• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011 edited
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    once again I fail to give my brother a score he might like sad . Sorry you think this way, but I love this score. Nice big brassy horror music, with an incredible The Big Battle cue as ultimate crowdpleaser. I'm glad a lot of people like this score as well

He hates this yet he loves Alien3?

-Erik-

I know, I can't seem to get into his head. One time I think, this he'll like because he likes something similar, and yet he totally detests it.

It's a curse I'll have to carry with me for the rest of my life wink

Haha, nice one, but let's spin this the other way, I'll have to keep listening to what you make me check out for the rest of MY life.

either way, we BOTH lose

Now c'mon dude, you've made me discover some worthwile music, as have I for you (I hope).

So we both win some, we both lose some.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  1. fair enough smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Star Trek Generations Dennis McCarthy

One of the least talked about scores to one of the most talked about franchises. A shame really, I think this score deserves much more recognition than it might have done in the past.

I think this might actually be the first score I ever listened to outside its respective film? Nostalgia aside, this is still a very very good score. Were this released today, we'd all be singing its praises for having themes and melody!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2011
    Alan - If you are interested in sampling some of the SYMPHONIC SHADES album then check out the couple of cues I presented on my show a year or so ago. http://www.cinematicsound.net/?p=1635

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  2. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    fair enough smile

Yeah and start posting what you listen to once in a while. And don't hold back because I sure don't. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    More simple than that.

MELODY !!!!!

Plus the fact that Goldenthal in that mode always blows me away.

Even though Jeepers Creepers 2 is void of that BIG melody the masterful orchestral writing is more than enough, for me at least, to enjoy it time and time again!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    lp wrote
    NP: MW3 - Brian Tyler

filtered through the sensibilities of Brian Tyler.

meaning his every exact same score, GOT IT wink

AHAH, perhaps, but it's more heroic sounding, if there's such a thing. It feels more connected to the MW 1&2 than any of BT's other score.
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    More simple than that.

MELODY !!!!!

Even though Jeepers Creepers 2 is void of that BIG melody the masterful orchestral writing is more than enough, for me at least, to enjoy it time and time again!

-Erik-

at least I'm glad he liked Reign of Fire (another score that has no melody but awesome orchestral ruckus nonetheless)
  4. Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    More simple than that.

MELODY !!!!!

-Erik-

Well that's where you and I differ... I just can't like something without some sort of melodic foundation holding it all together.
  5. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    More simple than that.

MELODY !!!!!

-Erik-

at least I'm glad he liked Reign of Fire (another score that has no melody but awesome orchestral ruckus nonetheless)

Well yeah I like that, because it's a lot better constructed than JC 2, at least to my ears. It's a totally different sound as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    More simple than that.

MELODY !!!!!

-Erik-

Well that's where you and I differ... I just can't like something without some sort of melodic foundation holding it all together.

Yet you like Reign of Fire. Now, there's are few motifs in that score but nothing holding it all together.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Steven wrote

One of the least talked about scores to one of the most talked about franchises. A shame really, I think this score deserves much more recognition than it might have done in the past.

I think this might actually be the first score I ever listened to outside its respective film? Nostalgia aside, this is still a very very good score. Were this released today, we'd all be singing its praises for having themes and melody!

I'm just gonna quote this before it drowns in the tidal wave of quoting going on at the moment...
  6. DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    More simple than that.

MELODY !!!!!

-Erik-

Well yeah I like that, because it's a lot better constructed than JC 2, at least to my ears. It's a totally different sound as well.

What I like about both is, they have orchestral rhythm, BIG orchestral rhythm. Not the usual shrieks and stings with horror music. It's bad ass and it doesn't hold back
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    About Reign of Fire, it has rhythm, heroic outbursts, little bits everywhere that hold my interest. JC 2 does nothing except annoy the hell out of me.
  7. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    More simple than that.

MELODY !!!!!

-Erik-

What I like about both is, they have orchestral rhythm, BIG orchestral rhythm. Not the usual shrieks and stings with horror music. It's bad ass and it doesn't hold back

That's exactly what it's like to me: shrieks and stings. Glad you put the words in my mouth.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Oh my God! Jeepers Creepers 2 most definitely has rhythm and heroic outbursts! I'm starting to think that you didn't really LISTEN to it! confused

-Erik-
  8. Oh and let me just say:

Welcome to Quote City, have a pleasant stay, it's quite lively here... biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Holy jesus on a stick...
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    Steven wrote

I'm just gonna quote this before it drowns in the tidal wave of quoting going on at the moment...

Here are my thoughts

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    YUS! punk punk punk punk

Ahem.
    Yes, good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    More simple than that.

MELODY !!!!!

-Erik-

That's exactly what it's like to me: shrieks and stings. Glad you put the words in my mouth.

biggrin <-- Doing a Tom! Look at the quote structure. A thing of beauty! wink

-Erik-
  9. Erik Woods wrote
    Oh my God! Jeepers Creepers 2 most definitely has rhythm and heroic outbursts! I'm starting to think that you didn't really LISTEN to it! confused

-Erik-

I sure did, and it sounds like mickey mousing in a creepy way. I just can't describe it any other way. It most decidedly doesn't have rhythm in the way that rhythm manages to keep me interested. If it does, than my brain needs an update, pronto.
  10. DreamTheater wrote

see what I have to work with? sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    DreamTheater wrote
    If it does, than my brain needs an update, pronto.

Yes... do this please! wink

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Hey Glorieux Bros., did you guys read my latest entry in the 'weird dreams' topic? Both of you popped up in a John Williams-related dream of mine a couple of nights ago! biggrin
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: War Horse - John Williams

Soooo, I decided to forgo that MW3 listening experience and find out whether War Horse will be better than Tin Tin. So far, I'm not as bored as I was during the first listen of Tin Tin. It's thematic for sure, and I'm already diggin that broad horn theme. And lots of that Americana that you would get, when Williams' in this time period. No kickass action stuff yet. Will there be any?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Black Beauty Danny Elfman

This is my favourite score for a film about a horse.

I'm inclined to agree and to my memory no scores featuring Sarah Jessica Parker have scores that are better.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lp wrote

Soooo, I decided to forgo that MW3 listening experience and find out whether War Horse will be better than Tin Tin. So far, I'm not as bored as I was during the first listen of Tin Tin. It's thematic for sure, and I'm already diggin that broad horn theme. And lots of that Americana that you would get, when Williams' in this time period. No kickass action stuff yet. Will there be any?

There are a few solid action cues!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    lp wrote

A couple I believe? 'No Man's Land' is one of the best cues I've heard all year. I can imagine that working very well in, what sounds like, a very sentimental film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Erik Woods wrote
    lp wrote

There are a few solid action cues!

-Erik-

Finally got to those cues now. The Atonal sound reminds of WOTW a bit. I was hoping for something along the line of Minority Report, but I'm sure the movie doesn't require such active cues.