• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008
    BhelPuri wrote
    Timmer wrote
    NP : THE LAST VALLEY - John Barry

This is Silva's excellent re-recording of the "complete" score, though it doesn't quite hit the heights of the original recording the wealth of unreleased material make it a must have, plus the fact this is Barry writing for orchestra and choir and there's only a handful of composers I can think of who write for choir as well as Barry does cool

Cool indeed! I have the Silva recording but not the Intrada. But yes, the Silva Barry recordings have so much unreleased material that make them very worth it. I'd love for someone to release the score for Love Among The Ruins. The Silva suite in the Barry compilation is gorgeous.

Good one BP, thanks to you I've just played that 4.10 track Love Among The Ruins, it's lovely! cool beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Marselus wrote
    NP Kung Fu Panda (HZ & JP)
    Seems I´m the last one to play it! crazy tongue

Since I don´t have it, you´re not.

I don't have it and I'm not in a hurry either. cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorScribe
    I don't have it and I AM in a hurry....
    I love you all. Never change. Well, unless you want to!
  1. I am with Scribe here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull John Williams

Yep, as expected I am enjoying it even more after seeing the movie. I love it! Especially 'Jungle Chase'. cool
  2. NP: A Man in Love (Delerue)

Just gorgeous. One of his finest later scores.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Steven wrote

Yep, as expected I am enjoying it even more after seeing the movie. I love it! Especially 'Jungle Chase'. cool

'The Departure' is even more of a fecking awesome cue once you've seen it used in the film! shocked
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Steven wrote

'The Departure' is even more of a fecking awesome cue once you've seen it used in the film! shocked

Everything from that Disc is. Makes so much more sense after having watched the film, despite the score being chopped and buried innit.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    • CommentTimeMay 24th 2008 edited
    NP:Kung Fu Panda (zimmer and powell)

It is growing more and more...

Awesome. Very, very coherent in his own orchestrations. And that is very unexpected from this kind of collaboration and from zimmer himself.

the penultimate score track is Powell's theme, and the last track is Zimmer's theme.

it's a great mix between both styles, but how it happened with Jeff Goldblum, the fly contains a stronger genetic code tongue

8th track. 0:51 seconds mark. Zimmer's theme statement. My favourite moment from the Year.

in fact, track 8 is the track of the year.

(the only thing i find a little bit weak is "endurance theme".)
  3. NP: Kung Fu Panda

First Listen.

Of all those CGI animation-comedy-family-adventure-movie scores I listened to only to put them away on the stack after one or two attempts this one could - finally - end up being the one I will return to again and again.

We´ll see. Thanks to the guy who made this possible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Kung Fu Panda (zimmer and powell)

It is growing more and more...

Awesome. Very, very coherent in his own orchestrations. And that is very unexpected from this kind of collaboration and from zimmer himself.

the penultimate score track is Powell's theme, and the last track is Zimmer's theme.

it's a great mix between both styles

Agree. I´m finishing my third listen and I´m highly impressed. Action / epic tracks, nice asian arrangements (not over the top though, and I like this), good themes, great choral work (by Powell) and as you say, very coherent. A great surprise!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I love it how people give these things a first listen and complain about a lack of memorable theme.... *cough* Bregt *cough*. biggrin

The theme has been stuck in my head since yesterday, catchy as fook.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    NP: Kung Fu Panda

First Listen.

Enjoy!
    Let us know what you think wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Steven wrote
    I love it how people give these things a first listen and complain about a lack of memorable theme.... *cough* Bregt *cough*. biggrin

The theme has been stuck in my head since yesterday, catchy as fook.

In fact both main themes are pretty addictive. Powell´s one even includes one of the bizarre instruments from Horton. And funny to listen a little lift of The Kraken theme in "The Bridge" and "Shifu Faces Tai Long". punk
  4. Marselus wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

First Listen.

Enjoy!

Track 16 - Oogway Ascends is a thing of sheer beauty. It´s on continuous replay at the moment, but I will soon return to the complete score. An absolute winner!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Ralph Kruhm wrote
    Marselus wrote
    Ralph Kruhm wrote

First Listen.

Enjoy!

Track 16 - Oogway Ascends is a thing of sheer beauty. It´s on continuous replay at the moment, but I will soon return to the complete score. An absolute winner!!!

Glad you like it Ralph!
    Trust me, it only gets better in a second complete listen.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : THE RUSSIA HOUSE - Jerry Goldsmith

Beautiful scoring cool
    • CommentAuthorMatt C
    NP: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - John Williams

I finally got my copy today (despite it being shipped out before release date) and am enjoying it so far. It doesn't reach the heights of Raiders or Temple obviously, but it is so much better than Crusade. Love "The Departure", "The Jungle Chase" and "Finale."
    http://unsungfilmscores.blogspot.com/ -- My film/TV/game score review blog
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Let's see if anyone still listens to Kung Fu Panda 2 months from now :P

Oh; Steven probably will *cough* Horton *cough*
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote

2 Months? it alredy feels like 2 years reading though all the posts dizzy wink
  5. Since the movie won´t start before July here in Germany, I am quite sure there will be at least someone talking about it then. wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I can either watch the Eurovision Song Contest or I could play some more Jerry Goldsmith.......Hmmmmmmmmm????

NP : THE FINAL CONFLICT - Jerry Goldsmith

No contest really biggrin wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Christodoulides wrote

Cynical much D, cynical much. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Dracula John Williams

Jesus, Mary and Joseph this is awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    And what better score to follow from that than:

The Fury John Williams

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Christodoulides wrote

I see more people returning to this score to Live free or Die Hard tongue

NP:Kung Fu pand (Zimmer and powell)

the 7 minuts track i think It's the kind of music Zimmer wrotte alone for this movie. It's the style wich Zimmer use when he tries to writte for orchestra alone for Slapstick movies (Thunderbirds or Polar Bear 2 for example). Using Electronics to complete his sound.

Anyway I think he did more the asian stuff (Wich he really does very, very well), and powell more the action stuff.

I see why powell Joined the team! biggrin

Tender, Exiting, coherent...
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    Timmer wrote
    I can either watch the Eurovision Song Contest or I could play some more Jerry Goldsmith.......Hmmmmmmmmm????

wink

1-el brikindance

2-el crusaito

3-el michael jackson

4- el robocop

perrea perrea
  6. Listening to Kung Fu Panda while doing the Hobbit chat is an extraordinary experience... very surreal... smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    PS I LOVE YOU | john powell

I really like the main theme. In fact, Powell always adds a catchy melody to his romantic comedy scores. (The one from Gigli sticks forever!) This is a cute score with some very nice cues. Soft strings, xylophone thingies, sometimes a woodwinds and obviously light guitars are the key elements. In its genre, it's defenitely more interesting than the usual stuff. I especially like the variation of the theme in 1st Letter for example. Pure Powell!
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Kung Fu Panda (Zimmer and Powell)

2 genius together.

Epic, Exotic, Dramatic,modern, exiting, well structured and well presented score.

Hero- A great Overture!

Tai Lung Escapes -Tension.

Sacred Pool Of Tears - Epic. THE TRACK

The Bridge /Shifu Faces Tai Long - beer

Oogway Ascends - the great and tender conclusion. Zimmer's theme. Starts a little bit like Across the Stars.