• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2011
    NP : ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE - John Barry

Best Bond score EVER! Bliss! love
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE BIG COUNTRY - Jerome Moross

Arguably the greatest western score written, whatever, I love it and this is in my top 10 all time scores.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE BLUE MAX - Jerry Goldsmith

Another of my all time favourites, nothing but the best for me today!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    John, Jerome and Jerry. Is Williams up next?
  1. THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES - JAMES HORNER

It's okay, it does have a couple of good tracks later on, but this will never become a favourite of mine.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    John, Jerome and Jerry. Is Williams up next?

The patern was purely accidental, I broke it by playing Ennio Morricone next, The Good The Bad and The Ugly which I dozed off to.... too much food and spirits dizzy wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2011 edited
    Yes. I've been visited by many Christmas spirits so far... drink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    They're still continuing right now...cheers buddy beer drink
  2. DreamTheater wrote
    THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES - JAMES HORNER

It's okay, it does have a couple of good tracks later on, but this will never become a favourite of mine.

Yeah, this is Horner on autopilot...
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2011 edited
    NP : SWORD AND SORCERY : THE ADVENTURES OF CONAN - Basil Poledouris

Score heaven!!! cool
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2011
    Atham wrote
    NP : SWORD AND SORCERY : THE ADVENTURES OF CONAN - Basil Poledouris

Score heaven!!! cool

Isn't it just! beer punk
  3. I listened to this again recently and it doesn't really gel with me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I listened to this again recently and it doesn't really gel with me.

tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Well, for me it gelled ....and stuck! I love all of it. But that's just me. ..and Timmer ...and ....
  4. Atham wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote

Well, for me it gelled ....and stuck! I love all of it. But that's just me. ..and Timmer ...and ....
    ...probably every other sane person. I know! wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    I started my day with the How To Train Your Dragon suite, the tattoo version. wink

Then I listened to the Hobbit trailer a couple of times.

Now I'm playing Tron. I have to pick music the kids like too, because we will be home for two weeks, the three of us together.

I must say because of Christmas and my time off I really feel like listening to the Lord of the Rings complete recordings. I'll probably go do that next!
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeDec 27th 2011 edited
    Bregje wrote

So I'm not the only one! shame biggrin

I must say because of Christmas and my time off I really feel like listening to the Lord of the Rings complete recordings. I'll probably go do that next!

I have that feeling too especially with "A Storm is Coming" ! I've been listening to the complete recording too these past few days! smile
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
  5. Stavroula wrote

you're definitely not the only one, did it a couple of times too these past few days smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
  6. Kevin Scarlet wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    THE SPIDERWICK CHRONICLES - JAMES HORNER

Yeah, this is Horner on autopilot...

well, if it's autopilot Horner in fantasy mode, I'm up for it. Because this score does work brilliantly in the movie
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2011
    Stavroula wrote
    Bregje wrote

Haha, I think many people do that! Sort of a daily routine: check mail, check facebook updates, play Hobbit trailer, make coffee.
    wink

I'm afraid LOTR complete has to wait a bit. I got Sanctum (Hirschfelder) and Prince of Persia (HGW), new new new, and I am enjoying these a lot! I have to admit HGW suprises me with this score...

For both scores: I really like the movies so that helps. wave
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Bregje wrote
    Stavroula wrote
    Bregje wrote

Haha, I think many people do that! Sort of a daily routine: check mail, check facebook updates, play Hobbit trailer, make coffee.
    wink

Do you guys really do that? I'd get bored of it after the second time! dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Il Grande Silenzio - Morricone

On another Morricone bender today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    My Name is Nobody - Morricone

And it continues. This one is sensational.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    The magical Water for Elephants - James Newton Howard
  7. Jerry Goldsmith - First Blood

Brilliant score. Got the original Intrada CD from a good friend as a Christmas gift.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  8. Deep Impact - James Horner.

My favorite Horner score. I wish that volume we're better, in the film was much more louder than in the CD.
  9. Hans Zimmer - Pearl Harbor

A very pretty score, if meaningless. It works very bad in the film, but I don't blame Hans, who had a lot of issues with the movie and problems he couldn't solve. For something made so hastily and against his own instinct, he ended up with a very pretty work.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Metti, Una Sera a Cena - Ennio Morricone

A classic, full of great themes (including, I just noticed, the famous "darts music" in the UK which is played at the end of a game - which I assume is some modern song which may or not credit its pretty obvious inspiration).
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    If Morricone was equatable to drugs, I'd say you have a problem...