• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 27th 2010
    it is now 60
    listen to more classical music!
  1. it will freeze in Belgium for the next week, with temp down to-8 which is already pretty big here. Snow is expected in the middle of the week. And guess who has to work all week? rolleyes
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010
    we're 61 today with a strong breeze from the northwest
    •  
      CommentAuthorEric
    • CommentTimeNov 28th 2010
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    And guess who has to work all week? rolleyes

The same here compadre ... wink
    Keeping my reindeer at the ready !
    "Simplicity is the key to brilliance"
  2. Me too. But that's fine. I don't mind the cold when I'm in my car all nice and warm.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2010
    How's the weather in Wales, Alan? I read that it was the coldest it's been for 89 years.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  3. Timmer wrote
    How's the weather in Wales, Alan? I read that it was the coldest it's been for 89 years.

Mid-Wales has been very cold indeed. And I think that that's where the -18°C was recorded.

Where we are hasn't seen any snow at all - though I can see some snow lying further up the hill behind Holywell and there are several cars in town centre car parks that do have a covering of 2-3 inches.

So there is snow about and it is quite cold but no real disruption.

How's it in Bristol?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A small smattering of snow here and there plus it's icy and very cold.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    We had some snow at the weekend, and more forecast tonight. Only an inch or so, on Saturday morning - and it hasn't gone anywhere since it's been sub-zero ever since. You have to go up a slope to get out of our road and my car does NOT do icy slopes at all well. I've been sliding all over the place.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Tonight's "heavy snow shower" downgraded to "light snow shower". Damn, I was hoping for a snow day. sad
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    A no-snow day is fine by me.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2010
    But it's not what I'm going to get, the world from my window is now white.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2010 edited
    As it is here.
    Lovely!
    christmas_biggrin
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  4. We have some snow as well. Yippee!

It was funny to see the children eager to check and recheck the various websites that tell you whether or not schools in the area are open or closed.

Unfortunately for them their school is open. But current health and safety at school will mean that if there is snow on the ground then it is too dangerous for them to be outside during breaks!

Words (almost) fail me.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    We have some snow as well. Yippee!

It was funny to see the children eager to check and recheck the various websites that tell you whether or not schools in the area are open or closed.

Unfortunately for them their school is open. But current health and safety at school will mean that if there is snow on the ground then it is too dangerous for them to be outside during breaks!

Words (almost) fail me.

rolleyes Alan, how the hell did people our age ever make it to adulthood?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Words (almost) fail me.

I do have some choice words, most of which I'd be rather ecstatic committing to an Excuse Note addressed to the teacher.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
  5. I know. Some of my fondest memories of school are of snow fights during "playtime". I even remember going to school in the dark when they were playing about with the clocks changing (or not) in the early 1970s.

And the lovely smell of the high-visibility reflective sashes I used to wear...
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ugh. I hate snow. Fortunately, there's still only a thin layer here in Oslo (at least in Norwegian terms), despite the cold.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Party pooper!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's all very pretty and great at first and then it eventually turns into well trodden, vehicle compacted, accident waiting to happen, ice. It usually sticks around far longer and less wanted than the snow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2010 edited
    Timmer wrote
    It's all very pretty and great at first and then it eventually turns into well trodden, vehicle compacted, accident waiting to happen, ice. It usually sticks around far longer and less wanted than the snow.

Actually, it's more or less OK as long as it's below freezing point. It's when mild weather sets in and it turns to 'slosh' that it's incredibly annoying.

Little chance of that now, though, as Oslo temperatures will continue hovering at -15 - maybe even as much as -20 tomorrow - and there are places here where it's approaching -35. Fuck me. Anyone wants to swap for a couple of weeks?
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    It's different for you Thor, here in my part of GB we don't get anything like the snow you get in Norway.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I have a feeling that much of what falls as snow up here falls as rain in Britain. But to be perfectly honest, I would rather have that.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    i don't miss the snow
  6. Thor wrote
    Timmer wrote

Actually, it's more or less OK as long as it's below freezing point. It's when mild weather sets in and it turns to 'slosh' that it's incredibly annoying.

Little chance of that now, though, as Oslo temperatures will continue hovering at -15 - maybe even as much as -20 tomorrow - and there are places here where it's approaching -35. Fuck me. Anyone wants to swap for a couple of weeks?

I think if we ever got as low as -20 over here in little old Belgium it would be pandemonium on the streets, life as we know it would cease to exist.

We already shiver at the thought of -5 celsius. But even for us, winter has come very early in the year.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. It must have snowed in London overnight because it's headline news on the BBC.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 1st 2010
    It's still icy here but the sun is shining and the sky is blue, quite beautiful really.
  8. I had a lovely walk into town this morning. Nice to have time just to have a nice stroll in the snow. It has clouded over now and there's a slight dusting of snow falling at the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Ice cold, of course, but sparkling winter sun. I may go out and have a tea somewhere with a friend in his lunch break.
    I am extremely serious.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    ...not a nice refreshing swim Thor? wink