• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010 edited
    Big G won two Grammies for Best Score Soundtrack Album (Up) and Best Instrumental Composition: Married Life (Up). cool punk
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2010
    Ah, who would have thought last year would be so awesome for Mr.G? smile Congrats to him.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Damn, Up was good, but I didn't expect it to go this far. The Oscar will be the real test. shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    I think this year he has all the p.r. potential to get it!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You certainly wouldn't rule him out.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. punk punk GO MICHAEL GO punk punk
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  2. Abrams is doing "Mission: Impossible 4", so I think we all know who will score it (bar any unforscene circumstances).
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2010
    Well, he is only producing it, so there is a chance that he will let the director pick if the director has his own "go to" composer for each film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Who's directing it?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    J.J. is producing but not directing. I'm not sure if that guarantees Michael will be scoring.

Look at Morning Glory due out this year. That's produced by J.J. and Bryan Burke but still zero word on the score, and from what we've heard recently it looks like Michael may be taking a break instead!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    If the Oscar is a test, then I'm a doctor in pneumatics and feet restoration.

Anyhow, congrats to Mr Giacchino! smile
    Kazoo
  3. I wouldn't be angry if M:I 4 got another composer. Not exactly in love with Giacchino's take on the franchise. Besides that way every entry has another composer and very different musical styles to accompany every film.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Exactly, as much as I love MI3 I'm not scrambling for another Giacchino MI score.

Bring in Shearmur I say.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010
    FRINGE
    Original Television Soundtrack

Music Composed by Michael Giacchino • Chris Tilton • Chad Seiter

From J.J. Abrams (Lost), Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman — the team that brought you Star Trek, Mission Impossible: III and Alias — and executive producers Jeff Pinkner and Bryan Burk comes a new drama that thrills, terrifies and explores the blurring line between science fiction and reality.

When an international flight lands at Boston’s Logan Airport and the passengers and crew have all died grisly deaths, FBI Special Agent Olivia Dunham is called in to investigate. When the search nearly kills her partner, Special Agent John Scott, a desperate Olivia searches frantically for someone to help, leading her to Dr. Walter Bishop, our generation’s Einstein. There’s only one catch: He’s been institutionalized for the last 20 years, and the only way to question him requires pulling his estranged son, Peter, in to help. Under Special Agent Phillip Broyles, our trio will discover that what happened on that fatal flight is only a small piece of a larger, more shocking truth.

Academy Award nominee and Grammy and Golden Globe winner Michael Giacchino again returns to the J.J. Abrams universe to head the composing team for the new hit series from Fox.

The Season 1 DVD for FRINGE is available now, and Season 2 is currently running on Fox.

Varèse Sarabande Catalog #: 302 067 013 2
    Release Date: 03/23/10
    • CommentAuthorPanthera
    I've never watched the show.
    How is the music?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Plagiarizing LOST.But not as good.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Lost with synthesizers. Glad it's getting a release though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Exactly, which means not as good. The release doesn't interest me personally but i could think of a handful of people that might dig this wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2010 edited
    At least it will cut back on the number of e-mails I'm getting!

Edit: Fringe has some cool artwork to play around with. I loved doing the banner! http://www.michaelgiacchinomusic.com/di … fringe.htm
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Hey, nice! I wonder if it´s only season one music? Season two's is much better. I want Broyles' Theme!

Anthony wrote
    Lost with synthesizers.

You know for sure it´s all synth? The string work sounds pretty real to me.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote
    Exactly, which means not as good. The release doesn't interest me personally but i could think of a handful of people that might dig this wink

I'm not that interested. Lost is indeed the better TV score since the show allows for a much more diverse and thematically based approach to scoring. Fringe is more like the X Files where if you've heard one episode score, you've heard them all! (Though, saying that, the first episode scored by Giacchino is quite good.)

I'll be curious to hear the album, but I'm not that excited about it. Love the show though... Walter's a legend.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    Hey, nice! I wonder if it´s only season one music? Season two's is much better. I want Broyles' Theme!

Anthony wrote
    Lost with synthesizers.

You know for sure it´s all synth? The string work sounds pretty real to me.

It has real orchestra, but there are a lot of electronic elements added into it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I don't imagine it's a budget thing, Fringe is a pretty slick and expensive show. Electronics seem like a natural choice for this show.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Naturally, a science fiction show set in the near future? Of course there will be electronics!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I thought it was set in the present?
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I don't know, I don't watch it! biggrin dizzy
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Anthony wrote

Maybe you are in an another dimension.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Anthony wrote

Maybe you are in an another dimension.

No maybe about it!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  4. Anthony wrote
    Lost with synthesizers. Glad it's getting a release though.

say what, you can do the review of it wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Anthony wrote

But you watch 24?

Huh.

HUH.