• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2013
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Unfortunately I didn't find Adore to be particularly interesting, two composers or not.

Agreed. It's nice enough, but I did find the Goldsmithian chords a little repetitive after a while. Gordon's filmography is far too sparse. sad
  1. Don Davis - The Matrix

Yes, yet again, I am just on a roll with this score after hearing it live to picture. Of course, I am playing Varese's Deluxe Edition (which leaves out approx. 15 of the score, including about half of Trinity Infinity).

I was flabbergasted by the concert (writing a report from it as I write this post), in huge part thanks to Davis' great command of the orchestra which led to the fact that this insanely difficult score on so many levels has been performed flawlessly and as well as the score is heard in the original film.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2013
    Steven wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Unfortunately I didn't find Adore to be particularly interesting, two composers or not.

Agreed. It's nice enough, but I did find the Goldsmithian chords a little repetitive after a while. Gordon's filmography is far too sparse. sad

Yeah, true about the repetition. But it's really just the first couple of tracks I enjoy playing that makes me glad to have new Gordon music to add to a playlist.
    My dream would be for Christopher Gordon to be given a grand epic of some kind to really flex his musical muscle. Or even an animated film.
  2. Anyone else spotted Desplat's 'Wong Chia Chi' theme in ADORE? ('Uncertainty.') The director had worked with Desplat last time, I wonder if there was a bit of temp love going on there.

Even with that, I enjoy the score, which is well-composed, gentle, lyrical music. I think it benefits from there being two composers involved, as it does break up the repetition. ('Beach Walk' and 'Time and Tide', the finale cues, could probably stand in for the whole score in a sense.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2013
    NP : AVATAR - James Horner

Wonderful score, love it!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    NP : AVATAR - James Horner

Wonderful score, love it!

A cutured gentleman of taste and dignity. Sir, please recommend me in your club. smile

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I do not care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

Oi! Watch it mate. I never forget a face though I'll gladly make an exception in your case.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    • CommentTimeOct 6th 2013 edited
    hello to u all guys!

Remember STUART GORDON,director of RE ANIMATOR,FROM BEYOND,DOLLS????

Well,the guy is on the look for 375000 dollars,for his next production,NEVERMORE,adaptation of Edgar Allan Poe,starring JEFFREY COMBS,yes,REANIMATOR's HERBERT WEST....

He's after the money on http://www.kickstarter.com,a crowdfunding site...smile

Anybody intereested,go give a look!

P;s:I know it has nothing to do with scores,but still remember the fantastic RICHARD BAND's,Reanimator,From Beyond,and Dolls scores..smile
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    NP:DANGEROUS METHODby HOWARD SHORE

outstAnding score,really!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I sense a great disturbance in the force...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Oi! Watch it mate. I never forget a face though I'll gladly make an exception in your case.

applause Give the man a cigar: he knows his classics!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    kokodezil wrote

I don't know it. Is it on YouTube?
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    Is it a joke Martijn??
    • CommentAuthorkokodezil
    kokodezil wrote
    Is it a joke Martijn??

Never heard of DANGEROUS METHOD,from DAVID CRONENBERG,starring Keira Knightley,Michael Fassbender,and Vigo Mortensen???

And yes,it is on You Tube....smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Now would not be a fortune time for Demetris to return to the forum.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Martijn wrote
    kokodezil wrote

I don't know it. Is it on YouTube?

lol
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  4. NP: The Abyss (1989) - Alan Silvestri

I first saw The Abyss when it aired on TV here in Germany. I was awestruck by the visuals and the music, not so much by the story which I thought was decent. But I loved the (original) conclusion.

Back then was before the internet. I had recorded the film on video and inspected the credits. This was the first time I came across the name of Alan Silvestri. I had no idea that the score had actually been released on CD.

The discovery of that CD in store in Cologne made me beam like the sun.

It's still a favourite of mine. Especially the choral highlights are awesome.

alien Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    ^ Great score! An under appreciate one at that.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013
    Steven wrote
    Now would not be a fortune time for Demetris to return to the forum.

I miss him sad I'd rather him be here and call all my favorite scores utter shit, than not be here.
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    Captain Future wrote
    NP: The Abyss (1989) - Alan Silvestri

I first saw The Abyss when it aired on TV here in Germany. I was awestruck by the visuals and the music, not so much by the story which I thought was decent. But I loved the (original) conclusion.

Back then was before the internet. I had recorded the film on video and inspected the credits. This was the first time I came across the name of Alan Silvestri. I had no idea that the score had actually been released on CD.

The discovery of that CD in store in Cologne made me beam like the sun.

It's still a favourite of mine. Especially the choral highlights are awesome.

alien Volker

I love The Abyss! Silvestri at the top of his game!
    I've been waiting for years for a deluxe release and I'm still waiting!
  5. NP: Gravity (Steve Price)

It undoubtedly helps that I've seen the film, but I do like this.
    (And in keeping with this eclectic taste in all things film musical, welcome back KOKO! wink )
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    franz_conrad wrote
    NP: Gravity (Steve Price)

It undoubtedly helps that I've seen the film, but I do like this.
    (And in keeping with this eclectic taste in all things film musical, welcome back KOKO! wink )

I'm yet to see the film (I hear it's very good) and I still like the music!
  6. Gravity isn't on release in the UK until the beginning of November!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013 edited
    Jesus Holy Christ on a fucking tricycle. Bring me the bloody oil!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  7. FalkirkBairn wrote
    Gravity isn't on release in the UK until the beginning of November!

crazy Is there a particular reason why they do this?? I'm having to skip a Tracksounds podcast episode because of it. slant
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2013 edited
    Demetris wrote

Hello D hug<-notice how many times I try to embrace you but you slip away wink

NP : CHARLOTTE GRAY - Stephen Warbeck

Lovely score to a decent film. Like this a lot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Demetris wrote

That's what Peter Voser said.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Demetris wrote

That's what Peter Voser said.

Oh dear, it's a bad day when D says bring me the oil, my suggestion to Peter would have been to go and see our friend D rather than turn to the US.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Are you suggesting he frack D.??? shocked