• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    we also got another trip to the caves and Adam & Eve.

Will we ever know who the hell are those?
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010
    I imagine we will find out. I think the whole conversation with Hurley "What if we time travelled...and these bodies..are us?" things was just to tease us and serve as a not-so-in-your-face reminder for peoeple who'd forgotten about it.

Remember Room 23? "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" Anagram for Bones of Nadlers lie deep in cave.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010 edited
    s06e05

I find it a really slow episode. I expecte more from an episode written by Damon and Carlon, and directed by Bender.

I was good. not bad for sure...not great either.

[spoiler]the Good:
    -Jack's alternative ( or not?) reality was had
    -The lighouse scene (jacob's theme included) , I want to see more things like this in this show!!!!
    -Giacchino's music when jack's son plays the piano. a touching scene.

By the way, watch the "mirror reflection" when jack arrives to his father's house dizzy I love this guys!

The Bad:
    - Claire subplot. Emile deRavin is so beaituful as awful actress. Jin character was specially stupid.
    -they returned to the "create suspense". We don't need more suspense...we need people talking widely.
    [/spoiler]
  1. For a season that said it would be giving us all the answers, it hasn't delivered a thing yet.

I liked the subplot about Jack's son, but I feel like the alternate reality is really taking away from what's happening on the island. All we're doing in the alternate reality is introducing new possibilities for each character. I dont' feel like anything is really happening in either reality.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010 edited
    Does anyone else think the music is almost becoming a cliche of itself? It sounds like Lost music because it's meant to be Lost music. I think what made it original died somewhere in season 5. Jacob's theme is still fantastic, but what captivated me about the first four seasons music seems to be lost. sad

Nautilus wrote
    By the way, watch the "mirror reflection" when jack arrives to his father's house dizzy I love this guys![/spoiler]

biggrin

That the reflection from the car windscreen in the sun.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010
    Anthony wrote
    Does anyone else think the music is almost becoming a cliche of itself? It sounds like Lost music because it's meant to be Lost music. I think what made it original died somewhere in season 5. Jacob's theme is still fantastic, but what captivated me about the first four seasons music seems to be lost. sad

I think lost music became cliche since season 4. I know all of you love the four season score, but I only find 2 good new themes in it and the rest is average "lost sound". What made season 1,2 and 3 so good is the combination of a very subtile synth, and ethnic elements into Giacchino's own sound. Season 4, 5 and 6 is just orchestral bombast.

About the "lighthouse" music...Is this a new jack theme? or it's a variation of his theme?

PS: about the "reflection" thing, I prefer my "mystic" explication, even if it's only my imagination tongue
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010
    Lighthouse = New Jack theme

Season 4 = perfect blend of old material being used in new interesting new ways and three bloody amazing new themes - the freighter. Locke's mystery theme and the best of them all in Lost, the O6 theme. More please. lick
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010 edited
    I spoiled myself (by accident, and then I just gave in and read more) with episode titles. shame

Looking forward to "[spoiler]Dr. Linus[/spoiler]", "[spoiler]Everybody Loves Hugo[/spoiler]" and "[spoiler]Happily Ever After[/spoiler]".

Damn it, I hate spoilers, no matter how small.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010 edited
    s06e06 sundown

Oh God! it was fast!!!! A great action packed episode ( 24 filmakers can learn to how directed and edit the acton stuff from here !!! )

The last 5 minutes are apocalyptic as hell (hehe), it could have been a season finale episode for sure!!! punk punk

it's ironic, the climax of this episode was far, far better than the climax in "the Incident", wich was particulary bad.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010
    shocked
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2010 edited
    ..so it wasn't a Sun episode. I wonder if the name was part of the ploy as it finally broke the season 1 centric rule.

I enjoyed it apart from the ending which got too schizophrenic and difficult to keep up with.

The best bit was seeing Keamy and Omar again.

And the fight between Sayid and Dogen was expertly choreographed.

But now we have more teams than ever.

- Kate, Sayid (and we assume Sawyer wherever he is) are with Smocke
    - Miles, Frank, Sun, Ilana and Ben are together
    - Hurley and Jack are together
    - No idea of the status of Jin or Richard
    - No idea of the Others at the statue
    - No idea on the Ajira folks on Hydra island

Right?
  2. Are the Ajira folks on Hydra island the rest of the passengers from Frank's flight that crashed? They've just kind of disappeared.

So this episode did a lot to advance the story line (finally), but the week before they were promising "answers." Was anything important explained in this episode that we didn't already know?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    And the fight between Sayid and Dogen was expertly choreographed.

Indeed. A great fight.

Anthony wrote
    But now we have more teams than ever.

- Kate, Sayid (and we assume Sawyer wherever he is) are with Smocke
    - Miles, Frank, Sun, Ilana and Ben are together
    - Hurley and Jack are together
    - No idea of the status of Jin or Richard
    - No idea of the Others at the statue
    - No idea on the Ajira folks on Hydra island

Right?

Add Claire (or whatever she is now) to the first group. I don´t understand why Kate has joined Smocke´s group though.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Yeah that was confusing. I couldn't work out whether she just went with them because she was oblivious to what was going on and she still viewed them as friends, or if she'd been "poisoned" as well. Had some weird glances from her and the slow motion and no audio didn't help.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I may be wrong, but I think this is the first time they've used slow motion in a sequence in Lost (at least a long shot).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010
    They did it a bunch of times in season 1 between switching from the island storyline to a flashback. And they've done a couple of montages in slow motion (Hurley handing out the food, Sawyer..again handing out food, and the end of There's No Place Like Home part 1).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ok, I was wrong tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    They did it a bunch of times in season 1 between switching from the island storyline to a flashback. And they've done a couple of montages in slow motion (Hurley handing out the food, Sawyer..again handing out food, and the end of There's No Place Like Home part 1).

And In season 3 a lot too.

But, marselus chats with people while he is watching the episodes, so it's not surprising tongue

Anyway, the lullalby song with all the temple destroyed, fire and Sayid in slow motion is fucking DARK!

ABOUT KATE...she didn't joined anything! she escape from the temple with Claire. She doesn't know anything about teams! Do I have to explain everything to you, dudes???!!! tongue

By the way, Carlon said in a interview Kate's name was in the lighthouse and in the cave but it left in the final cut. and the name was erased (i didn't know the word, but you know what I mean)
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Glad we are done with the temple. It was a nice set, but it didn't feel like the story was progressing with the characters in one place for six episodes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Anthony wrote
    Glad we are done with the temple. It was a nice set, but it didn't feel like the story was progressing with the characters in one place for six episodes.

Yeap. Agree. but the worst thing is , finally, Dogen character was not important at all. I thought they could be the people of the black rock. So move on....
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Happy he's dead. And Lenon. Didn't hate them, just didn't care. More Smocke please. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010 edited
    lost s06e07

mmm... I don't know man. I don't know. I guess it was good, but I was not very interested it whas was happening. I have to read the forum, know the therories and then appreciate what they are telling to us.

The problem is we don't know where the writters want to drive us. There is not any real sense of danger, or drama...we are more lost than ever. We need something to stay "online".

oceanic's six reprise theme at the end, seems a little bit forced.

[spoiler]the final scene, with the submarine , was one of the most ridicolous scenes I have seen in lost since the black smoke came up from the "bathroom"[/spoiler]
  3. I thought that was by far the most excellent episode of the season. Wonderful character development on Ben, and interesting development for Jack and Richard. The guy who plays Ben really nailed the emotional parts of this episode. I thought that scene with Illana (Allana?) in the woods was really gripping. I also LOVED what happened in the alternate reality this episode. It was so perfect, from Ben's description of Napoleon's downfall to his coup of the school administration. It was such a great episode, I thought. Did a lot happen to progress the story? Not so much, no. But the character development in this episode was up there with the best of Lost, IMO. I liked the theme at the end, as well as the [spoiler]the reappearance of Widmore [/spoiler] as I had been wondering what happened to him.

Here's a question. When Widmore told Locke that if he didn't get back to the island that the wrong side would win (back in season 5, was it?), which side do you think Widmore thinks is right? I wonder if he thought Locke needed to go back so that the man in black would win, or if it was his intention to keep Locke alive (which he did try to do) so that the man in black would not have a body to use so that Jacob would win. I think Widmore is on "team Jacob" (to borrow a phrase).
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010
    christopher wrote

Here's a question. When Widmore told Locke that if he didn't get back to the island that the wrong side would win (back in season 5, was it?), which side do you think Widmore thinks is right? I wonder if he thought Locke needed to go back so that the man in black would win, or if it was his intention to keep Locke alive (which he did try to do) so that the man in black would not have a body to use so that Jacob would win. I think Widmore is on "team Jacob" (to borrow a phrase).

I don't know , dude. I don't know what "team" Eloise Hawking and Chales Widomore are.

There is a theory around that jacob is really dead, and the real teams are "choose what you want" or "follow the "leader". So in that theory Jacob will be the black smoke (john locke) teasting every character.
    Another great theory is Demond made an apparition in the plane because he is the new jacob ( he even touched jack, shaking his hand).
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I really didn't like that episode. The alt stuff was boring and could have been much less complex. I can't stand Ilana and wish she would drop dead.

The stuff with Jack, Hurley and Richard should have been pushed into another episode that features them more rather than just being a small side plot.

As Jordi said, the Oceanic Six theme felt forced. The bit on the piano was fine but the sudden introduction of the strings was pretty bad.

And the final scene....my God, that's got to be one of the worst cliffhangers ever on the show.

(Btw, the credits at the beginning listed William Mapother (Ethan) as a guest star, but he wasn't in it as far as I can tell?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010
    I liked the episode. Felt more like a Season One/Two/Three episode to me.

[spoiler]The moment where his father said they should've stayed at Dharma was cool, and it's a pity it's probably just a invention of the guy (it would be awesome if it was not!)

Anyhow, the scene with the submarine was hilarious. It's was like it was recorded in my bath.
    [/spoiler]
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote
    I can't stand Ilana and wish she would drop dead.

biggrin

Bregt wrote
    I liked the episode. Felt more like a Season One/Two/Three episode to me

I´m with Bregt here. One of the best episodes of the season. I liked the stuff of the alternate reality, without any doubt the most interesting material we´ve seen. Let´s be honest, so far the episodes focused on Claire, Kate or Jack were boring.

Anthony wrote
    The stuff with Jack, Hurley and Richard should have been pushed into another episode that features them more rather than just being a small side plot.

I agree. Although Jordi told me episode seven (or eight) is focused on Richard. Maybe episode six has been like a teaser of what we´ll get?

Bregt wrote
    Anyhow, the scene with the [spoiler]submarine[/spoiler]was hilarious. It's was like it was recorded in my bath.

Yes, terrible sequence, only comparable to the opening sequence of the season. I asked then if they are running out of budget. I insist.
  4. Anthony wrote
    (Btw, the credits at the beginning listed William Mapother (Ethan) as a guest star, but he wasn't in it as far as I can tell?)

Actually, that was William ATHERTON, who played the headteacher. He was the evil douche in Die Hard and Ghostbusters.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Anthony wrote

Actually, that was William ATHERTON, who played the headteacher. He was the evil douche in Die Hard and Ghostbusters.

Ah ok. I guess I was trying to avoid looking at the credits. I couldn't avoid seeing Alan Dale though. rolleyes

Marselus wrote
    Jordi told me episode seven (or eight) is focused on Richard. Maybe episode six has been like a teaser of what we´ll get?

Well I hope there's one soon. I did like the exchange between Richard and Jack when they met in the jungle.

"Where did you come from?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"Try me."

"...not yet."

I love it when the writers know what we want and take a dig at us like that. Sometimes it's not even a dig but just clever wording. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2010 edited
    Anthony wrote
    Well I hope there's one soon. I did like the exchange between Richard and Jack when they met in the jungle.

biggrin

next episode will be focused in Sawyer, then the next one will be about Richard (almost all the episode will be dated in a far past). "Abd aeterno"

The last 4 episodes, we know the titles, but not the characters. I guess they will be focused in jacob, Black Smoke, Widmore...

ABout this episode, it was the only Lost episode of this season I didn't rewatch. In my opinion Jack and Locke's episode was the best of this season. Both characters had a great redemption.