• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012
    I do not approve of the above post.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I note with dissatisfaction that Erik has still not removed the derogatory and insulting comment from his signature. Just saying...if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

~Signed, a "fanboy"*

*which I find just as if not more insulting than "snob".
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Scribe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    This is a message I just received from our good friend yonythemoony on Twitter! While I don't want to air my dirty laundry out in these parts I thought you all would like to know what the real Yonathan Vargas ‏aka yony_themoony is really like.
    -Erik-

Other than the sexual reference, it sounds exactly like things you have said here.

LOL.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 26th 2012 edited
    Scribe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    This is a message I just received from our good friend yonythemoony on Twitter! While I don't want to air my dirty laundry out in these parts I thought you all would like to know what the real Yonathan Vargas ‏aka yony_themoony is really like.
    -Erik-

Other than the sexual reference, it sounds exactly like things you have said here.

Oh my word!? shocked Is this true Erik, you're a snob? dizzy
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    I note with dissatisfaction that Erik has still not removed the derogatory and insulting comment from his signature. Just saying...if you can't take it, don't dish it out.

Take what exactly? Did I personally attack yony? No.

Scribe wrote
    ~Signed, a "fanboy"*

*which I find just as if not more insulting than "snob".

It's amazing how ones opinion can stir up so much hate! And who exactly am I insulting and why does my opinion mean so much to you. I'm flattered actually!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Scribe wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    -Erik-

Really? You actually believe that? That couldn't be further from the truth and you know it!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Matt, I don't know why Erik's signature bothers you so much? I like both parts of Desplat's HARRY POTTER scores and that signature has never bothered me.

And Erik, drop it! It's not worth it.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Steven wrote
    I do not approve of the above post.

Thanks for the back up, Steven! beer

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Timmer wrote
    Matt, I don't know why Erik's signature bothers you so much? I like both parts of Desplat's HARRY POTTER scores and that signature has never bothered me.

You're right!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Unlike most people apparently, I see little difference between insulting a person and insulting their passions.

I'm sure it would be inappropriate to put something denigrating someone else's religion in my signature. And I am just as passionate about Desplat's artistry as many people are about their deities.

Anyway, on a lighter note, your new signature makes me laugh in its absurdity. I have no idea why he said that. We all know you appreciate other composers too!
  1. Scribe wrote
    Unlike most people apparently, I see little difference between insulting a person and insulting their passions.

I'm sure it would be inappropriate to put something denigrating someone else's religion in my signature. And I am just as passionate about Desplat's artistry as many people are about their deities.

Anyway, on a lighter note, your new signature makes me laugh in its absurdity. I have no idea why he said that. We all know you appreciate other composers too!

The best way to greet an insult is to laugh at it, unless it truly is dangerously insulting. You're being baited. Laughing at it defuses it. wink
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  2. popcorn

And Erik has updated his signature.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. BLACK GOLD - J. HORNER

Nah. Pure gold! cool
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Well, it appears there's cocks around here.

NP: HUNCHBACK OF THE NOTRE DAME | menken & schwartz

What a fabulous score. The Bells theme is one of my favourites of his. Heaven's Light is also a spectacular track, as is Sanctuary. Quite frightening, unlike anything the Disney movies have produced.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Scribe wrote

And yet, thank heavens, there really, really IS!
    That you may feel otherwise does not alter that.

I'm sure it would be inappropriate to put something denigrating someone else's religion in my signature.

Some people may not like it. Some people couldn't care less. Some people would applaud it. Some people would seriously consider killing you for it.

I would not use 'inappropriate' and 'I am sure' in one sentence.
    'Inappropriate', rather than being a blanket concept, universally applied, is VERY much dependent on time, situation, audience, mood, and needs to be considered every single time for every single action in every single circumstance.

It's the outcome of an ethical process. Not an ethical given.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    So you're saying its ok to post religious and racial slurs as long as we're not sure they're inappropriate?

Martijn wrote
    Scribe wrote

And yet, thank heavens, there really, really IS!
    That you may feel otherwise does not alter that.

In other words, your opinion is more truer than my opinion. Ok.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Scribe wrote
    So you're saying its ok to post religious and racial slurs as long as we're not sure they're inappropriate?

What's a "religious slur"?
    And why on earth draw racism into it?
    Why would you even equate the two ("speaking out against religion" and "speaking out against race")?
    They couldn't be more different.

Good heavens, don't they teach formal logic anymore?

In other words, your opinion is more truer than my opinion. Ok.

Don't be so silly, Matt.
    As you very well know, this is not about opinion: insult me, and I can take legal action.
    Insult my opinion, and I will defend your right to do so.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote

What's wrong with John Williams' dick ?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Demetris wrote
    Timmer wrote

What's wrong with John Williams' dick ?

Ha, ha.....a question I never thought I'd see! smile
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Phantom - David Newman

It's only one of the finest comic book film scores of all time... that's all.

-Erik-
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Erik Woods wrote
    NP: The Phantom - David Newman

It's only one of the finest comic book film scores of all time... that's all.

-Erik-

I approve of this post.
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Martijn do you have your own farm to produce all that straw, or do you buy it from somewhere?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Who hurt you? uhm
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ... hug ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Matt, may I respectfully suggest you try and discuss whatever it is you want to discuss in an informed manner.
    Just bandying silly fallacies and rather non-sequitur one-liners around really isn't going to impress anyone.
    Much less convince.

(I honestly wonder from your statement above if you fully understand what a strawman argument actually is?
    If that is what you are referring to with your remarks on straw.
    If not, I do have to admit to a pronounced lack of insight into most things agricultural, so that discussion I will need to leave to others!
    )
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It's when you throw straw at each other to win an argument! Pitch forks can be used too.

...right?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Good heavens, man! And you consider yourself a serious contender in the ballistics arms race?
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    Martijn wrote
    Matt, may I respectfully suggest you try and discuss whatever it is you want to discuss in an informed manner.
    Just bandying silly fallacies and rather non-sequitur one-liners around really isn't going to impress anyone.
    Much less convince.

(I honestly wonder from your statement above if you fully understand what a strawman argument actually is?)

You're the one who keeps trying to start arguments and blowing simple personal requests way out of proportion. I'm not trying to impress, convince, or otherwise debate with anyone. I would just like people to be more polite about scores and composers they don't like, rather than making authoritative negative like "X score is bad" or "Y composer is lazy and only in it for the money". It's offensive to me. If this community does not care whether members find such negativity offensive, then so be it. I don't really care. Certainly not enough to have a formal debate about whether I have an official right to be offended.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: Argument & Debate - People

Very boring album. Must listen to something else now.