• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2010
    Really foggy with heavy mist and about 58 degrees. A yukky day
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2010 edited
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote
    I'm wondering what's happened to Thor? He was here in the North of England over the weekend, with airports and the like cancelling flights etc I'm wondering if he's stuck here in the UK? spin

He just posted this Facebook:
    Thor Joachim Haga is weather-stuck in Newcastle! Christmas with brown ale and black pudding?

That sounds like a Christmas of hell. tongue

lol and lol again biggrin

hooevah will the gadgie cope wi Black Pudding an the Toon Broon Ale, he's dyun fre I tell yee, dyun fre.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Dyer not leik broon ale, bregt? Caal yorsel a gadgie rolleyes
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. The snow has grounded Belgian national airport planes as well. The reason? No more fluid to de-ice the airplanes. shocked
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Timmer wrote

uhm

I look broon ale, but the blook pooding pooked myer too mooch.
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Timmer wrote

uhm

I look broon ale, but the blook pooding pooked myer too mooch.

Ah leik it mesel, but not tee offan. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    And I have no idea what you're talking about
    tom
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2010 edited
    sdtom wrote
    tom

It's 'Geordie' Tom, a Northern English dialect and believe me, when you hear it spoken you'd still have no idea what they were talking about.

Thinking about it, it has roots in the Nordic languages, maybe Thor will understand it? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    i sure don't
  2. Timmer wrote
    sdtom wrote
    tom

It's 'Geordie' Tom, a Northern English dialect and believe me, when you hear it spoken you'd still have no idea what they were talking about.

Thinking about it, it has roots in the Nordic languages, maybe Thor will understand it? wink

What I don't get is, Bregt knows it too? confused

Or was that plain gibberish?
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Poo! Meyer a Poolygloot!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Aye, bregt gibbers in polyglot.
  3. One of my all-time favourite singers is a Geordie. As many of you can imagine, it's Mark Knopfler smile
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    One of my all-time favourite singers is a Geordie. As many of you can imagine, it's Mark Knopfler smile

Not Cheryl Cole? James Southall's favourite singer? wink

Knopfler is also a film composer, and he's also SCOTTISH!
  4. Yeah, born in Glasgow, right? I think he more feels like a Geordie than a Scotsman though (didn't prevent from most of his output being Celtic in nature though), a lot of songs are somehow related to Newcastle, moreso than Scotland.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2010
    This is all about weather confused confused confused
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    ..... Yes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We're getting some more badly needed rain.
    Tom
  5. Lucky we have Tom to get back on track.

So that's what Jordi has been talking all these years. I thought it was some made-up language... dizzy
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    DreamTheater wrote
    Lucky we have Tom to get back on track.

So that's what Jordi has been talking all these years. I thought it was some made-up language... dizzy

lol applause
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    We're still raining again today with more forecast for tomorrow
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2010
    clouding up for yet another storm.
  6. We are beginning to have above-freezing temperatures during the day.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2010 edited
    It's been hovering between -15 and -20 degrees here in Norway since November, with plenty of snow all around. Still no sign of warming up.
    I am extremely serious.
  7. It is finally starting to thaw out in Northern Ireland this morning.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2010
    Thor wrote
    It's been hovering between -15 and -20 degrees here in Norway since November, with plenty of snow all around. Still no sign of warming up.

The temperatures have almost been as low as that here a few times in the last few weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2010
    Cloudy, overcast and 50 degrees. A somewhat yukky day but I'll take this over the snow of a year ago.
    Tom
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010 edited
    Dear British media:

1. Please stop calling the current chilly spell "the big freeze". "The cold weather" will do.

2. Unless Britain turns into a vast area of ice-covered ocean and/or treeless permafrost, please do not refer to "the cold weather" as presenting "Arctic conditions".

3. "Travel chaos" = "disrupted timetables"

All the best.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010 edited
    LSH wrote
    Dear British media:

1. Please stop calling the current chilly spell "the big freeze". "The cold weather" will do.

2. Unless Britain turns into a vast area of ice-covered ocean and/or treeless permafrost, please do not refer to "the cold weather" as presenting "Arctic conditions".

3. "Travel chaos" = "disrupted timetables"

All the best.

I get you beer

My most hated 'power' word is "journey", a Michael Palin or a David Attenborough can use that word as much as they want, that's REAL journeys, but when you get Z-elebrities on Strictly Come Poncing and X-shister and whatnot overusing the word it drives me nuts crazy
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2010
    Yikes. Woke up to a heavy snowfall here in the South of Norway today. A bit milder temperature, though.
    I am extremely serious.