peter smile
  9. Tron Legacy - Daft Punk

This sounds so much like an Atari video game, it's funny.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMar 28th 2011
    If you see the movie, it's damn fun!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    plindboe wrote
    Gigli

Just saw the movie and I didn't find it all that bad; not any worse than any other rom com out there anyway. I love Powell's score though. It's entertaining throughout, though it's rather light and fluffy. But perhaps there are a few weak tracks in the first half of the album. The climax with the gospel stuff is just pure Powell magic. No one else can do moments like this.

My rating: ****

Peter smile

I can't wait for your review of Glitter wink
    Big Fish - Danny Elfman

A more sedated and intimate version of Sommersby.