• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Southall wrote
    Homeward Bound - Jerry Goldsmith

I don't think this sounds like North by Northwest at all, or even Stravinsky.

you mean Bruce Broughton?
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2014
    Rush Hans Zimmer

One of my favourites from last year. cool
  2. John Debney - Lair

As fun as it is derivative. That is.....

A LOT!
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  3. NP: X-Men (2000) - Michael Kamen

It's OK but I like Ottman's and Powell's contributions better.

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    PawelStroinski wrote
    John Debney - Lair

As fun as it is derivative. That is.....

A LOT!

All true.
    But it's so big in it's epicness that you can't help but be swept away by it all!
    I love it! A feast of orchestral delights!
  4. The question is whether people are able to understand that this is just a labor of love and loving homages. Most of people, fortunately, do!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    For a score that plays so much with other peoples material I don't think I've read many negative comments, and no outright negative comments.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  5. Exactly, but it is among Debney's best scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2014 edited
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Exactly, but it is among Debney's best scores.

Debney AND Kaska. crazy Don't forget Kaska. Far too many people do.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  6. But the ratio is like 80% Debney to 20% Kaska. It's understandable that most people would associate it with Debney, just like Zimmer's scores are all associated with, well, Zimmer!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    That's just because no one wants to have to write the 30+ names associated with each Zimmer score. biggrin
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  7. That's never happened biggrin
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2014
    A Tale of God's Will - Terence Blanchard

Some fine jazz/orchestra fusion here, but the 2nd track 'Levees' is my favourite eight minutes on the CD, building to a spine-tingling emotional crescendo in the middle and again towards the end.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    David OC wrote

Some fine jazz/orchestra fusion here, but the 2nd track 'Levees' is my favourite eight minutes on the CD, building to a spine-tingling emotional crescendo in the middle and again towards the end.

This confused me for a moment and I had to look it up to see if it was available on Spotify, then I realised it's also known as A Requiem For Katrina. It's a lovely work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    A Tale of God's Will? Crikey. That's a bald title!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2014 edited
    You didn't know? God created Katrina in Her image.
    Kazoo
  8. Would He have a will then? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

Only if God was played by Patrick Stewart, I'd assume.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    But the ratio is like 80% Debney to 20% Kaska. It's understandable that most people would associate it with Debney, just like Zimmer's scores are all associated with, well, Zimmer!

Well, the additional music composed credit is right there on the front cover of the album... and he did write "Diviner Battle", which is one of the score's major highlights.

Anyway, the composing ratio is more then that (plus, he was the head orchestrator as well.) I'm not sure why Kaska didn't get co-composer credit on some of the tracks on the new La La Land release. For instance, on the digital and promo copies of the score Kaska gets a co-composing credit for the "Civilization Theme," which is now bizarrely re-named "Love Theme" on the La La Land album with Debney getting the only credit. confused

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  9. Erik Woods wrote
    Well, the additional music composed credit is right there on the front cover of the album... and he did write "Diviner Battle", which is one of the score's major highlights.

Oh, absolutely. smile

Erik Woods wrote
    Anyway, the composing ratio is more then that (plus, he was the head orchestrator as well.) I'm not sure why Kaska didn't get co-composer credit on some of the tracks on the new La La Land release. For instance, on the digital and promo copies of the score Kaska gets a co-composing credit for the "Civilization Theme," which is now bizarrely re-named "Love Theme" on the La La Land album with Debney getting the only credit. confused

-Erik-

That's interesting...and weird! I didn't know that! What other cues from the LLL are co-attributed to Kaska on the promo, if I might ask?

Then again, maybe it's the promo that's incorrect?
  10. Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

I was thinking it but I restrained myself...that was a mistake. shame
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Watch the banana skins SteveO! tongue wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Ducking autocorrect. slant
  11. NP: The Fountain (2006) - Clint Mansell

Grippingly beautiful. Transcendent.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The Ghost and the Darkness - Jerry Goldsmith

Very good, darling.
  12. Thanks!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    O Pioneers - Brucey Bonus

Very good, darling.
  13. NP: Travelling Birds (2003) - Bruno Coulais

This too is very good, my dear.
  14. Southall wrote
    The Ghost and the Darkness - Jerry Goldsmith

Very good, darling.

You know, everytime I see that film name, I'm reminded of thise FSM post:

Apr 6, 2009 - 12:18 AM
    By: Shaun Rutherford

I went out with this girl once who completely ruined the main theme for this, so if you don't want to know why, please don't read anything beyond this sentence:

FROSTY THE SNOWMAN
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  15. David OC wrote

Lovely indeed. I think he referenced this a bit in his score to Inside Man.