• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010
    Well, let's be honest. We are film music geeks. The rest of the world, who outnumbers us violently, doesn't give a fuck who Michael Giacchino is. They ignore his existence. The same goes for the majority of film music composers, or film music in general. It's like a wall of sounds along with the sfx that is in the subconscious and they never notice anyway.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    As I said in the other thread, I'm not a big fan of Giacchino's and I thought the score to UP was rather indifferent (at least it didn't do much for me). But good for him that he won.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    I agree. But millions of people watch Lost and the music is another character of the show. Anyway, i´ve just written the first thing that has come to my mind when listening the question.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeJan 18th 2010 edited
    While people might not necessarily know MG's name, I guarantee there are a lot of pieces (especially from Lost) that your average joe would recognise.

P.S. The press in that interview were a bunch of douches.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    While people might not necessarily know MG's name, I guarantee there are a lot of pieces (especially from Lost) that your average joe would recognise.

Depends what you mean by "average joe" - if you mean an avid follower of Lost then I'd agree but I don't suppose that accounts for a great proportion of the world's population.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Christodoulides wrote
    Good score, but can you say hype? Out of the Marianelli, Morricone, Abel's "a single man", Christopher Gordon's works this year, Young's Creation, Desplat, Soderqvist's EFFIE BRIEST, DIE PÄPSTIN (POE JOAN) and all, UP is the best?

One of the best... ABSOLUTELY!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Marselus wrote
    Michael Giacchino won the Best Score award at The 15th Annual Critics' Choice Awards

he deserved it for Ratatouille.

But CONGRATULACIONS MICHAEL! punk punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Michael Giacchino won the Best Score award at The 15th Annual Critics' Choice Awards

Ratatouille wasn't nominated this year.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Erik Woods wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    Marselus wrote

Ratatouille wasn't nominated this year.

-Erik-

Oh! Erik, you are so funny....

Do you have some show in paramount comedy channel ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    What's Paroamount?

-Erik-
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    Here's his actual moment of winning and acceptance speech - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmqQqQzEmR4

So, Paul McCartney cheered him on! punk They didn't pronounce his name correctly though.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    They? I think you'll find that vile creature is called Cher.
  1. a nice good winner, but not the best score of the year. Still better than most winners of the last couple of years
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Agreed, even if the score didn't truly deserve it, an award for was way overdue for the composer himself.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Anthony wrote

Damn, is she still even human?

Oh, and "Michael Gi-AN-cchino?" We all know you sing like shit but at least you should be able to pronounce a name properly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    Anthony wrote

Depends what you mean by "average joe" - if you mean an avid follower of Lost then I'd agree but I don't suppose that accounts for a great proportion of the world's population.

Even LOST fans, most of them don't give a fudge about the music.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nobody I know outside of film score forums has ever mentioned anything about the music to Lost.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Yeap, my point too smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Anthony wrote

She's been plastinated. I must admit I've seen far better from professor Gunther Von Hagens.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  2. DemonStar wrote
    Here's his actual moment of winning and acceptance speech - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmqQqQzEmR4

So, Paul McCartney cheered him on! punk They didn't pronounce his name correctly though.

Awesome! Go Michael !! Up is a true film-enhancing score... Without it the movie loses its heart and soul.

And Cher should at least try to show she's interested. That goof just won't cut it. sad
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Who gives a fuck about Cher...seriously.
  3. freezing

vomit
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2010
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

She's been plastinated

biggrin
    She has always been scary. No doubt she would fit perfectly in The mummy 4 though.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    With a bit of make-up to give her a bit more life perhaps!? wink
  4. Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

She's been plastinated

biggrin
    She has always been scary. No doubt she would fit perfectly in The mummy 4 though.

punk

If only the Hollywood bozo's were this smart... a perfect role for her (I mean it) !!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    DreamTheater wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Anthony wrote

She's been plastinated

biggrin

punk

If only the Hollywood bozo's were this smart... a perfect role for her (I mean it) !!

She will have to fight Lady Gaga hard for that role.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Lady Ga Ga looks human by comparison.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    You have some strange standards for humans, it seems wink tongue
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    uhm
  5. Timmer wrote
    Lady Ga Ga looks human by comparison.

No she looks less mummified !!! tongue