• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2011
    Thor wrote
    Excellent playlist, Erik!

I just finished by first listen and you know what... it really is an excellent playlist!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    John Chambers wrote
    Solaris Martinez

Hypnotic and intoxicating, I picked this up when La La Land re-released it and it's got a lot of listens since. I'm not sure why I love it so much but it gets me every time.

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm spinning this now... for the very first time. shocked

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Cool, hope you enjoy it!
  2. Breaking and Entering Yared & Underworld

I respond to this in much the same way as I do to 'Solaris', it has a very meditative feel that just sucks me in.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    It's kind of what I need now. I'm doing some heavy Photoshop work and I need something relaxing to get me through it. Solaris is working perfectly!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    John Chambers wrote
    Breaking and Entering Yared & Underworld

I respond to this in much the same way as I do to 'Solaris', it has a very meditative feel that just sucks me in.

Seconded!

You seem to be listening to stuff that I am myself very much into these days -- and wanting to find more in the same genre.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    HEITOR PEREIRA - Smurfs

Oh God, make it stop.

The Smurfs or the score?

The score, it's hideous.

Perhaps you'll change your mind if you watch the ....ermmm......film, uhm, to see how it....you know....fits biggrin wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Thor wrote
    John Chambers wrote
    Breaking and Entering Yared & Underworld

Seconded!

You seem to be listening to stuff that I am myself very much into these days -- and wanting to find more in the same genre.

This and Solaris are amongst the most meditative scores I've heard.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE SCORE - Howard Shore

Jazzy score, Me like a lot!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PLANET EARTH - George Fenton

Superb!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Ipcress File - John Barry

Brilliant.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    The Ipcress File - John Barry

Brilliant.

Yes it is! A superb marriage of film and score too, Barry at the height of his powers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Dove - John Barry

Very good.
  3. Too much good music.

RP: The Devil's Double - Christian Henson

Not a good listening experience.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    John Chambers wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

- "Main Title" from SOURCE CODE by Chris Bacon
    We rarely hear main title cues like this any more.

-Erik-

I agree, a great track and I had goose bumps when it played in the cinema.

Last time i felt like this at the cinema was with the opening title of DEVIL by Fernando Velasquez which i can only describe as: 'stunning'
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote
    It's kind of what I need now. I'm doing some heavy Photoshop work and I need something relaxing to get me through it. Solaris is working perfectly!

-Erik-

Have you seen the film? It's absolutely breathtaking combined with the beautiful visuals.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Mildred Pierce - Carterb

I quite like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Clockwise - Maciej Dobrowolski

Got this last week and I'm only spinning it now. Achingly beautiful and deeply emotional. A very mature and focused work for such a young composer! I doubt I will ever see the film so as a stand alone listening experience it's really impressive. Lovely orchestrations featuring solo voices, strings and ethnic instrumentation. The more up tempo cues aren't nearly as breathtaking as the more restrained, chamber like pieces but cues like "The Storm" gives the album a bit of a jolt.

The score has yet to be released. IMO, this is something that would fit perfectly in Mikael's MovieScore Media catalogue! Once I get out of this busy spell I'm under I'm hoping to feature the score on my radio show. But until then head over to http://mdobrowolski.com/index.php/showcase/ to hear samples from the score and help get the word out about this impressive work from a composer who I hope to hear more from.

-Erik-
  4. Southall wrote
    Mildred Pierce - Carterb

I quite like it.

Really? I found this one very boring. I shall have to cut out all the source tracks and play again to get a better sense of the score.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  5. Erik Woods wrote
    NP: Clockwise - Maciej Dobrowolski

Got this last week and I'm only spinning it now. Achingly beautiful and deeply emotional. A very mature and focused work for such a young composer! I doubt I will ever see the film so as a stand alone listening experience it's really impressive. Lovely orchestrations featuring solo voices, strings and ethnic instrumentation. The more up tempo cues aren't nearly as breathtaking as the more restrained, chamber like pieces but cues like "The Storm" gives the album a bit of a jolt.

The score has yet to be released. IMO, this is something that would fit perfectly in Mikael's MovieScore Media catalogue! Once I get out of this busy spell I'm under I'm hoping to feature the score on my radio show. But until then head over to http://mdobrowolski.com/index.php/showcase/ to hear samples from the score and help get the word out about this impressive work from a composer who I hope to hear more from.

-Erik-

And also read the review?

http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/clockwise/
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: ODDS'N'ENDS (Danny Elfman)

My own collection of rare Elfman pieces, culled from all over the place.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2011
    franz_conrad wrote
    Southall wrote
    Mildred Pierce - Carterb

I quite like it.

Really? I found this one very boring. I shall have to cut out all the source tracks and play again to get a better sense of the score.

That's what I did. It's repetitive and I'm not sure it's sequenced very well (even with the source tracks out). Oh, and watching the show, I longed to hear what Elmer Bernstein would have made of it. But I still quite like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Back to the Future - Alan Silv

Periodically I listen to this to see if it has grown on me. This time I found myself enjoying it more than usual. I don't know why but I am going through a period of not finding many bad words to say about things. This is not usual for me but I quite like it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Southall wrote
    Alan Silv

it.

Are you in a lazy mode? come one...just a few more letters!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2011 edited
    Southall wrote
    Back to the Future - Alan Silv

Periodically I listen to this to see if it has grown on me. This time I found myself enjoying it more than usual. I don't know why but I am going through a period of not finding many bad words to say about things. This is not usual for me but I quite like it.

Great Scott!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Too much good music.

Considering the subject matter I'm not surprised. Is there no redemption in the score?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Exactly; urged Maciek and Pawel to contact him some months ago, don't know where this went though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Too much good music.

Considering the subject matter I'm not surprised. Is there no redemption in the score?

Is it any similar to BLACK DEATH? 'Cause i love what he did with that dark score there.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    And also read the review?
    http://www.maintitles.net/reviews/clockwise/

Or the interview?
    http://www.maintitles.net/features/inte … browolski/
    Kazoo