• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2011
    She sounds wonderful. love
  1. She used to be a he.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Goddamnit.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Rio John Powell

The rest of the score I can take or leave, but 'Morning Routine' is one of the most infectiously happy tracks from Powell - and that's saying something.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Give me that track and the first part of "Flying".
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ooh, yes. "Flying" is rather good.
  2. Hans Zimmer - The House of the Spirits

Great early score by Hans. Just got it from a Polish member of my forum. Wonderful themes, great orchestrations for Hans's standards (though the score was co-arranged by Nick Glennie-Smith, this score still has no orchestration mistakes which were his courtesy at the time, even if he worked with Shirley Walker around that time).
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hans Zimmer - The House of the Spirits

Great early score by Hans. Just got it from a Polish member of my forum. Wonderful themes, great orchestrations for Hans's standards (though the score was co-arranged by Nick Glennie-Smith, this score still has no orchestration mistakes which were his courtesy at the time, even if he worked with Shirley Walker around that time).

Absolutely adore it, sadly it's overlooked.
  3. Partly because Virgin got broke and the score is not available anymore! I got it second-hand in mint condition.
  4. And I've been acquainted with the score for a very long time, only now I bought it.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I like The House of The Spirits score, I must dig it out and play it again.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE LAST VALLEY - John Barry

fabulous orchestral/choral score, Barry's choral writing has always been strong and intelligently written, he has very few equals.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorNeilbucket
    NP: The Cinematic Sound - Best of 2010 (pt. 1)

I'm late in listening to it, but I have added Conrad Pope's In My Sleep to my SAE shopping cart as a result.

smile
    Insert witty line here
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hans Zimmer - The House of the Spirits

Absolutely adore it, sadly it's overlooked.

Totally agree with you guys. Lovely work, probably my favourite (and his best, as a composition) from his early days.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Tintin - John Williams

It's Harry Potter meets Star Wars prequels meets Crystal Skull. Some very impressive parts and some that seem to meander around without going very far. Will take several listens to digest, I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Neilbucket wrote
    NP: The Cinematic Sound - Best of 2010 (pt. 1)

I'm late in listening to it, but I have added Conrad Pope's In My Sleep to my SAE shopping cart as a result.

smile

Awesome!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011
    Southall wrote
    Tintin - John Williams

It's Harry Potter meets Star Wars prequels meets Crystal Skull. Some very impressive parts and some that seem to meander around without going very far. Will take several listens to digest, I think.

How the hell did you get hold of that? I thought only samples were out.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    All this Tintin talk is making me feel like a kid standing outside a locked up candy store!

Salivating! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I'm expecting another Crystal Skull. I'm hoping for another ET. I'm also hoping I'll win the lottery... and I don't even play the lottery.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote
    Tintin - John Williams

I have friends in high places!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote
    Tintin - John Williams

You can't be serious?

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  5. Steven wrote
    Oh. sad

Oh well, if the one deity I do believe in disappoints me again, I'm turning to Mormonism.

Great choice! biggrin
  6. NP: Batman: Arkham City - Nick Arundel & Ron Fish

First listen. Really enjoying this one. A definite hint of Zimmer's Batman scores in the main title of this and the choir does suggest Elfman's scores too, but then after that it goes off on its own. Still sounds like generic stuff, but I am enjoying it nonetheless.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I'm expecting another Crystal Skull. I'm hoping for another ET. I'm also hoping I'll win the lottery... and I don't even play the lottery.

James has friends in high places, maybe they can help? Or maybe he means they just live in tall buildings or a Tibetan monastary.
  7. I'm just finishing up HOME OF DARK BUTTERFLIES by Panu Aaltio (again).

What a score! This is remarkable music, with so many highlights. This time around I was particularly struck by how wonderful the tracks "Glimpses of Happiness" and "Forgiveness" are. That theme pops up quite a bit, but Aaltio does a great job varying it each time. The variations in "Forgiveness," in particular, are fantastic. I also really like the theme in "The Farewell" and how epic it gets in "The Past Revealed." This music is so emotional, so sweeping, and so beautiful! This is my kind of score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    christopher wrote
    I'm just finishing up HOME OF DARK BUTTERFLIES by Panu Aaltio (again).

What a score! This is remarkable music, with so many highlights. This time around I was particularly struck by how wonderful the tracks "Glimpses of Happiness" and "Forgiveness" are. That theme pops up quite a bit, but Aaltio does a great job varying it each time. The variations in "Forgiveness," in particular, are fantastic. I also really like the theme in "The Farewell" and how epic it gets in "The Past Revealed." This music is so emotional, so sweeping, and so beautiful! This is my kind of score.

It's breathtaking really. Have you seen the film? If not, do so asap, you'll love the score even more. And it's a very worthwhile, touching film.
  8. The music alone is enough to recommend the film. Alas, it hasn't been released in the U.S. yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Summer Wars by Akihiko Matsumoto

It's an anime movie, which is very enjoyable, with a good score...
    The orchestral part (for the real world) is fun and uplifting, while the electric music is not something I want to play often, but fits very well in the scenes of the Facebook-like virtual world.

I don't think many people here know this score, so I leave some examples... smile

The overture is fun and overly classical in a good way
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqbCP6NXTJI

"Summer Wars" main title is uplifting and a little like Hisaishi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOZP_SBQSwo

The theme for the virtual character King Kazma sounded cool in the scene
    (but I found it not so nice on the album tongue )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_Sxx7lFKSg

The battle cue is fun too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm4GcllUoEU

And this is my very favorite track... punk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o86yD0_vaMk
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2011 edited
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote
    Southall wrote
    Tintin - John Williams

You can't be serious?

-Erik-

Yes. I thought this had a street date of October 24. Maybe James has gotten hold of an advance copy of some sort.
    I am extremely serious.