• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009
    Uh-oh...did you pay already?

Cancel the bank transfer or call your credit card company IMMEDIATELY!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Christodoulides wrote
    Where did you place the order at?

Fotoconnection.com

Martijn wrote
    Uh-oh...did you pay already?

Cancel the bank transfer or call your credit card company IMMEDIATELY!

It was a credit card transaction. I guess I'll call the credit card company now and try to cancel this. It hasn't yet appeared in my account.
    But I see from the cancellation policy that they'll charge 15% for cancellation.

But here's the problem-- at this point I have no proof that these guys are scammers except for a whole bunch of reviews online. Will this be enough for the CC company?

Most items enter the shipping process 30 minutes after you place your order. You may cancel entire orders within these first 30 minutes. You must call to request a cancellation anytime before your item ships and we will make every effort to honor your cancellation request. All cancellations must be made verbal with one of our customer service represetatives. If your order has already entered the shipment process, however, we might not be able to cancel it and it might ship despite your request. If this happens, simply refuse the order or contact us for a RMA. Cancellations are honored via phone only with a live representative; e-mail cancellation requests are considered invalid as we cannot guarantee it will reach us and/or get read before your item leaves our location.

If you have already signed your Credit Card Authorization, meaning the items have been routed to the shipping department and/or our drop-ship vendor, or for orders that have been partially billed, there will be a cancellation fee of 15% to cover fees for processing and those fees associated with the credit card companies and/or vendors.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    If you wanted a cheap Pana camera you should have let me know. I can get stuff cheaper in staff sales!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    ^ Noted for future reference :greedy-grin:

BhelPuri, if you're in serious doubt, I'd take the 15% rather than risk losing the entire amount altogether.
    You could also have a look at your credit card's policy on fraud and embezzlement: many credit cards will refund the full amount if you're swindled, but it does depend on the credit card type and the company.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 3rd 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    ^ Noted for future reference :greedy-grin:
    BhelPuri, if you're in serious doubt, I'd take the 15% rather than risk losing the entire amount altogether.
    You could also have a look at your credit card's policy on fraud and embezzlement: many credit cards will refund the full amount if you're swindled, but it does depend on the credit card type and the company.

I called up my CC and they said that they can't cancel the transaction since it hasn't appeared in the account as yet. But they did mention that I can dispute the transaction once it is posted or once I get the product and am not satisfied with it (Amex provides free Return Protection)

Anthony wrote
    If you wanted a cheap Pana camera you should have let me know. I can get stuff cheaper in staff sales!

Ack! Didn't know about that. I wanted a simple & cheap Point & Shoot camera for my parents. I went for Canon A590IS because it uses AA batteries (easy to use in India) and has slightly large buttons (less strain on eyes). Plus it has a viewfinder. Looks like Canon is discontinuing this product so it's being reported as sold out in many places. Fotoconnection is offering it for $125 and Amazon for $144. I went for the former sad Now I know!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Anthony wrote

Really!? shocked slant

I just bought the Panasonic DMC TF-1, a tad expensive as I seldom buy something that expensive. I wanted a camera that I could put in my pocket, could handle some violent, since I'm mostly unhandy with these type of things. It has 4.6 optical zoom, HD video and it is water and dust proof as well. I just can't break it. biggrin
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm surprised with a camera that you didn't go through a place like Amazon confused
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2009
    If you have any questions about the digital camera let me know. I was and still am involved in photography.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2009 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I'm surprised with a camera that you didn't go through a place like Amazon confused

Yep, I really should have gone with Amazon. But it's one of the habits that come with being a poor grad student-- you're always googling to find the cheapest rate. tongue

sdtom wrote
    If you have any questions about the digital camera let me know. I was and still am involved in photography.
    Thomas

Cool! One thing I have to figure out is what ISO mode to choose for various lighting cases. But I guess it makes sense to get the camera first and then play with the settings.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2009
    Yes, what's the ISO thing?
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009
    The higher the ISO the more sensitive it is to light. This is just like ASA or DIN like film. However, the higher ISO numbers will produce poorer color, grainier pictures, and make a larger file. Example: Here is how it works
    1.... 1/125 at 5.6 at 100
    2.... 1/250 at 5.6 at 200
    3.... 1/500 at 5.6 at 400
    4.... 1/1000 at 5.6 at 800
    Thus, you could photograph high speed action. If you were doing soccer as an example at 1/125 the movement would be blurred but at 1/1000 it would stop the action. You could also vary the fstop to gain greater depth of field. Hope this helps.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2009
    still have a tooth issue, yikes
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2009
    Maureen asks me if I want something (tofu) in my stir fry vegetables to which I reply no. She puts it in anyway and then doesn't want to eat it. Go figure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    Maureen asks me if I want something (tofu) in my stir fry vegetables to which I reply no. She puts it in anyway and then doesn't want to eat it. Go figure.

It's called "women" wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    sdtom wrote

Mel is veggie so I'm used to that. I like tofu in stir fry lick
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDreamTheater
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009 edited
    I don't post here often, but I think it's time I put my complaints on the table.

I mean it's just incredible I got annoyed this way earlier today. And this happens every time. It's not the end of the world I know, but damn I'm always terribly annoyed by it.

What the hell am I talking about? sad

You ever got new CDs in the mail? You know how they're always wrapped up in case they would break following an earthquake, right? How they're sealed up top with that small plastic strip with the score info that sticks to the front and back of the box and keeps it closed. I can never get that off in a clean way. I always end up screwing up my boxes (leaving sticky residue), and I always end up using my spares cases to replace them, and that's what's been annoying me today. Can't they seriously think of another way to do this? crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy

Phew, that felt good...

I've calmed down.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2009
    DreamTheater wrote
    I don't post here often, but I think it's time I put my complaints on the table.

I mean it's just incredible I got annoyed this way earlier today. And this happens every time. It's not the end of the world I know, but damn I'm always terribly annoyed by it.

You ever got new CDs in the mail? You know how they're always wrapped up in case they would break following an earthquake, right? How they're sealed up top with that small plastic strip with the score info that sticks to the front and back of the box and keeps it closed. I can never get that off in a clean way. I always end up screwing up my boxes (leaving sticky residue), and I always end up using my spares cases to replace them, and that's what's been annoying me today. Can't they seriously think of another way to do this? crazy crazy crazy crazy crazy

Phew, that felt good...

I've calmed down.

CD's shipped inside and throughout Europe don't have that crap i think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    A discussion involving popular music last night
  1. Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Phew, that felt good...

I've calmed down.

Yeah just the ones that come over from Intrada and SAE. It nearly makes me want to stop buying them there, but then I would miss a ton of good stuff.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    At least jewel cases can be purchased for a nominal amount of money and replaced.
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    sdtom wrote

It's called "women" wink

haha, man you beat me to it smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Phew, that felt good...

I've calmed down.

Yeah just the ones that come over from Intrada and SAE. It nearly makes me want to stop buying them there, but then I would miss a ton of good stuff.

Well, if they come you're lucky. My copy of LET THE RIGHT ONE IN from SAE is still lost in the mail for over a month now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Phew, that felt good...

I've calmed down.

Well, if they come you're lucky. My copy of LET THE RIGHT ONE IN from SAE is still lost in the mail for over a month now.

Cripes!!! shocked slant

We've still heard nothing regarding CD's sent to James either?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. DreamTheater wrote

Phew, that felt good...

I've calmed down.

I find it really annoying also - the way that there's glue left on the CD case. crazy

But there's no consistency: recently I had a package arrive recently and I had two CDs from the same label (Varese, I think) and one of the strips came of beautifully, no residuals...but the other one was sticky, and broke off in millimetre-sized pieces. It took ages to get that one off.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  4. Currently annoying me?

Whenever a CD's released that features a score by Hans Zimmer. There's weeks and weeks of circular discussions (in multiple threads) that don't go anywhere...and then the CDs released. It makes me fed up with the music before I've even heard it!
    rolleyes
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2009
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Currently annoying me?

Whenever a CD's released that features a score by Hans Zimmer. There's weeks and weeks of circular discussions (in multiple threads) that don't go anywhere...and then the CDs released. It makes me fed up with the music before I've even heard it!
    rolleyes

THANK YOU! beer

I bloody well agree.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yep! rolleyes beer
  5. FalkirkBairn wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

Phew, that felt good...

I've calmed down.

I find it really annoying also - the way that there's glue left on the CD case. crazy

But there's no consistency: recently I had a package arrive recently and I had two CDs from the same label (Varese, I think) and one of the strips came of beautifully, no residuals...but the other one was sticky, and broke off in millimetre-sized pieces. It took ages to get that one off.

Yes I know what you mean, but it seems the more recent scores use the annoying sort of strip that leaves traces, with the white info label. I had lots of scores before that used another kind of strip, and those came off easily, just pull and away they went, just like that.

It's silly to make a problem out of this but hey I just thought this would fit nicely in this topic. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    DreamTheater wrote
    Yes I know what you mean, but it seems the more recent scores use the annoying sort of strip that leaves traces, with the white info label. I had lots of scores before that used another kind of strip, and those came off easily, just pull and away they went, just like that.

It's silly to make a problem out of this but hey I just thought this would fit nicely in this topic. wink

I guess you should buy some WD-40. It should be able to remove those sticker residue easily.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    BhelPuri wrote
    DreamTheater wrote

I guess you should buy some WD-40. It should be able to remove those sticker residue easily.

Among other things; wd-40 is pure magic! (and according to some environmental organizations, pure cancer. Although almost everything out there IS that according to them wink