• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2008
    Nah, i give it to you mate with all my love wink once i get back to Thessaloniki, it'll be HELL 'cause i have to deliver a thesis which is still at infant stages!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Nah, i give it to you mate with all my love wink once i get back to Thessaloniki, it'll be HELL 'cause i have to deliver a thesis which is still at infant stages!

I'll keep it warm for you smile cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    a slightly more down to earth 'five things about me...

1) I once hit Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the head with an egg I threw from a crowd in Bristol during the early 1980's

2) Me and some friends freaked out one of our best friends with a well contrived 'Ghost stunt', he started crying and ran away and we didn't see him for Months.

3) I sculpted an Arnold Schwarzenegger head which was cast four times in latex to be worn by four members of a pop band.

4) I once ran a Marathon, it took me 3 hours 20 minutes even though I weighed 100 kilos at the time.

5) I once beat the British and European pool champion, he didn't even get one shot in.

Only ONE of the above is NOT true....which one?

wave smile

Okay, answer tonight.

P.s. No Martijn? confused
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2008
    And by tonight, I'm sure you mean today!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    And by tonight, I'm sure you mean today!

Uuuuuh yeah! dizzy

Actually I did mean last night but right now I'm suffering a f8787ing migraine which has gone on for the last two days and is making me one irritable SOB angry slant

I'm doing my best not to take anything out on anyone else wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I feel your pain my man, I suffer from them quite a lot. The weather we've been having doesn't help, especially if it's a stormy atmosphere.

Still, I'm a Sun worshiper to the last, I can't get enough of it!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    I feel your pain my man, I suffer from them quite a lot. The weather we've been having doesn't help, especially if it's a stormy atmosphere.

Still, I'm a Sun worshiper to the last, I can't get enough of it!

Appreciated pal smile

Yeah, I think it's a certain type of light? / atmospheric condition? / humidity? I dunno?? Only fact is it's a pain! slant
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Stormy weather means low pressure which can bring on headaches for a lot of people I think, certainly for me. But yeah, I high pressure and humid conditions we've been having lately are oppressive which doesn't help with headaches. slant I much prefer the drier heat of California.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Stormy weather means low pressure which can bring on headaches for a lot of people I think, certainly for me. But yeah, I high pressure and humid conditions we've been having lately are oppressive which doesn't help with headaches. slant I much prefer the drier heat of California.

Totally agree! I remember 35c in the shade in California's Death Valley was a more comfortable heat than 25c in Bristol with high humidity.

My head can always "feel" when a thunderstorm is approaching.
  1. Any luck with the Answer? smile
    If in doubt, let the wookie win
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008 edited
    Just in time to get my hand in.

I do hope it's (1) that's the odd one out, you impolitical reprobate. angry
    I'm doubly (well, about quintupply, everyhting counted)) sorry now I wasn't in Bristol.

Oh, the discussions we might have had.
    Oh, the spirits we might have imbibed.
    Oh, the tales we would have swapped.
    Oh, the spirits we might have imbibed! (I thought it was worth mentioning twice)
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Alan, Timmer and me had the idea that you would pop up secretly at Bristol somehow, as a surprise, because you were quite absent the past weeks (even though that may have due to your job). smile
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2008
    Don't remind me. rolleyes
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    To be honest, in fact, that very much was the plan, complete with having booked air fare and everything.

Let's just keep it at that reality interfered.
    *sigh*
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    You ordered tickets?

confused
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Never mind, lad. Never mind.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Just in time to get my hand in.

I do hope it's (1) that's the odd one out, you impolitical reprobate. angry
    I'm doubly (well, about quintupply, everyhting counted)) sorry now I wasn't in Bristol.

Oh, the discussions we might have had.
    Oh, the spirits we might have imbibed.
    Oh, the tales we would have swapped.
    Oh, the spirits we might have imbibed! (I thought it was worth mentioning twice)

We definitely missed you buddy! sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    ANSWERS!! We need ANSWERS! I must know if I'm right, my ego depends on it! crazy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Timmer wrote
    a slightly more down to earth 'five things about me...

1) I once hit Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher in the head with an egg I threw from a crowd in Bristol during the early 1980's

2) Me and some friends freaked out one of our best friends with a well contrived 'Ghost stunt', he started crying and ran away and we didn't see him for Months.

3) I sculpted an Arnold Schwarzenegger head which was cast four times in latex to be worn by four members of a pop band.

4) I once ran a Marathon, it took me 3 hours 20 minutes even though I weighed 100 kilos at the time.

5) I once beat the British and European pool champion, he didn't even get one shot in.

Only ONE of the above is NOT true....which one?

wave smile

Okay, answer tonight.

P.s. No Martijn? confused

1) FALSE! Well done everyone who answered correctly, particularly Bregje who answered BEFORE we met up in Bristol, right Tim ( not Timmer ) wink . The story is actually TRUE but it was a good friend of mine who was there, not me! smile

2) Absolutely true shame Yeap, I'll tell you the story soon D smile

3) True, but the band in question never came to fruition, a shame because four band members all looking like the Terminator complete with LED glowing eyes would have been startling on stage.

4) True, in fact I did it twice but I was weighing 100 kilos of solid muscle and was only 19 - 20 years old then, not 120 kilos of fat like I am now.

5) True! ( can't remember his name? ) It was a pub opening promotion and I was one of approx 40 odd players who played him and one of only two that beat him. He wanted me to play him again but I know where my bread is buttered and said "no way!"....see, not as stupid as I look biggrin

Thanks everyone for taking part. beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Shit. I wish I hadn't asked now.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Shit. I wish I hadn't asked now.

I once played Ronnie O'Sullivan at pool too but I didn't mention that 'cos he kicked my arse big time slant wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorWilliam
    Timmer wrote
    1) FALSE! Well done everyone who answered correctly, particularly Bregje who answered BEFORE we met up in Bristol, right Tim ( not Timmer ) wink . The story is actually TRUE but it was a good friend of mine who was there, not me! smile

Sweet, I actually got it right! cheesy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2008
    Michael Caine was the first person to hear the Bond theme GOLDFINGER ( after John Barry of course wink )

TRUE or FALSE ?

cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    TRUE i say
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I dunno, but I want it to be TRUE. biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    I dunno, but I want it to be TRUE. biggrin

That's what i thought as well; i WANT it to be true, it'd be SO uber-cool! biggrin
  2. Maybe TRUE, because I know that Caine and Barry are good friends.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Michael Caine was the first person to hear the Bond theme GOLDFINGER ( after John Barry of course wink )

TRUE or FALSE ?

cool

GOOD MAN! punk

Mmmmm, I say FALSE (though I really would like it to be true! If there's a story connected to this, I'd love to hear it at the end of the challenge)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeAug 31st 2008
    I hope it's true too! wink dizzy spin

We'll see? Keep em coming.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeSep 1st 2008
    bump

Bregt? Bregje? William? etc................