• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2011
    Here you go Thor...

"Not With My wife, You Don't" (Volume 2)
    By: John Williams
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … ONT-VOL-2/

Time to dig into your completist savings.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    That must be about the least-likely score I can think of to get a Volume 2!
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    ...I didn't even know there was a Volume 1.

Oh, the things that one can profit from, as long as the right name is affixed...
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    Here you go Thor...

"Not With My wife, You Don't" (Volume 2)
    By: John Williams
    http://www.screenarchives.com/title_det … ONT-VOL-2/

Time to dig into your completist savings.

Meh.....this one falls outside my category, as I already have a sufficient representation of the score (the earlier LP program).

It's a pass for me, Williams or not.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    pass for me also
    listen to more classical music!
  1. This just in from the review of the blu-ray release of the Star Wars box-set and it raised a smile on my face reading this paragraph:

"Okay, let me calm down for a second before I fly off in a tornado of hyperbole. Really, though; these tracks are that good. If you've yet to experience John Williams' Star Wars theme in glorious 6.1 channel lossless audio, you've got quite a treat coming. Williams' cues are some of the most recognizable and hummable in the known universe, and they sound spectacular here, from the lilting and quiet heartswelling of Leia's theme to the balls-out, brash militancy of Vader's unstoppable death march, which feels like the brass section of the orchestra is clubbing you in the face with their instruments. In the best way imaginable. All of the music is grand, filling every channel, with distinct placement of the instruments in the soundspace. Rich, dynamic, full—you name it, that's what these scores are."

Source

Gonna get my copy soon enough and prepare for the sonic onslaught of the year...
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. I was browsing through Charles Fox's book, Killing Me softly: My Life In Music, when I stumbled upon something interesting I had not known:

He says he one day recieved a call from a director he had never heard of who really liked a song he did for a film, and wanted him to come over and talk about scoring the film. Unfortunately, the page that has the details (168) is hidden in Google Books, but the film:

"The Sugarland Express"
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011 edited
    Deleted
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011
    I wasn't aware either. smile
    Thanks, Justin.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011 edited
    Deleted
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  3. Maybe it's the fact that he called Charles Fox before is the fact that is generally unknown?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
  4. And I also read somewhere that Jaws was a coin toss between Williams and Jerry Goldsmith
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2011
    I've never heard the Fox story before. If anything, I would have thought Billy Goldenberg to be the hot candidate based on their previous collaborations. But I do know for a fact that the Williams/Goldsmith/JAWS story is bollocks, most likely a rumour set out by rabid Goldsmith fans.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2011
    My bad... I thought this was Fox retelling the Williams story. Nevermind what I wrote... I'm running on empty. I've had about 6 hours sleep in the past 72 hours. So sorry Justin. Thanks for sharing the story.

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeSep 20th 2011
    Thor wrote
    , most likely a rumour set out by rabid Goldsmith fans.

FSM got a proper grass roots movement together? shocked
    wink
    Erik Woods wrote
    I'm running on empty. I've had about 6 hours sleep in the past 72 hours.

I hear ya, ol' buddy. beer
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. I read tiny bit, scanning through his book. It was a good read. He went on to say telling somebody else at a studio he was working on a score at, at the time, about it, the guy brought up "Duel" and another film.

Fox also told about how exciting it was that his designated parking space then was right inbetween Henry Macini and another famous person I forgot the name of.

If I ever find the book, I'll check out the page hidden, and let you guys know what happened.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2011 edited
    Less than a month before we get to own the new Williams, and I'm sure we'll be hearing clips sooner, because according to Amazon UK the soundtrack to THE ADVENTURES OF TINTIN will be released on October 24th! It will be released by Sony Music.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adventures-Tint … amp;sr=8-1

We'll have to wait a little longer for WAR HORSE, which will be released on December 26th, also courtesy of Sony Music.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/War-Horse-John- … _h__text_b
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 25th 2011
    TWO JW scores!!! cool lick

John Williams is now the only living composer I will buy blind.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  6. Good luck!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  7. Timmer wrote
    TWO JW scores!!! cool lick

John Williams is now the only living composer I will buy blind.

Same here! I just cannot believe Tintin and War Horse will not have some music that will blow everything else written these past years out of the water. It's the maestro, and he's back after a three year hiatus... so yeah pretty much impossible that he will disappoint me. cheesy
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2011 edited
    Same here! Blind buy on day one. And! We European people, especially you Belgians, get the movie TINTIN very early! So only a few more weeks before we can see the film, AND hear the score! And America needs to wait a few more months! HA!
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeSep 26th 2011
    An interview with 1941 Expanded Edition producer Mike Matessino

http://www.jwfan.com/?p=929

-Erik-
  8. This was surprisingly funny, though the faux "Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist" animation got annoying after a while:

http://vimeo.com/22420613
    • CommentAuthorBasilB
    • CommentTimeOct 2nd 2011
    Track Listing for Tintin:

1. The Adventures Of Tintin
    2. Snowy's Theme
    3. The Secret Of The Scrolls
    4. Introducing The Thompsons And Snowy's Chase
    5. Marlinspike Hall
    6. Escape From The Karaboudjan
    7. Sir Francis And The Unicorn
    8. Captain Haddock Takes The Oars
    9. Red Rackham's Curse And The Treasure
    10. Capturing Mr. Silk
    11. The Flight To Bagghar
    12. The Milanese Nightingale
    13. Presenting Bianca Castafiore
    14. The Pursuit Of The Falcon
    15. The Captain's Counsel
    16. The Clash Of The Cranes
    17. The Return To Marlinspike Hall And Finale
    18. The Adventure Continues
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_j4DmhuCLdKE/T … o_want.jpg
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    INSTANT. BUY.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    yeah
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I was hesitant because the bitter taste of Crystal Skull is still in my mouth...

...but purchased.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Good luck!

that says a lot
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    My prediction: whatever Tintin is like it will get an overwhelmingly negative reception here and on other boards. Williams scores are so rare, expectations are so high, he will never be able to live up to them.