• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorlp
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2012
    plindboe wrote
    Fair game (Powell)

There's not a single track on this album that I enjoy.

Peter slant

I enjoy the album in passing. I like how the music kinda percolates in the background while I'm working.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    NP: King Kong - James Newton Howard

So much music for this movie. There are some truly enjoyable cues from James, and not just the action pieces either. The 3CD complete score is a bit over kill for sure, but the music works well enough in between passive/active listening sessions.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    lp wrote
    I like how the music kinda percolates in the background

This may be the single finest description of a certain type of music I have ever read.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Lifeforce - Henry Mancini

Oh my. Did you know that "Henry Mancini Lifeforce" is an anagram of "A fine firm horny licence"?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Tombstone - Bruce Broughton

This is just great. All the moreso because "Bruce Broughton Tombstone" is an anagram of "Erect Bonbon Turbo Mugshot."
  1. And that one's anagram isn't even it's primary asset, which only adds to the appeal.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Southall wrote
    Tombstone - Bruce Broughton

This is just great.

I'll add that it is one of the greatest western scores of all time!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: IN THE VALLEY OF ELAH (Mark Isham)

Ethereal and ambient, drifting softly back and forth. This is my kind of music!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. TRUE LIES - BRAD FIEDEL

Some late in the evening listening, and pretty loud too, but I don't care for the simple reason that I had forgotten that this score is fun from start to end, the perfect score for the over the top action film. Jim Cameron sure brought out the best in Fiedel, I wouldn't mind him coming out of retirement to do the next Cameron flick (in the case Horner is unavailable for Avatar 2 that is). punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  3. HTTYD - john powell

fun fun fun! "the vikings have their tea" is a new favorite. now I'll have to rewatch the movie.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Martijn wrote
    lp wrote
    I like how the music kinda percolates in the background

This may be the single finest description of a certain type of music I have ever read.

LOL, thanks. tongue
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    alicebrallice wrote
    HTTYD - john powell

fun fun fun! "the vikings have their tea" is a new favorite. now I'll have to rewatch the movie.

"Astrid goes for a Spin" sounds like it could have been culled right out of RIVERDANCE, but yeah -- lovely score!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. Thor wrote
    alicebrallice wrote
    HTTYD - john powell

"Astrid goes for a Spin" sounds like it could have been culled right out of RIVERDANCE, but yeah -- lovely score!

bwahahahaha! never thought about that before, you're absolutely right.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012
    Southall wrote
    Lifeforce - Henry Mancini

Oh my. Did you know that "Henry Mancini Lifeforce" is an anagram of "A fine firm horny licence"?

shocked At last I can die fulfilled.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Did you know "Southall" is an anagram for:

Hula lots
    A lush lot
    Ah lo slut (say it in a British accent)
    La tush low (it happens with age)
    All hot us
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    "Ah lo slut" British? No!, say it in a cliched English dubbed Chinese kung fu flick accent.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Allo, s'lut? Sounds like French!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Slut alors!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    lp wrote
    NP: King Kong - James Newton Howard

So much music for this movie. There are some truly enjoyable cues from James, and not just the action pieces either. The 3CD complete score is a bit over kill for sure, but the music works well enough in between passive/active listening sessions.

I find it a chore getting through the regular release let alone 3 CD's, still, some great cues in it for sure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012 edited
    I agree but the 3cd version has some lovely moments excluded from the original release. I'm sure some clever editing of the 3cd could result in a better album. I'll have a go when I find the time. (That probably means it'll never happen).
  6. LSH wrote
    I agree but the 3cd version has some lovely moments excluded from the original release. I'm sure some clever editing could result in a better albu(m. I'll have a go when I find the time.(

Some editing required. Sort it out!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Right, I think it's time to crack open a beer.
  7. LSH wrote
    Right, I think it's time to crack open a beer.

Damn you!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2012 edited
    NP: Frontiers - Jerry Goldsmith

One of the greatest re-recordings of all time! While "The Enterprise" is the album's major highlight the Logan's Run suite is hauntingly beautiful featuring the 8 minute tone poem "The Monument" and "The End of the City." Man, I miss Jerry. sad

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  8. Don't we all !!!

I have my favourite cues (one from every score) from the man on my portable player, he is with me everywhere I go. smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Independence Day David Arnold

May not be everyone's idea of a truly great score (even though it has its fans), but I can't think of any other score that I enjoy more than this one - only ones I enjoy as much. In fact, it's rather meaningful to me, just as much as something like ET. Perhaps an odd thing to say about a score like this, but I must admit it's served me well over the years!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012
    Steven wrote

May not be everyone's idea of a truly great score (even though it has its fans), but I can't think of any other score that I enjoy more than this one - only ones I enjoy as much. In fact, it's rather meaningful to me, just as much as something like ET. Perhaps an odd thing to say about a score like this, but I must admit it's served me well over the years!

Maybe if I was born in a different decade? Who knows!? Good on yer anyway.

Nothing as epic as that for me tonight...

NP : SOMMERSBY - Danny Elfman

Still my favourite score from the composer, absolutely gorgeous!
  9. Mine, too. It's wonderful!

NP - "The Funeral" from X-MEN 3. This far into an album that is not typically my kind of thing, this track is a breath of fresh air. A lot of the rest of this has been just okay, though with some very good highlights.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012 edited
    Steven wrote

It's interesting that it took a Brit to come up with the most american sounding patriotic music I've ever heard.

It's balls to the wall fantastic for me and I'm guessing I'm from the decade between Steven and Timmer. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2012
    Due Cuori una Cappella - Stelvio Cipriani

This is brilliant! Light, airy, jazzy.