• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Scribe wrote
    You're all wrong due to your lack of sufficient daily prostration at the divine altar of Man of Steel. cheesy

Ah, the 6th Circle of Drumhell.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  2. Demetris wrote
    Captain Future wrote
    I would rather think of Trevor Morris than of McCreary, as much as I love his "Battlestar" scores. But as I said: I am fine with what Djawadi did, especially with seasons 3 and 4.

Morris? Yeah, 'cause his double chance for an epic score, Vikings I and II was sooo good rolleyes

And I suppose you haven't heard his music for The Tudors or Pillars of the Earth?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2014 edited
    I have. Tudors has some nice elements but overall too much underscore. Pillars of the Earth is good indeed. However i don't think i'd prefer him over anyone else really. Not too many plus points to make him stand out yet.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  3. I somewhat agree, but it does show that he can write good TV music - better than The Vikings, anyways vomit
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2014
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    I somewhat agree, but it does show that he can write good TV music - better than The Vikings, anyways vomit

Well he did show some good elements so far; let's hope he surpasses the low, disappointing level of stuff like the Vikings and deliver. beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJul 9th 2014 edited
    NP : MASADA - Jerry Goldsmith

One of the great TV scores. Brilliant!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Very good use of the word brilliant, Timmer. Take note, Thor.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oh dear, what is the Thunderer liking now? rolleyes wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Timmer wrote

Which recording? I prefer the concertant suites that JG recorded for MCA and that were later released on CD by Varese.
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
  5. Demetris wrote
    I have. Tudors has some nice elements but overall too much underscore. Pillars of the Earth is good indeed. However i don't think i'd prefer him over anyone else really. Not too many plus points to make him stand out yet.

The Tudors S 4 and Pillars of the Earth stand out like the Tour Eiffel. IMHO.

V.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Captain Future wrote
    Timmer wrote

Which recording? I prefer the concertant suites that JG recorded for MCA and that were later released on CD by Varese.

The old Varese release which had the same content as the LP release.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I have the Varese
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Captain Future wrote
    Demetris wrote

The Tudors S 4 and Pillars of the Earth stand out like the Tour Eiffel. IMHO.

V.

Tudors s4, is it out yet? (the score)
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Transformers IV - Steve Jablonsky

This may be the least bad thing Jablonsky's ever written. It's still awful, but not quite in the same league of desperation as his other things. The Zimmer/Batman rip-offs are so hilarious it almost makes it worthwhile.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Sounds like a winner.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Oh, and the Man of Steel rip-offs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You had me at desperation.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    "When I first met Kerry I saw immediately that she had the one quality I'd always been looking for in a woman - desperation" - first line of my wedding speech.
  6. I'm thinking of Christopher Walken in his skits on SNL as the guy bringing a woman to his room, and totally screwing things up. It's funny Jablonsky can make that happen.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    "When I first met Kerry I saw immediately that she had the one quality I'd always been looking for in a woman - desperation" - first line of my wedding speech.

biggrin
  7. Southall wrote

This may be the least bad thing Jablonsky's ever written.

Obligatory Reminder That Steamboy Exists
    • CommentAuthorJosh B
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2014
    Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Michael Giacchino

Lost with a bigger orchestra. Not my favorite sound from this composer. Some of the action music is well-crafted but this album is way too long. It'll probably join "Land of the Lost" and "Let Me In" as Giacchino scores I never listen to.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Southall wrote

This may be the least bad thing Jablonsky's ever written.

Obligatory Reminder That Steamboy Exists

Oh yes... and I'm starting to think that was ghost written.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steamboy ain't all that anyway.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : TRANSFORMERS IV: FRANCHISE NOT EXTINCT YET - Steven Jablonsky

I'm about 20 minutes in and everything I don't like about most modern film music is here.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    NP : TRANSFORMERS IV: FRANCHISE NOT EXTINCT YET - Steven Jablonsky

I'm about 20 minutes in and everything I don't like about most modern film music is here.

By great Ammutseba, devourer of stars, this thing is 77 MINUTES LONG!!!!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...if anyone can point out a track that's good then let me know and I'll give it a listen, I've had enough and turned that shit off!

NP : THE AMAZING SPIDERMAN - James Horner

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Much better! cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote
    By great Ammutseba, devourer of stars, this thing is 77 MINUTES LONG!!!!

Just remember, Pain is not gain, it's bread.
    Kazoo
  8. Timmer wrote

By great Ammutseba, devourer of stars, ...

Are you the gatekeeper?

NP: Maleficent (2014) - James Newton Howard

Scores like these made me a film music connoiseur.

Volker
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    is this thing really that bad? I got a download but haven't had time to listen to it yet. I'm talking about the Ape soundtrack. smile
    Tom
    listen to more classical music!