• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011
    Today it will be partly sunny and 68.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2011 edited
    It's very hot here today. I even had two showers to cool off.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. Timmer wrote
    It's very hot here today. I even had two showers to cool off.

We in North Wales are obviously on the wrong side of the cold front to you Tim. A lot cooler here today: nothing above 60 I fancy.

Better weather for doing a bit of a spring clean including a trip to the tip.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2011
    Still in a nice weather pattern with a high in the upper 60's
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Another utterly gorgeous day. I don't want this to end. I really don't. It's April for fuck's sake!
  2. All this good weather has lulled gardeners into a false sense of security: the bedding plants are now in the ground. All it takes now is one night of frost to kill them all.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
  3. the sun is shining, and continues to shine. 25 degrees cool
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Belgium was the warmest place of Europe this weekend.

Worked in the garden this afternoon, and enjoyed reading a bit as well. Now I'm in front of a computer again, because it was getting windy.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2011 edited
    Hovering around 20 degrees Celsius this Easter, which is pretty mild for Norway. Sunny every day.

Haven't been out too much, though. Too busy drinkin' and boozin' (and when I'm not, I'm too hung over to enjoy the weather).
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2011
    Sunny and 70 in San Diego
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2011
    These storms that were moving through the South U.S. are crazy. There have been 340 deaths and the number is climbing. My father got hit by one in Oxford, Mississippi, and my uncle had a very close call having found cover just in time. In Birmingham, Alabama, many of my Uncle's friends have completely lost there homes, and there have been entire neighborhood's completely wiped out.
    This is an F5 hitting Tuscaloosa, Mississippi. Incredible video. Easily both one of the most amazing and terrifying things I've ever seen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIx26tN6pCk
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Yeah, sorry to hear about that. We don't get tornadoes where I live, but it seems to be fairly common where you live (albeit not as violent as the current ones). Keep safe!
    I am extremely serious.
  4. omaha wrote
    These storms that were moving through the South U.S. are crazy. There have been 340 deaths and the number is climbing. My father got hit by one in Oxford, Mississippi, and my uncle had a very close call having found cover just in time. In Birmingham, Alabama, many of my Uncle's friends have completely lost there homes, and there have been entire neighborhood's completely wiped out.
    This is an F5 hitting Tuscaloosa, Mississippi. Incredible video. Easily both one of the most amazing and terrifying things I've ever seen.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIx26tN6pCk

Sorry to hear about your news.

A question from here in the UK, are most of the houses in these areas wooden?
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    ^
    I would seriously doubt it. Most businesses would be steel. And the houses would probably primarily be brick and stone. Brick is very common for these areas. There are probably some neighborhoods with mobile homes as well. Some of those southern towns have high amounts of poverty. Those mobile homes are steel death traps when it comes to tornado's.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    Thor wrote
    Yeah, sorry to hear about that. We don't get tornadoes where I live, but it seems to be fairly common where you live (albeit not as violent as the current ones). Keep safe!

They are definitely very common. This time of year especially. What is alarming is the strength and number of these. Last time something came even close to this (regarding tornado activity and destruction) was the early 70's.

I'm pretty safe here in Florida (luckily). We've never had to deal with Tornado's the way they have in some of the other southern states.

The worst part about them is the lack of preparation and warning. Often times they will show up at 3:30 in the morning or something (as it did with my father).
  5. Cheers for the comments. The reason I asked is that I always see a lot of wood debris in the news footage and I have always assumed that the houses were predominantly wooden in structure.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2011
    Tornadoes are something San Diego doesn't have to deal with thank heavens. We're in earthquake country.
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    One reason I'm happy to be near the Atlantic and far from the Pacific. I wonder if there may be a list of the safest places to live in regards to natural disasters. smile
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The UK? France? Germany? etc...
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    I'm growing a little tiresome of this sunny weather (would you believe). I've got a half marathon next weekend and have barely managed to do any training as it's too hot outside. Please just cool down - even if it's just for this afternoon - and I will be happy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    I put on shorts and sweater for the first time today, but wouldn't you know it.....after a month of record heat, today was when it decided to turn. Now it's damn cold again...9 degrees Celsius today. Brrrrrrr. Wrong day for choosing lighter wear.
    I am extremely serious.
  6. Anthony wrote
    I'm growing a little tiresome of this sunny weather (would you believe). I've got a half marathon next weekend and have barely managed to do any training as it's too hot outside. Please just cool down - even if it's just for this afternoon - and I will be happy.

There is quite a strong cooling breeze though. Just get out there! wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Oi Ant ya big jessie, get your running shoes on.

Now, scoot!
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2011
    First day of 90+ today
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2011
    Heavy fog this early am so the temp won't rise above 70 today.
  7. We've had some rain today! A bit late for me being out earlier but welcomed nonetheless.
  8. The rain of yesterday was nothing compared to what we are getting at the moment. It's falling in torrents.

Cue flood warnings from the Met Office.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2011
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    The rain of yesterday was nothing compared to what we are getting at the moment. It's falling in torrents.

Bittorrents?
    I am extremely serious.
  9. What is it with Belgium this spring. For the second time in a month we are the hottest spot in Europe.
    Yesterday 32°C according to the thermometer in my car and today just as hot... And sunny as hell.

For those complaining about torrential rains, Belgium is the place to be this weekend.

Elin
    Recognizing somebody else's strength doesn't diminish your own (Joss Whedon)
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2011
    we're to be overcast and 61 today a little bit on the chilly side