• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012
    Damn boys! I'm out of pop corn! I've been reading with great interest!

NP: Bram Stoke's Dracula~ Wojciech Kilar

Since a few days ago that Tim brought it back to my attention I've been revisiting it almost every day. I like its lyricism and its stormy turns, the breath of darkness in even the more calm cues. Right now I have playlisted these cues since I'm not in the mood for intense music.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012 edited
    NP: JUDGE DREDD (Alan Silvestri)

The main theme is great, but some of the action music is kinda meh. Songs are pretty good too, especially Leftfield's "Release the Pressure".
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote
    Scribe wrote
    I'm very tempted to make a signature about my opinion of how cliched the Back to the Future score is and what a horrible, vomit-inducing film it accompanies...

Well, I think we can all agree on that.

I hope you both die in a fire.

You won't be able to enjoy it when we do, since you'll already been gone thanks to a freak yachting accident. (It's already been arranged.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    John Carter - Michael G

I like this, but it does go on a bit.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2012 edited
    Thor wrote

The main theme is great, but some of the action music is kinda meh. Songs are pretty good too, especially Leftfield's "Release the Pressure".

fireworksAnd now, I proudly present to you my 10000th postfireworks

What have I done with my life?

I agree about the theme but totally disagree about the action material. IMO, Silvestri's Dredd action music is some of the strongest of his career. "Block War" is a showstopper and "Council Chaos" is fantastic. I would have liked to see more of that creativity in his Captain America score. Too bad cues like "Troops in the Streets" and "Tunnel Run" didn't make the cut on the original release. Those are about the only two cues I would add to an already excellent presentation of the score.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Scribe wrote
    I'm very tempted to make a signature about my opinion of how cliched the Back to the Future score is and what a horrible, vomit-inducing film it accompanies...but I will only make everyone read it once, instead of every single time you see me post. tongue

I must admit I'm with you there.

And on Harry Potter 7.1 too for that matter. (But since I don't really respect Erik's opinion on that one, his signature doesn't bother me. Maybe that's a trick -- not letting other people's opinions bother you.)

Have you considered the music of Alberto Iglesias, perhaps? biggrin
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

What have I done with my life?

Impressive. I see from the community page that you're the one immediately above me, with about 1000 more posts. I guess I need to step things up. But I have Southall immediately on my tail, dammit!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE (Alan Silvestri)

The rejected score. Kinda boring. Basically just some guitar riffs and various synth percussion.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    But I have Southall immediately on my tail, dammit!

It would be most appreciated if you'd stop passing wind. It's getting rather uncomfortable!
  2. Erik Woods wrote
    Thor wrote

-Erik-

Despite my having just said I don't always respect your opinion, let me increase my own post count by celebrating your glorious victory. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2012
    franz_conrad wrote

I love Iglesias, I only have 3 of his scores so far but I like them all, particularly Tambien La Lluvia.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  3. That is a good one, I must consent.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    Pocahontas - Alan Menken

Somehow fell into seeing the film recently and the score is very nice though too brief on CD. Thankfully there's 'Colours of the Wind', a truly spine-tinglingly great song, I have to admit. Superb lyrics by Stephen Schwartz, with the 'in-film' version being far better than the poppy end credits one.
  4. I can't say I've heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon myself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Scribe wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I love Iglesias, I only have 3 of his scores so far but I like them all, particularly Tambien La Lluvia.

Continue discovering , you are in for such a ride my friend ! This year's overlooked le moine was outstanding both inside and outside the movie and so was the skin I live in.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2012 edited
    David OC wrote
    Pocahontas - Alan Menken

Somehow fell into seeing the film recently and the score is very nice though too brief on CD. Thankfully there's 'Colours of the Wind', a truly spine-tinglingly great song, I have to admit. Superb lyrics by Stephen Schwartz, with the 'in-film' version being far better than the poppy end credits one.

Certainly one of my favourites. Sexy Pocahontas running through the forest. The leaves following her trail. The Farewell track is fantastic!

What a movie and songs! punk
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    franz_conrad wrote

Iglesias is the John Williams of Spain. biggrin wink
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: THE MUMMY RETURNS (Alan Silvestri)

Not a subtle start to the day, but it was next in line. It's still an excellent adventure score, though. Even rivals JG's original.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Bregt wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I prefer to think of him as the Joe Hisaishi of the European Union! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I don't know if Spain has any John Williams-type composer. Illaramendi, perhaps, especially when he ventures into the 'religious sound'?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Me, I rather tend to consider him the Debussy of the Iberian Peninsula.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: PREDATOR 2 (Alan Silvestri)

Tribal coolness!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ???
    Didn't I just buy that off you?

EDIT: You digitised it of course. dizzy Never mind.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    franz_conrad wrote
    Bregt wrote
    franz_conrad wrote

I prefer to think of him as the Joe Hisaishi of the European Union! biggrin

applause
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martijn wrote
    ???
    Didn't I just buy that off you?

EDIT: You digitised it of course. dizzy Never mind.

Yup. I'm cutting down my physical collection, not the scores themselves. I would never part with this altogether! I may be operating in a fuzzy legal landscape here, but I don't really care. I'm selling them for 1/10th of what I bought them for anyway.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. I am sure Thor, at one time, you promoted the notion of deleting a digital copy of a CD once you passed on the CD?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    I am sure Thor, at one time, you promoted the notion of deleting a digital copy of a CD once you passed on the CD?

Did I? Could be. I guessed I've loosened up a bit...I delete files for music I'm selling because I don't particularly care for the music anymore, but keep the ones I really like (but whose physical counterpart I'm getting rid of).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: RICOCHET (Alan Silvestri)

This might be the most Herrmann-inspired score Silvestri ever did. I like the Ice-T title song too. Old-school rap!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    Bregt wrote
    David OC wrote
    Pocahontas - Alan Menken

Certainly one of my favourites. Sexy Pocahontas running through the forest. The leaves following her trail. The Farewell track is fantastic!

What a movie and songs! punk

You like the movie? shocked
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I can't answer for Bregt, but I thought the movie was classic 90's Disney and the score/songs are superb!
    I am extremely serious.