• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeDec 10th 2008
    They're children!? These are the people running our country and they're CHILDREN!?
  1. bunny
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Yeah, I'm not particularly impressed either.
    It would have been funny if Brown only caught up to it later (a la the classic Quaylism "The Holocaust was an American tragedy"), but he caught himself misspeaking and corrected himself immediately.

Poor show.
    slant
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Actually Brown is both active and with good ideas on at least trying to save Europe from the shithole we've thrown our selves into. Hope their plans with Sarkozy will actually work.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote
    trying to save Europe

NOT a Tory priority at the best of times. smile
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    trying to save Europe

NOT a Tory priority at the best of times. smile

You don't know the new way of things... last month I found myself watching a Labour government deliver strangely pointless, but hugely expensive tax cuts... and the Tories being the ones telling them off for lowering taxes at a time it couldn't be afforded. Gordon's one of the only people in the world who is loving the economic problems (even though he put Britain into pretty much the worst position of any Western country, thanks to our freakishly high reliance on the financial services sector) since it's given him an opinion poll boost which is as ironic as it is undeserved.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008

That is a man with no sense of humour... For all the good that he may no doubt bring to the world, he needs to lighten up. I want to pet his dog and cry on his pillow. Poor, poor soul.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregje
    HeeroJF wrote

That is a man with no sense of humour... For all the good that he may no doubt bring to the world, he needs to lighten up. I want to pet his dog and cry on his pillow. Poor, poor soul.

I watched the clip three times and wondered why the people on his side are not laughing. wink
    I don't know who those two are sitting next to him but they have even less sense of humour, their expressionless faces make me wonder if they were actually in the same room...!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    MAX RICHTER; thanks to Martijn; he made my day A LOT better as this man's music is exactly the musical style that really touches me. Splendid stuff.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Excited tonight.

A friend of mine got extra access passes to the Nobel Peace Prize Concert afterparty, where hosts Michael Caine and Scarlet Johansson are also invited. I don't know if they will show up, but it's pretty cool.

It's dress code, so it's no wild partying, I guess. Should be fun(?).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Woooo! punk
    GET PICTURES, Thor! We wanna be there, if only through you!
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thor wrote
    Excited tonight.

A friend of mine got extra access passes to the Nobel Peace Prize Concert afterparty, where hosts Michael Caine and Scarlet Johansson are also invited. I don't know if they will show up, but it's pretty cool.

It's dress code, so it's no wild partying, I guess. Should be fun(?).

Sounds awesome man. Let us know how it goes. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 11th 2008 edited
    I will. I don't have a camera nor a cell phone with camera options, but if Michael Caine is there, I want to say "Hi" at the very least and don't come off as a silly fanboy. Great actor!

Diana Ross is also invited, along with Il Divo, Jason Mraz and others. See http://nobelpeaceprize.org/concert/index.php
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 12th 2008
    Had fun ? HAD FUN? SAW SCARLETT? WOHOOOO BOI!

Scarlet is the third love of my live. Seriously. The other being PENELOPE CRUZ and the other being my own g/f heh. love
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Penelope Cruz?
    Meh.

biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I know; that's what i've been saying too before i watched ELEGY, VOLVER and my absolute dream coming true that is VICKY, CHRISTINA, BARCELONA. Watch 'em and we talk again wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Meh....

Expectedly, there were few celebrities at the party. No Caine. No Scarlett. No Diana Ross. But lots of hot babes. smile

I partied to 4.30 and got up at 9, still somewhat drunk. I have had a heavy day at work, to put it mildly.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Hang in there!!! thumbsup

After all, hanging there might be the best you can do for a while, if you can't stand.
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2008
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Southall wrote
    I met Mickey Rooney today! shocked

Hangin' around outside the Hippodrome waiting slavishly for his autograph were you!? wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Not quite. Was at the Marriott Royal for a Christmas do and there he was, in the lobby.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Wicked. Did you say hi or did you just see him?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    I went over and said hello but didn't want to bother him more than that!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I think the man must be well into his nineties now, right?

Still, nice to meet a proper golden age legend. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 16th 2008 edited
    Southall wrote
    I went over and said hello but didn't want to bother him more than that!

Probably a wise choice, as I've heard he can be somewhat of an asshole to fans that approach him "without warning". Cool that you saw him "live", though.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    He had to put up with it for eighty-odd years... I can imagine patience starting to wear just a wee bit thin at some point. smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, just like a certain Ringo Starr's behaviour recently...and he's barely 60!
    I am extremely serious.
  2. What's happened with Ringo?
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Not too long ago, he made a public announcement that he would not answer any fan mail anymore, nor sign autographs. It was basically a "fuck off" to all his fans.
    I am extremely serious.