• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2014
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Doesn´t ring a bell either. Is it worth checking out?

It's okay if you like that sort of thing. It's a MacGuyver rip-off but the music is a bit better.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Does it have any themes? I hate themes.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes but it's not as thematic as, say, Alex North's 2001.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. I´ve looked at the track list.

"The Well of Souls" sounds like something Manowar could have written. Any Metal tracks on the album?

Also, I need my daily load of dubstep. "Desert Chase" sounds like an AWESOME dubstep action track. If not, I really hope this thing works within the movie, even if that´s a cheap MacGuyver rip-off.

Hell, give me the original any day.
  3. You two stop that! You stop it now!
    Bach's music is vibrant and inspired.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2014 edited
    NP: BLANCANIEVES (Alfonso de Vilallonga)

This 2012 film is really strange, but fascinating (in a sort of arthouse silent film aesthetic) as it tries to reinterpret the Snow White myth. However, the score is fantastic -- lush, oldfashioned, symphonic. This guy is going somewhere -- and of course he's Spanish (I think)!
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Die Hard: Whatever, the latest one Marco Beltrami

My favourite Beltrami score.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote

Them's fighting words, especially when put up against his fantastic 90s efforts. Unless you were being ironic, of course.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

Not my favourite but it is bloody good!
  4. Steven wrote

Hopefully the producers don't get on this board or they just might use the proposed title biggrin
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I don't think I've heard his 90s scores, but I think his modern action writing is brilliant. Plus he references a lot of Kamen's music in his Die Hard scores, and brilliantly so. I just love it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Lair - John Debney

Hard to believe it's as good as it is. I'm rapidly coming to the
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Southall wrote
    Lair - John Debney

Hard to believe it's as good as it is. I'm rapidly coming to the

....end?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2014 edited
    NP: 30° I FEBRUARI (Andreas Söderström & Johan Berthling)

Great, intimate score with exotic elements relating to the Thai setting in this Swedish film. I'm not sure if it has a commercial soundtrack release.
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Thor wrote

This 2012 film is really strange, but fascinating (in a sort of arthouse silent film aesthetic) as it tries to reinterpret the Snow White myth. However, the score is fantastic -- lush, oldfashioned, symphonic. This guy is going somewhere -- and of course he's Spanish (I think)!

Is this one purchasable?

NP: Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Mccreary)

'Deathbed and Maelstrom' -- truly Wow. Thematic weave at its strongest. Who knew when Richard Gibb started down this road in 2003 it was going to pave the way for a thematic universe this developed. (And yes, I'd rate this above LOTR as an accomplishment in creating a universe of interconnected musical ideas.)
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2014
    franz_conrad wrote
    Thor wrote

Is this one purchasable?

NP: Battlestar Galactica Season 3 (Mccreary)

'Deathbed and Maelstrom' -- truly Wow. Thematic weave at its strongest. Who knew when Richard Gibb started down this road in 2003 it was going to pave the way for a thematic universe this developed. (And yes, I'd rate this above LOTR as an accomplishment in creating a universe of interconnected musical ideas.)

And who knew that Richard Gibbs wouldn't even be the most famous film composer coming out of Oingo Boingo? wink

I'm not sure about BLANCANIEVES' availability, soundtrack-wise. I have a promo.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. It was sold with DVDs of the movie, I think?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  7. Timmer wrote
    NP : KINGDOMS OF AMALUR: THE RECKONING - Grant Kirkhope
    Superb game score. Orchestral with some great detail and at times influenced by Shore's LOTR work and some Herrmannesque passages but I'll take that over anything MV/RC. Some fade-outs are a bit irritating.

Regarding the fade-outs, Grant told me that the album's executive producer told him to do it, "to give the appearance of the music not ending". Whatever that means. He doesn't like them either.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Jon Broxton wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : KINGDOMS OF AMALUR: THE RECKONING - Grant Kirkhope
    Superb game score. Orchestral with some great detail and at times influenced by Shore's LOTR work and some Herrmannesque passages but I'll take that over anything MV/RC. Some fade-outs are a bit irritating.

Regarding the fade-outs, Grant told me that the album's executive producer told him to do it, "to give the appearance of the music not ending". Whatever that means. He doesn't like them either.

I couldn't have imagined it was the composers decision. Fade outs would be fine on very quiet tracks but these happen during big rousing tracks, it's a jarring effect that momentarily takes me out of the music.
  8. Steven wrote
    I don't think I've heard his 90s scores, but I think his modern action writing is brilliant. Plus he references a lot of Kamen's music in his Die Hard scores, and brilliantly so. I just love it.

yeah

Best straight action score of 2013.
  9. Thor wrote

Great, intimate score with exotic elements relating to the Thai setting in this Swedish film. I'm not sure if it has a commercial soundtrack release.

Digital download release only I think.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

Digital download release only I think.

Yeah, probably. With 70 minutes and the nature of the music, it's a bit on the long side, I grant that, but some excellent cues here nonetheless. A brilliant 45-minute program is in here somewhere.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeApr 5th 2014
    Demolition Man Elliot Goldenthal

O Score Gods, hear my prayers; let this composer come back to us!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Steven wrote
    Demolition Man Elliot Goldenthal

O Score Gods, hear my prayers; let this composer come back to us!

He actually has several albums coming out, but no film music as of yet. Also, I believe he doesn't want to do Hollywood action films anymore, so if he does anything even remotely in the area of DEMOLITION MAN, I'd be extremely surprised.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    That settles it then. We kidnap Goldenthal, and force him to write action scores.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    That settles it then. We kidnap Goldenthal, and force him to write fantasy scores.

Agree!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    That settles it then. We kidnap Goldenthal, and force him to write any fucking scores.

Agree!

Good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    That settles it then. We kidnap Goldenthal, and force him to write any fucking scores.

Agree!

Good!

:like: Now we're talking applause
  10. How about just Thor kidnaps him, that way when he's found, two birds with one stone.....

wink
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.