• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010 edited
    AAAAAARGH!!!! MORE SNOW AND HEAVY WINDS!! crazy I hate this bloody country sometimes, especially when the winters have been as persistent as this year. I'm considering a Thai citizenship or something. Global warming, where are ya?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010
    It's climate change. wink

So, Norway isn't that cool then. If I'd ever moved to somewhere else and start a hostel or B&B, it'd be Norway.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeFeb 20th 2010 edited
    That's why the have so many emos wink Or don't they?
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Bregt wrote
    It's climate change. wink

So, Norway isn't that cool then. If I'd ever moved to somewhere else and start a hostel or B&B, it'd be Norway.

Yeah, don't get me wrong. It's a wonderful country in so many aspects - from scenery to wellfare, but not all Norwegians are winter-loving vikings. I've grown more and more fond of warmer climate over the last few years, so I wouldn't mind moving to somewhere warm for a period of time. Europe is too cold, though, even southern countries such as Greece or Italy or Spain. Heck, even Turkey. It would have to be somewhere with an average temp of at least 20 degrees.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I understand. But these super hot summers is not my thing either. There probably isn't a perfect climate!
    Kazoo
  1. We had a bit more snow again overnight - a bit of a surprise. I almost got stuck in the middle of the road right outside my house. shame

I managed to reverse out of our drive. But then couldn't get the car moving again. It seemed to take ages for the car to stick to the road.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2010
    Below zero (F) again this morning. Perhaps there will only be another month of poor weather here.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    Temperatures are a bit up here and instead of snow we now have ... yep , you've guessed it ... RAIN !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Same here Eric.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ooooh....I miss rain. Wish we had some of it here, so that at least a little bit of this white rubbish could melt away. Norway still looks like one big heap of cocaine.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010
    I had to really laugh my ass off today as the thrift store where I volunteer is putting out spring clothing confused I'm a newbie in Minnesota and even I know there are 6 more weeks of winter.
    Thomas
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2010 edited
    Pissing down....... slant

Well, at least it's washed away the ice that was continually causing me to slip arse over tip on my way into uni this week.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    sdtom wrote
    I had to really laugh my ass off today as the thrift store where I volunteer is putting out spring clothing confused I'm a newbie in Minnesota and even I know there are 6 more weeks of winter.
    Thomas

They're putting summer clothing here in Greece. Today's weather was spring-like already wink
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

The snow hasn't melted yet but yeah, winter is almost over. smile Spring break is just 2 weeks away!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2010
    BhelPuri wrote
    sdtom wrote
    Thomas

The snow hasn't melted yet but yeah, winter is almost over. smile Spring break is just 2 weeks away!

Dream On!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2010
    I feel like a broken record, but snow, snow, snow....it just keeps coming down. We haven't had this much of a consistent winter since the 90's.

Check out my balcony, it has become a snow reservoir (appr. 1.5 meters on the floor):

http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-website/Bilde0189.jpg
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    We rarely ( very rarely ) see anything like that here although the north of England and Scotland is a different kettle of fuish altogether.

Today the sunshine actually felt warm.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Timmer wrote
    We rarely ( very rarely ) see anything like that here although the north of England and Scotland is a different kettle of fuish altogether.

Today the sunshine actually felt warm.

That's true, but you DO get very rainy winter days instead. I saw the footage of the ALICE IN WONDERLAND premiere in London a couple of days ago, and it was really raining cats and dogs.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeah, we've had a few days of quite heavy rain.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'm in San Diego to do some baseball photography and it is raining sad . Not sure if I'll be able to do pixs today or not.

Thomas
    • CommentAuthorTintin
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010
    We are a month ahead weather wise. We had a very mild winter. There isn't much snow left. All the snowstorms seem to go south of the border. New York City which is 7 hours south of us got 50 cm of snow and it rains here in Montréal. Go figure!
    The advantage is that we can walk comfortably on the sidewalks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeFeb 28th 2010
    Today in San Diego it was 53 and raining (1.5 inches)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010
    Hey Marcel and Jordi, how's Barcelona? I see it's having heavy snow the other day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    Hey Marcel and Jordi, how's Barcelona? I see it's having heavy snow the other day.

It was a crazy day in Barcelona (well, whole Catalonia was covered with snow!). People trapped in motorways (some got trapped in massive traffic jams for more then 10 hours, some had to spend the night in their cars, some left the car where they could and went to the nearest hotel, some had to be rescued, etc). There are still 200.000 people without electric power nor telephone (land line and mobile) since monday, several villages are still cut off by the snow and the border with France is a mess (hundreds of trucks got trapped in their way to France and the rest of Europe).

Barcelona was also a chaos; there were huge traffic problems, as the snow caught thousands of people leaving their works (some lucky ones left their work earlier as a precaution, and they did well), trains didn´t work, it was every man for himself. We had never seen something like that before.

No need to mention the snow storm has ended but the political one has just started.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Cripes! shocked I never envisage these areas like that, sounds pretty serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2010 edited
    Here we had rain and snow mingled with orange dust coming from Africa. So we had the rare phenomenon of brown snow! Everything is quite a mess.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's the end I tells ya , THE END!!! lick
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Yes it was pretty serious.

Take a look at the Ramblas
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Marselus wrote

Not the Ramblas I know. Just an educated guess, but I'm betting there were no 'near-naked' people painted as statues hanging around wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Marselus wrote

Not the Ramblas I know. Just an educated guess, but I'm betting there were no 'near-naked' people painted as statues hanging around wink

Haha, your guess is right.

THIS is a good one, reminds me of a pic someone posted here of Britain covered in snow some weeks ago.