• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012
    The film got the score it needed and indeed the score it deserved.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    I didn't get any of those feelings when watching the film or listening to the score. To me it's lowest common denominator music. So, in a sense I agree with you. This sort of shlock deserves the same type of generic music.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2012 edited
    yeah

If I say I found the transformer films tiresome and yet entertaining am I making sense? At the same time once the films are over I can barely remember a moment.

As for the score... :shrug:
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. My brain doesn't turn off for scores. And it actively avoids films like "Transformers".
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. W.E. - Abel Korzeniowski

This is lovely. I have "Brooklyn Faces" on perpetual repeat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Black Beauty - Danny Elfman

Elfman scores come no better than this!
  3. The Alfred Hitchcock Hour: Vol 1 Herrmann

Eight brilliant scores, I love this release.
  4. Timmer wrote
    yeah

If I say I found the transformer films tiresome and yet entertaining am I making sense? At the same time once the films are over I can barely remember a moment.

As for the score... :shrug:

I was actually shocked to find myself liking the first movie of the series. It actually hinted at some... storytelling? The second one is complete drivel which led me to ignore the third one.

Michael Bay still can't direct actors. How he managed doing it right in The Rock still escapes me. There was a point when he was almost fired by the studio and you won't believe who stood up to him during that meeting...

Sir Sean Connery himself.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Do you mean 'stood up for him'.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Yes shame
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Brave - Patrick Doyle

First listen... if you love Celtic scores this one is for you. I adore them and the first two score tracks on the album are sublime! LOTS OF BAGPIPES! punk Doyle returns to his roots and provides a joyous, epic, Celtic score that made me instantly forget about Thor and Rise of the Planet of the Apes! I hope the rest of it holds up!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: IMAGES (John Williams)

Wild, avantgarde stuff!
    I am extremely serious.
  6. The Avengers Silvestri

I’d heard this in the film numerous times and thought it was great in context but I think it’s brilliant on it’s own too. The CD finally arrived last week and I can’t stop playing it, it’s a treat from beginning to end, plenty going on at all times and enough quieter passages to balance out all the big stuff. The Avengers theme is so rousing, so heroic, just so damn good!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Water for Elephants - James Newton Howard

Magical and beautiful! More please.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Erik Woods wrote
    Brave - Patrick Doyle

First listen... if you love Celtic scores this one is for you. I adore them and the first two score tracks on the album are sublime! LOTS OF BAGPIPES! punk Doyle returns to his roots and provides a joyous, epic, Celtic score that made me instantly forget about Thor and Rise of the Planet of the Apes! I hope the rest of it holds up!

-Erik-

punk

You're 19 minutes further by now. AND? AND? AND?
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    lp wrote
    NP: King Kong - James Newton Howard

So much music for this movie. There are some truly enjoyable cues from James, and not just the action pieces either. The 3CD complete score is a bit over kill for sure, but the music works well enough in between passive/active listening sessions.

I'm still listening to this (at work). Love the grand orchestral statements and bombastic action cues.

I've listened to his Snow White score and was let down a lot. Underwhelming music throughout. I was kinda hoping that some of his King Kong stuff would make an appearance again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    BobdH wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Brave - Patrick Doyle

-Erik-

punk

One of the best scores of the year!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    Awesome! Can't wait for this one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorCristian
    Kevin Scarlet wrote
    W.E. - Abel Korzeniowski

This is lovely. I have "Brooklyn Faces" on perpetual repeat.

Stunning score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (John Williams)

I'm not the fan of this as I used to. Too much whimsical action stuff. But still....some fantastic moments too.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    :whip: cry
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012
    Erik Woods wrote
    :whip: cry

Don't stop that whipping Erik, not until he stops crying and has seen the error of his ways! devil
  7. Erik Woods wrote
    BobdH wrote
    Erik Woods wrote
    Brave - Patrick Doyle

-Erik-

punk

One of the best scores of the year!

-Erik-

thanks, very relieved to hear that.
    as long as it's not Thor or POTA, I'm okay with everything
    And I adore Celtic music punk
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Journey of Natty Gann - James Horner

One of his best. So lovely.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2012 edited
    John Chambers wrote
    The Avengers Silvestri

I’d heard this in the film numerous times and thought it was great in context but I think it’s brilliant on it’s own too. The CD finally arrived last week and I can’t stop playing it, it’s a treat from beginning to end, plenty going on at all times and enough quieter passages to balance out all the big stuff. The Avengers theme is so rousing, so heroic, just so damn good!!!

shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  8. Southall wrote

Contrast this with his Spider-emoMan film score samples ... I'll stick with 1980's Horner.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  9. justin boggan wrote
    Southall wrote

Contrast this with his Spider-emoMan film score samples ... I'll stick with 1980's Horner.

Yeah, I think the time of him churning out an absolute fantastic score every one or two years is behind us. It ended in the year 2000 with 'The Perfect Storm'.

But I do still like his new stuff. It just doesn't make me jump in excitement or give me goosebumps anymore, remember the time when his scores were full of those?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    DreamTheater wrote
    Yeah, I think the time of him churning out an absolute fantastic score every one or two years is behind us. It ended in the year 2000 with 'The Perfect Storm'.

2001 - A Beautiful Mind
    2003 - Beyond Borders
    2004 - Troy
    2005 - The Legend of Zorro
    2005 - The New World
    2008 - The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas
    2009 - Avatar
    2011 - Black Gold

Not bad going if you ask me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    John Chambers wrote
    The Avengers Silvestri

It's the best action score I've heard in a long time. Love it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    shocked