• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Captain Future wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    Yeah, I can definitely see the Blade Runner parallels, with the film as well ("Is Cobb still dreaming?" being the new "Is Deckard a replicant?").

The story of Inception also ows heavily to Philip K. Dick.

Yeah, it is a bit like Nolan's own Ubik.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  2. lp wrote
    Edmund Meinerts wrote
    lp wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    NP: Captain America - The Winter Soldier - Henry Jackman

tongue

The only thing I would like to change about the album is the inclusion of more Captain America theme.

The only thing I would like to change about the album is the exclusion of everything on it.

It would be easier to just stop playing it. spin shocked

That's what I'm doing, believe me. smile
  3. John Debney - Iron Man 2

Much more fun than I remembered. Helped by rewatching the movie a week ago smile
  4. lp wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    NP: Captain America - The Winter Soldier - Henry Jackman

tongue

The only thing I would like to change about the album is the inclusion of more Captain America theme.

It´s credited at the end of the movie, so it must be in there somewhere, although I didn´t hear it, and I don´t hear it in "Smithsonian", either, but that might be because I´ve never heard more than a couple of tracks at once from Silvestri´s score outside the movie and I´m not sure about what the main theme comprises beside the obvious part quoted by Tyler in Thor 2.
  5. Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Thor wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Thor wrote
    Of course. Same here; loads of nostalgia tied to that series. But that's just a theme. I'm not sure I would want a full DYNASTY or FALCON CREST album despite Conti's indelible themes.

I would buy an album with rerecorded suits.

Yeah, maybe in the style of the wonderful NORTH & SOUTH/THE RIGHT STUFF CD. But only after having sampled it first.

Yup, just like that. That one was my first CD, BTW. Oh, those memories... saw it in a shop and had to have it, despite the fact that I didn´t even have a CD player back then in... what was it... 1986? 87? Something like that... great album, fantastic sound, and I had been hoping for a score for both of these jewels for some time then...

Today in the mail:

NP: North and South / The Right Stuff - Bill Conti

I never was aware of this album until this post. Great Stuff! Thanks for mentioning it!

Volker
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014 edited
    Captain Future wrote
    Today in the mail:

I never was aware of this album until this post. Great Stuff! Thanks for mentioning it!

Volker

Really? REALLY?! angry

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014
    NP : FIRST KNIGHT - Jerry Goldsmith

cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    punk
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Captain Future wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Thor wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Thor wrote
    Of course. Same here; loads of nostalgia tied to that series. But that's just a theme. I'm not sure I would want a full DYNASTY or FALCON CREST album despite Conti's indelible themes.

I would buy an album with rerecorded suits.

Yeah, maybe in the style of the wonderful NORTH & SOUTH/THE RIGHT STUFF CD. But only after having sampled it first.

Yup, just like that. That one was my first CD, BTW. Oh, those memories... saw it in a shop and had to have it, despite the fact that I didn´t even have a CD player back then in... what was it... 1986? 87? Something like that... great album, fantastic sound, and I had been hoping for a score for both of these jewels for some time then...

Today in the mail:

Volker

thumbs <-- thumbs
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2014 edited
    NP: The Pirate Fairy - Joel McNeely

First listen...

It's a very special day whenever you get a chance to hear a new Joel McNeely score!

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Patton - Jerry Goldsmith

The 1970 album re-recording (easily my favourite of the three available presentations). A classic amongst classics.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2014
    Southall wrote
    Patton - Jerry Goldsmith

The 1970 album re-recording (easily my favourite of the three available presentations). A classic amongst classics.

Agree!

NP : THE LIST OF ADRIAN MESSENGER - Jerry Goldsmith

Wonderful! Really enjoying this release. Will you be reviewing it James?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    Jaws 3D - Alan Parker

Have never heard another note of film music ever composed by Parker besides this, but it's a brilliant score in its own right with only a minimum of Williams quotations.
    • CommentAuthorDavid OC
    The Grand Budapest Hotel - Alexandre Desplat

Can't help listening to this again after seeing the glorious, near-perfect film it was written for last night. A magical union of staggeringly talented artists.
  6. I'm going to see it in a couple of hours, very excited smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I'm not very excited, as I usually can't stand Wes Anderson. But I'll probably see it nonetheless, since all my colleagues rave about it (but they like Anderson in general).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorAtham
    David OC wrote
    Jaws 3D - Alan Parker

Have never heard another note of film music ever composed by Parker besides this, but it's a brilliant score in its own right with only a minimum of Williams quotations.

I like Jaws 3D. Quite different to the Williams scores mostly. It's a beast unto itself.
    I think Alan Parker quotes Rite Of Spring more often than any Jaws music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2014 edited
    NP : KINGDOMS OF AMALUR: THE RECKONING - Grant Kirkhope

Superb game score. Orchestral with some great detail and at times influenced by Shore's LOTR work and some Herrmannesque passages but I'll take that over anything MV/RC. Some fade-outs are a bit irritating.
  7. Thor wrote
    I'm not very excited, as I usually can't stand Wes Anderson. But I'll probably see it nonetheless, since all my colleagues rave about it (but they like Anderson in general).

Sigh. It's a good thing we don't have to agree about anything, because we so rarely do. wink

NP: Noah (Clint Mansell)

Some nice tracks here. Not quite as beautiful a listen as Fountain, but the music is shaped a bit more to what's actually happening in the film, so pure musical flow is a bit of a casualty.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : ARTHUR OF THE BRITONS - Paul Lewis / Elmer Bernstein

One of last years best releases.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE LAST VALLEY - John Barry

A great GREAT score!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRalph Kruhm
    Timmer wrote

A great GREAT score!

Couldn´t agree more. Both the original and the re-recording get regular spins here, often back-to-back with its siblings, The Lion in Winter & Mary, Queen of Scots. After that, I´m almost always in serious need to behead someone. dizzy
  8. NP: Pacific Rim (2013) - Ramin Djawadi

I'm not at all againt modern style action scores if they are well executed. As this one. The score is one of the most memorable things about this largely forgettable film.

Volker
  9. NP: Inception (2010) - Hans Zimmer

One of his best indeed.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2014
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Timmer wrote

A great GREAT score!

Couldn´t agree more. Both the original and the re-recording get regular spins here, often back-to-back with its siblings, The Lion in Winter & Mary, Queen of Scots. After that, I´m almost always in serious need to behead someone. dizzy

biggrin beer
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : POPE JOAN - Marcel Barsotti

My goodness but this is absolutely lovely! Gorgeous and properly thematic main theme too, some of the scoring reminds me of Nino Rota.
  10. Timmer wrote
    NP : POPE JOAN - Marcel Barsotti

My goodness but this is absolutely lovely! Gorgeous and properly thematic main theme too, some of the scoring reminds me of Nino Rota.

Thank you for this. I´ve never seen the movie or heard that score before. I just checked it on youtube, and WOW. The first two tracks I listened to reminded me of James Newton Howard´s quiet Shyamalan style (a bit like The Village), but another was spot on with regards to Rota. Combined with the loads of choral stuff it seems to have it´s a must buy for me, I´m "afraid".
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Glad I could be of service Ralph. smile

NP : RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK - John Williams

Some bloke with a hat plus a mate or two finds a boat load of animals and steals them. Good music though.
  11. Doesn´t ring a bell either. Is it worth checking out?