• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2011
    Aye! I won't argue with Sam.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Cristian wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    LOST: Season 1 - Michael Giacchino

Just fell in love with the show, and the score's not half bad either...

Please stop at the season 2 after they discover what's in the hatch. After that the show is going down!

Indeed. Bag of shite from season 3 onwards.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I gave up half way through season 3.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    But don't give up on the music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    No, the music IS good.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...just imagine how many albums we wouldn't buy/never listen to if it was based on bad films wink
  1. Cristian wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

Please stop at the season 2 after they discover what's in the hatch. After that the show is going down!

Too late. I'm halfway through the third season, and it's still pretty damn good.
  2. John Chambers wrote

Am i weird for loving it all entirely to the last episode? Best tv series i've seen and i hadn't followed any other since like that.

I agree with you 100%. I loved every episode from the opening frame of the pilot right through the closing frame of the finale. I remember watching the pilot for the first time and thinking it felt like a feature in terms of production value; it was beautifully shot, scored by live musicians at a time when 95% of television had horrendous faux orchestra synth a la 24, a brilliant script and terrific performances. In the last few months I've been re-watching the entire series on Blu-ray (which look and sound astounding!), I'm currently up to episode 5 of season 4, and I've been loving it just as much as the first time through. I've also been appreciating the music even more, what Giacchino managed across the 6 seasons is staggering. For me it was never about the many mysteries of the island; The characters, photography and music are what makes it for me my favourite television ever. How's that for hyperbole!

I agree. The show has the most stunning cast of characters I've seen in a show since The Sopranos. I like the flashbacks just as much as the action on the island.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Great Miracle - Mark McKenzie

The more I listen to this, the more I like it (and I thought it was pretty stunning the first time I heard it).
  3. Southall wrote

The more I listen to this, the more I like it (and I thought it was pretty stunning the first time I heard it).

punk

my first listen was: okay, I like it but I thought it would be better. Now after multiple listens I adore it
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  4. John Chambers wrote

Am i weird for loving it all entirely to the last episode? Best tv series i've seen and i hadn't followed any other since like that.

I agree with you 100%. I loved every episode from the opening frame of the pilot right through the closing frame of the finale. I remember watching the pilot for the first time and thinking it felt like a feature in terms of production value; it was beautifully shot, scored by live musicians at a time when 95% of television had horrendous faux orchestra synth a la 24, a brilliant script and terrific performances. In the last few months I've been re-watching the entire series on Blu-ray (which look and sound astounding!), I'm currently up to episode 5 of season 4, and I've been loving it just as much as the first time through. I've also been appreciating the music even more, what Giacchino managed across the 6 seasons is staggering. For me it was never about the many mysteries of the island; The characters, photography and music are what makes it for me my favourite television ever. How's that for hyperbole!

The blu-ray presentations could very well be the only thing that could reignite my interest to watch this show. But only if those blu-ray sets were given to me for free.

Gave up on it after it became more than a little weird, which was halfway in season 2.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  5. NP: The Flyboys - Lisle Moore

An enjoyable orchestral score that's quite exciting in places. Full of the usual soaring music you would expect to cover flying.

A CD I have seen no mention of anywhere.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Questa Specie d'Amore - Ennio Morricone

One of the most beautiful film scores I've ever heard. A stunner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    I guess James has gotten me in a Morricone mood as well.

Il giocattolo (Ennio)

Beautiful love theme, and nice main theme heard best in the finale. Nothing special overall though.

My rating: ***

In fondo al cuore (Enny)

Kinda average score. Some dreadful tracks, but there are some rather charming tracks as well.

My rating: ***

Cartoni animati (The Enster)

This is a pretty good score that's listenable from start to finish, without any dissonance at all. Still, the themes don't blow me away enough for me to rate it highly, but I still enjoy the experience whenever I listen to this album.

My rating: ***½

I haven't listened enough to these three scores though, so the ratings might increase over time.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Fateless - Big E

Gloriously good. I think this is his best score post-Mission to Mars.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    plindboe wrote
    You guys have just convinced me to watch Lost. I've never seen an episode before (I've heard there's also a guy in Ethiopia who've never seen it either) and now I want to find out what all the hoopla is about.

Peter smile

Listen, pop the 1st episode of the 1st series in, turn the lights down, find a quiet room, turn the volume up. The rest will take its natural way smile
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Christodoulides wrote
    plindboe wrote
    You guys have just convinced me to watch Lost. I've never seen an episode before (I've heard there's also a guy in Ethiopia who've never seen it either) and now I want to find out what all the hoopla is about.

Peter smile

Listen, pop the 1st episode of the 1st series in, turn the lights down, find a quiet room, turn the volume up. The rest will take its natural way smile

"Watching the first season of Lost is like making love to a beautiful woman" - Swiss Toni.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote

Easily best score of 2011 so far; lyrical, gorgeously melodic, passionate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

"Watching the first season of Lost is like making love to a beautiful woman" - Swiss Toni.

Absolutely agree. I'd extend it up to the last minute of the last episode too. Great series no matter the problems (who doesn't have those?) but indeed, the first series is orgasmic. Best modern tv ever done, imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    Cristian wrote
    Kevin Scarlet wrote

Too late. I'm halfway through the third season, and it's still pretty damn good.

Word. It's mindblowing up to the last episode of the entire series, for me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011
    Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

lol
    • CommentAuthorKevinSmith
    Hachi - Jan A.P. Kaczmarek

A more intimate Finding Neverland with emphasis again on the solo piano and strings. Beautiful score though even if a bit repetitive.
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
  6. Southall wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    plindboe wrote

Peter smile

Don't tell me that. I quit at episode 6 out of frustration.
    It would have been a stretch to keep watching even if making love to a beautiful woman had been the reward. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  7. HOOK (COMPLETE SCORE) - JOHN WILLIAMS

Question: Why isn't film music like this anymore?

Answer: because the new generation of film makers don't want musical perfection anymore.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMar 24th 2011 edited
    DreamTheater wrote
    HOOK (COMPLETE SCORE) - JOHN WILLIAMS

Question: Why isn't film music like this anymore?

Answer: because the new generation of film makers don't want musical perfection anymore.

Superb score! But the complete bootleg thingie wanted me to tear my hair out. I think I didn't even bother to give it away, but threw it directly in the trash bin several years ago.

I belong to the very, very few who even think the existing Epic CD is a tad on the longish side.
    I am extremely serious.
  8. Hell no, I can listen to the whole 2+ hour score no problem, mediocre sound and all. And I don't think the bootleg quality is hideously awful, at least not compared to the ones I listened of The 'Burbs and Innerspace.

BTW This is my own customized version of the original album + bootleg.

But I'd give top dollar for a complete release in an instant. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  9. It's funny but of the Hook bootleg version I find that the main titles is all the summary of that score I need.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    yeah
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I really enjoy most of the Hook score, I do find it difficult to listen all the way through though, an expanded edition wouldn't entice me.