• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012
    Yeah, that would be something.

I also love the melancholic theme for the terrorists, incidentally (weird thing to say, but there you go).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012 edited
    The Delta Force and Commando... two 80's (mostly) electronic scores that stuck with me as a kid! I never thought in a million years I'd own them!

EDIT: "First Class" is hilariously bad!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: Commando - James Horner

Bad ass!

punk

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: FATHER OF THE BRIDE (Alan Silvestri)

Cute Hollywood romantic drama music, but Silvestri's wistful tunes are always a treat.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    I think I understand Scribe' point. If you don't like a score:
    - why do you have to say ten hundred times that you don't like it?
    - why do you have to write it in your signature?
    - why do you have to say bad things about the composer (he's bored, he lost his passion, he only do it for the money, etc.)
    - why almost every time someone say that he likes that score you have to say that the score is shit?
    - why some people don't accept that even a bad score has its fans (and of course for them the score is good)?

YOU DON'T LIKE IT, GOOD, SAY IT, AND THEN MOVE ON
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Because we have opinions as well.

Again, you are missing the point. No one is saying that YOUR opinion is invalid. Like, love or have sex with a score all you like but if I don't like a particular score that I'm playing or if I have an opinion about a score that some one else is playing then if I feel like it I'm going to say something. This is a message board and we all have the right to express our opinions... positive or negative.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Yes, but it is more fun and interesting to concentrate on the music we love.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Cristian wrote
    Erik Woods wrote

-Erik-

Yes, but it is more fun and interesting to concentrate on the music we love.

If we all loved the exact same thing this place would be deathly boring! I think the only thing that we can ALL agree on is that we LOVE film music.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR (Alan Silvestri)

More beautiful Synclavier stuff for a nostalgia favourite of mine (the film, that is). As you may have gathered, I'm going through my Silvestris in alphabetical order. I played THE ABYSS previously, but didn't do an NP on it.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Erik Woods wrote
    If we all loved the exact same thing this place would be deathly boring!

That is impossible smile

Erik Woods wrote
    I think the only thing that we can ALL agree on is that we LOVE film music.

That is a fact smile

Film music is like a big family but in this family we like different things. But in the end we all are a family.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Thor wrote

More beautiful Synclavier stuff for a nostalgia favourite of mine (the film, that is). As you may have gathered, I'm going through my Silvestris in alphabetical order. I played THE ABYSS previously, but didn't do an NP on it.

Are you in Silvestri mood?

smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Timmer wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Cristian wrote
    Hunger Games - James Newton Howard

I want to listen to something good before I go to bed.

Then press eject and put something better in wink

Really D? I just listened to a few track on Youtube, now I know YT isn't the best way to hear music but the little I heard I did like, I'm quite tempted to get the album.

I think you should give it a chance.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cristian wrote
    Thor wrote

smile

Yup.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Thor wrote
    Cristian wrote
    Thor wrote

smile

Yup.

When you finish I'm curious what is your favorite score by Silvestri.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I'm very tempted to make a signature about my opinion of how cliched the Back to the Future score is and what a horrible, vomit-inducing film it accompanies...but I will only make everyone read it once, instead of every single time you see me post. tongue
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Erik Woods wrote
    If you don't like my opinion then you can suck an egg or just ignore it! Your choice.

False. I have to be reminded of it every time I read your posts, or listen to any score you don't like. That's just how my brain works. I wish there was a site where people only said good things about scores (as ridiculous as that sounds). Then I would enjoy every single score I listened to.

*shoots brain*
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Scribe wrote
    I'm very tempted to make a signature about my opinion of how cliched the Back to the Future score is and what a horrible, vomit-inducing film it accompanies...but I will only make everyone read it once, instead of every single time you see me post. tongue

You should totally do that! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: The World Is Not Enough - David Arnold

Very enjoyable effort from David Arnold, who's done consistently excellent work for the 007 franchise. The release could use an expanded edition along the same line as the Chapter III release for Tomorrow Never Die. I would love to hear more of the orchestral stuff that was left out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Cristian wrote
    Scribe wrote

It would only serve to make me appear even crazier... slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Cristian wrote
    When you finish I'm curious what is your favorite score by Silvestri.

I don't need to finish to say that. That is -- and has always been -- THE ABYSS. It's also one of my alltime favourites regardless of composer, and one of the reasons I became interested in film music in the first place. Hugely important score in my life.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scribe wrote
    Cristian wrote
    Scribe wrote

It would only serve to make me appear even crazier... slant

Not difficult. wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote

Go ahead!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Scribe wrote
    I'm very tempted to make a signature about my opinion of how cliched the Back to the Future score is and what a horrible, vomit-inducing film it accompanies...

Well, I think we can all agree on that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Fall of the Roman Empire - Dimitri Tiomkin

What this score really needed was a few drum loops, but it still manages to be quite good without them.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: FORREST GUMP (Alan Silvestri)

One of my most-played CD's. The fanfaric theme was actually played as the ceremony/podium theme in this year's biathlon championship in Germany. Heard it on the telly all the time.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    The Fall of the Roman Empire - Dimitri Tiomkin

What this score really needed was a few drum loops, but it still manages to be quite good without them.

Yeah I agree, that's the problem with those older scores, that and a lack of sampled choirs.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Erik Woods wrote
    Demetris wrote
    Bregt wrote
    TRANSFORMERS PRIME | brian tyler

This is the first Brian Tyler in a long time that I enjoy from start to finish. What a fantastic main theme, blaring the speakers out of their case, bombastic in every sense, but driving and propelling the score forward. Add some really good action music, swirling and nervous strings and some Tyler trademark percussion. Obviously there's a bit too much of it, but boy, I do enjoy this one!

punk

Jablonsky should take some notes wink

I find this one to be too dense... way too heavy. Not much variation in sound. It's like a migraine. It keeps pounding at you until you get nauseous. I couldn't make it through the entire album!

-Erik-

aka Brian Tyler in a nutshell
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : PAPILLON - Jerry Goldsmith

I'll thank Pawel for influencing this play today.

A very fine score, one of my favourites from JG despite the fact it lacks sampled drum loops.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Scribe wrote
    I'm very tempted to make a signature about my opinion of how cliched the Back to the Future score is and what a horrible, vomit-inducing film it accompanies...

Well, I think we can all agree on that.

I hope you both die in a fire.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    shocked lol