• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011
    Hoosiers - Jerry G

It's quite a leap you have to take to get over the cheesy synths, but I've made the leap and love this unreservedly these days.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE LAST OF THE DOGMEN - David Arnold

A score I had bought for £2 brand new and, at the time, I had thought that was £2 too much! Funny how time changes everything, playing it years later I was certainly glad I didn't sale it on to anybody and it's a score I enjoy today, some nice Barryesque touches too.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011 edited
    Southall wrote
    Hoosiers - Jerry G

It's quite a leap you have to take to get over the cheesy synths, but I've made the leap and love this unreservedly these days.

I'm afraid the cheesy synths are a leap too far for me.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2011 edited
    Don't like the sounds of the basketball bouncing drum kit? tongue

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh? So that's what it is eh?!

bounce
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : HIGHLANDER - Michael Kamen

Just the short suite that was released with a similar amount of the sequel scores, I'd love for this to get the deluxe treatment complete with the QUEEN songs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    yeah

beer

Oh yeah, and particular a rock-out but short version of New York New York which I don't believe was released on any QUEEN album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote

Just the short suite that was released with a similar amount of the sequel scores, I'd love for this to get the deluxe treatment complete with the QUEEN songs.

I'm content with the selection on that CD, but the sound could do with a good makeover.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

I'm content with the selection on that CD, but the sound could do with a good makeover.

No shit.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Good for you, I, am NOT content with it, at all!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Good for you, I, am NOT content with it, at all!

Wouldn't be too bad with a couple of extra cues, I guess. It deserves a release of its own in any case.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Midnight Cowboy - John Barry

Fantabulous. Every track is fantabulous. Skipping the non-Barry today so there's only about 15 minutes here - but it's just perfect. Fantabulous, in fact.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    A Summer Story - Georges Delerue

Swoon, swoon.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011
    Vampires Suck - Christopher Lennertz.

His mickey-mousing action/comedy scores are a bit of a chore, not to mention generic. This plays it straight (for what is apparently unwatchable drivel aimed at 6 year olds) and is possibly my favourite score of his so far. The love theme is very nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Daylight (Randy Edelman)

Great main theme and Latura's theme is just fantabulous. The rest of the score consists of underscore with variations of these themes, but it's entertaining throughout.

My rating: ****

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    plindboe wrote
    Daylight (Randy Edelman)

Great main theme and Latura's theme is just fantabulous. The rest of the score consists of underscore with variations of these themes, but it's entertaining throughout.

My rating: ****

Peter smile

Though I don't think I would give it a 4 star rating, it's a really good score for the movie. Latura's theme is excellent.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Think I'll watch the movie. Stangely I've never seen it, despite starring the legendary and sublime actor Sylvester Stallone.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Lion of Judah - Greg Sims

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Ok... we have an S. This can go one of two ways...

... ..- -.-. -.- ...

or

... ..- .--. . .-.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Actually, I would say it is

... --- ... ---
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    plindboe wrote
    Think I'll watch the movie. Stangely I've never seen it, despite starring the legendary and sublime actor Sylvester Stallone.

Peter smile

This came out in 1996, at the peak of Edelman's professional and creative streak, IMO, shortly after Dragonheart, (same producing/directing team too). I remember watching the movie on (VHS!) and thinking, "damn great title music! must buy CD!"
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2011 edited
    David OC wrote
    Vampires Suck - Christopher Lennertz.

His mickey-mousing action/comedy scores are a bit of a chore, not to mention generic. This plays it straight (for what is apparently unwatchable drivel aimed at 6 year olds) and is possibly my favourite score of his so far. The love theme is very nice.

Can't really listen to this kind of music anymore.

Timmer wrote

George Kallis' Highlander score is also exceptional, very different but very good.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: SUNSET BOULEVARD (Franz Waxman)

At times, it's very intense, but other times darkly beautiful. Classic film noir score. The album is maybe a BIT on the long side (this is the Varese rerecording).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Gremlins 2 - Jerry Goldsmith

His finest comedy score, I think. Very witty. Great fun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I put the 'burbs on the top of Goldsmith's comedy output but Gremlins 2 is a wild and wacky time to be had!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Erik Woods wrote
    I put the 'burbs on the top of Goldsmith's comedy output

Agreed. The 'burbs is my alltime fave comedy score.

Peter punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2011
    http://sdtom.wordpress.com/2011/06/08/p … e-gilbert/

The second of the three MMM releases.
    Tom smile
    listen to more classical music!