• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2010
    BobdH wrote
    So, bottom line, do I need to order this? The clips sound like a lot of fun, but I've yet to see a reaction from a guy/girl who loves the score beginning to end - so are these the only highlights of the disc? Or is it just one of those scores that has generated a buzz simply because it wasn't available all those years and works best in just a prolonged suite?

With 5000 copies you have the luxury of being able to watch the film in the next few of weeks and deciding if you want the score. It's a fun score from what I remember in the movie.
  1. The score is really fun and cool and I love it.

I can't afford this CD though, so it's a pass.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm ordering cool I've always loved this score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    BobdH wrote
    Ok, so this appears again to be one of those scores where fanboys are creating a hype over, of which it would be FAN-TAS-TIC if it would finally get a release, so when I saw this I thought HITCHCOCK + WILLIAMS = AWESOME, and it turns out to get a reception like 'meh', 'not one of his best', 'lots of underscore', and my conviction that I had to have this, gets underwhelmed quicker than a flame dies in ice water.

So, bottom line, do I need to order this? The clips sound like a lot of fun, but I've yet to see a reaction from a guy/girl who loves the score beginning to end - so are these the only highlights of the disc? Or is it just one of those scores that has generated a buzz simply because it wasn't available all those years and works best in just a prolonged suite?

The latter, I think.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    yeah
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Aren't most of these "holy grails" like that? Especially with something like Family Plot, where only one man and his dog has ever seen the film and most people probably have no idea what the music's like. There certainly are some titles which develop an aura around them just because they're unavailable, then they become available and everyone quickly forgets all about them. Or perhaps everyone is still playing their Black Sunday CD a couple of times a day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Southall wrote
    Or perhaps everyone is still playing their Black Sunday CD a couple of times a day.

applause
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorfommes
    Southall wrote
    Aren't most of these "holy grails" like that? Especially with something like Family Plot, where only one man and his dog has ever seen the film and most people probably have no idea what the music's like. There certainly are some titles which develop an aura around them just because they're unavailable, then they become available and everyone quickly forgets all about them. Or perhaps everyone is still playing their Black Sunday CD a couple of times a day.

Really? Family Plot is from William's golden age, and has a great theme with harpsichord (or how is it called?). It's not really well known perhaps, but it's quite vintage Williams, the whole CD. I don't play the bootleg that often either, but that has more to do with its subpar sound. Very excited about this. The film, btw, has got its moments, but it's rather subpar for Hitchcock.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010
    New edition of Home Alone from La-La Land.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 26th 2010
    Doesn't hold much interest for me, as I use the old CBS album pretty much as a concept album around Christmas time these days (and as such dependent upon the mix between score and songs). When that album is finished, I've pretty much got my holiday fix.
    I am extremely serious.
  2. Of course it doesn't hold much interest for you Thor. Tell us something we don't already know. tongue

And I totally prefer Home Alone 2 complete anyway. Much more Williams magic.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    DreamTheater wrote
    Of course it doesn't hold much interest for you Thor. Tell us something we don't already know. tongue

I prefer to brush my teeth with a soft toothbrush.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    biggrin
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    A soft toothbrush? Ugh.

I like the Home Alone scores. Always get a play or two around Christmas.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010 edited
    Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Of course it doesn't hold much interest for you Thor. Tell us something we don't already know. tongue

Now that I didn't know... What's next? smile
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010
    His BFF is LeHah.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2011
    Really... interesting.

‘Jurassic Park’ Theme Song Slowed Down To Create Hour Long Symphony

Afghanistan-based musician Birdfeeder decided to slow down composer John Williams‘ Jurassic Park theme song eighteen times, which surprisingly resulted in a beautiful hour-long ambient symphony which you must hear for yourself.

http://www.slashfilm.com/listen-jurassi … -symphony/

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    My first reaction upon reading the description was "oh my God... no", but to be honest, this works pretty well! It's actually rather beautiful, to be honest.
  3. An amazing experiment. What kind of software is able to do such a thing?

Never knew Williams could sound like Vangelis. Pretty nifty actually. cool

At times it even sounds like Michael Land's The Dig. Double cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    DreamTheater wrote
    An amazing experiment. What kind of software is able to do such a thing?

Never knew Williams could sound like Vangelis. Pretty nifty actually. cool

At times it even sounds like Michael Land's The Dig. Double cool

Yeah, I got those THE DIG vibes too. And from 30:00, it really sounds like Vangelis. Not exciting all around, but some interesting bits here and there.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBobdH
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2011 edited
    It certainly tends to drag and get a bit old after a while, but cool nonetheless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSylvos
    Erik Woods wrote
    ‘Jurassic Park’ Theme Song Slowed Down To Create Hour Long Symphony

Wow. Listening to it with the lights out and it feels like a trip to the outer-space. Way, way out. Loving it! Thanks for the share!
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    It's beautiful and interesting stuff, and kinda Vangelissy, but I feel kinda impatient listening to it. "Get on with it!"

Peter smile
  4. Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

smile
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
  5. plindboe wrote
    It's beautiful and interesting stuff, and kinda Vangelissy, but I feel kinda impatient listening to it. "Get on with it!"

Peter smile

Exactly, after listening to it 10 minutes or so, you just want it to end... But put this under jawdropping scenes from space, nebula's, planets, the known universe, you know Imax quality stuff and it could very well be the most mesmerizing piece of film ever since 2001: A Space Odyssey. Maybe someone should give it a go.
  6. franz_conrad wrote
    Thor wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

smile

Fail, because we knew that a couple of weeks already. dizzy
  7. Forgive me for not spending every waking minute keeping up with the latest message board tidbits. tongue
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2011 edited
    ^
    that's gotta hurt!

...or 'take sting' as we used to say as kids wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Tomanddandy, asche and spencer, michael brooks do that kind of music for years now and most people call it 'crap' and snooze-fest.

You people are amazing!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    Tomanddandy, asche and spencer, michael brooks do that kind of music for years now and most people call it 'crap' and snooze-fest.

You people are amazing!

But... but... it's the theme from Jurassic Park... which IS amazing!!!