• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2013
    Don't get me wrong, if the dissonant textures had been more rewarding, I'd have kept it. But I just can't take Morricone's particular approach to dissonance, for some reason.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2013 edited
    I usually can't take the dissonance either, and I don't listen to anything else from that album other than the theme. But I'd never discard the album when there's such a fantastic theme on it, as that would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    One of my favorite themes ever too.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Damn, don't say that. I'll regret deleting it. Maybe I should have kept the theme, at least.
    I am extremely serious.
  1. Thor wrote
    Damn, don't say that. I'll regret deleting it. Maybe I should have kept the theme, at least.

Never. Delete. Anything!!

wink
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  2. A partly dissonant score by Morricone I like a lot is

Moses the Lawgiver

which is now playing.

smile Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  3. I don't understand this "if I don't like it I'll delete it" mentality. You have it, might as well keep it. Maybe one day down the road you'll want to give it a second chance. It makes no difference whatsoever whether you delete something or just keep it in a folder or on a hard drive somewhere. It's just a waste otherwise. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Southall wrote
    Beyond: Two Souls - Lorne Balfe

The best non-Zimmer score to come from Remote Control in a very long time. Sounds like some passion went into this one - not one from the production line.

Yeah, since Mortal Instruments...a really long time. tongue

Oh, it's much better than that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Captain Future wrote
    A partly dissonant score by Morricone I like a lot is

Moses the Lawgiver

which is now playing.

smile Volker

It's very good and the beauty of the non-dissonant stuff is such that even Thor might not delete this one, should he ever acquire it. The two main themes are absolute stunners.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I don't understand this "if I don't like it I'll delete it" mentality. You have it, might as well keep it. Maybe one day down the road you'll want to give it a second chance. It makes no difference whatsoever whether you delete something or just keep it in a folder or on a hard drive somewhere. It's just a waste otherwise. smile

yeah
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I think, as usual, Thor may be in the minority on this one. wink
  4. NP: Message in a Bottle (1999) - Gabriel Yared

I have started to explore the works of GY. The above CD I aquired used a few days ago. This is beautiful music! I am going to return to this score frequently!

punk
    Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Assassin's Creed IV - Brian Tyler

I certainly won't be deleting this (although it is quite loud, so I imagine Thor would, should he acquire this).

It's the typical Tyler action-fest we've come to expect (which I rather like), but with a very enjoyable piratey/jaunty vibe to it. Plus a rather catchy main theme. He's also managed to keep within the sound Jesper Kyd created for the first two games.

The album could do with a bit of trimming, but this is certainly one of 2013's most entertaining scores. I dare say Tyler is becoming a little more interesting.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Scribe wrote

Something tells me that you have an impeccable taste in music. beer

Peter smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Thor wrote

Have you checked the recycle bin?

Peter smile
  5. Steven wrote
    Assassin's Creed IV - Brian Tyler

I certainly won't be deleting this (although it is quite loud, so I imagine Thor would, should he acquire this).

It's the typical Tyler action-fest we've come to expect (which I rather like), but with a very enjoyable piratey/jaunty vibe to it. Plus a rather catchy main theme. He's also managed to keep within the sound Jesper Kyd created for the first two games.

The album could do with a bit of trimming, but this is certainly one of 2013's most entertaining scores. I dare say Tyler is becoming a little more interesting.

Funny. I'm also listening to this at the moment and thinking to myself that Tyler has never been more boring. And I'm not quite sure why that is. It's not a bad score at all. But maybe I was expecting something a little more overtly brassy/orchestral/swashbuckly rather than the more fiddle-celticy-with-percussion stuff we get here. And ye gods is the album a slog. Although I don't object to this much music being released on principle, it is pretty samey. Certainly nowhere near 2013's more entertaining, more like the middle of the road I'd say.
  6. Southall wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Southall wrote

The best non-Zimmer score to come from Remote Control in a very long time. Sounds like some passion went into this one - not one from the production line.

Can't say I agree but if you insist...
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    plindboe wrote
    Scribe wrote

Peter smile

Lies. I like Man of Steel, therefore I have terrible taste. It is known.
    wink
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Scribe wrote
    plindboe wrote
    Scribe wrote

Peter smile

Lies. I like Man of Steel, therefore I have terrible taste. It is known.
    wink

FACT! wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: Message in a Bottle (1999) - Gabriel Yared

I have started to explore the works of GY. The above CD I aquired used a few days ago. This is beautiful music! I am going to return to this score frequently!

punk
    Volker

I love a lot of Yared's work. Message In A Bottle is wonderful. Happy exploring Captain. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Southall wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Southall wrote

Can't say I agree but if you insist...

Oh, I do. I absolutely insist.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I don't understand this "if I don't like it I'll delete it" mentality. You have it, might as well keep it. Maybe one day down the road you'll want to give it a second chance. It makes no difference whatsoever whether you delete something or just keep it in a folder or on a hard drive somewhere. It's just a waste otherwise. smile

It's a space issue, for one thing. 1100 albums take up a lot of harddrive, and even though I have an extra, external 1 TB harddrive for backup, I really don't want to fill it with all kinds of crap I've picked up over the years. So it's better to stick with what you know you like, and then fill up with new potential great stuff as you go along.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. I kept every boot I recieved in trade over the decade years of trading, for trading purposes. Amongst the collectio nare titles I did not like when I first heard them; some the second time, too. A decade later, some are now personal favorites. Glad I didn't toss them (i.e., delete them)!
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Winnie Mandela - Laurent Eyquem

Absolutely stunning, inspirational music. If people hear this, they're going to love it.
  8. Southall wrote

Absolutely stunning, inspirational music. If people hear this, they're going to love it.

Not necessarily. It's okay but I found it to be nothing special.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote

I'm at that stage -and have been for a while- where if I see a new score has been released, I'm more excited if it's from a game.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Southall wrote

I'm at that stage -and have been for a while- where if I see a new score has been released, I'm more excited if it's from a game.

I wouldn't say I was excited but I do see your point and there are some excellent game scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013 edited
    Thor wrote
    It's a space issue, for one thing. 1100 albums take up a lot of harddrive, and even though I have an extra, external 1 TB harddrive for backup, I really don't want to fill it with all kinds of crap I've picked up over the years. So it's better to stick with what you know you like, and then fill up with new potential great stuff as you go along.

The words above should never be spoken by a radio show producer.

Buy a larger hard drive. Keep everything. You never know when you'll need a particular album to play on your show.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013 edited
    Well said! biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2013
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Southall wrote

Not necessarily. It's okay but I found it to be nothing special.

Yeah, but you're even weirder than me!