• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Conan the destroyer (Poledouris)

How I said the orchestra must be tortured in the most paintul way, but the score is pretty good.

The heroic theme is highly addictive.

A very underrated score by Poledouris, but then it does come to innevitable comparisons to the genius of the first score.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Timmer wrote
    Nautilus wrote
    NP:Conan the destroyer (Poledouris)

How I said the orchestra must be tortured in the most paintul way, but the score is pretty good.

The heroic theme is highly addictive.

A very underrated score by Poledouris, but then it does come to innevitable comparisons to the genius of the first score.

This and the fact that the action tracks seem like performed by an amateur orchestra. Really awful!
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2008 edited
    NP: Eight Below - Mark Isham

I finally gave up waiting for a CD release or higher-quality release @ Japanese iTunes.

Now it's my first time to listen to the whole album... but I couldn't focus on listening due to misc works, so I have to listen again tomorrow. But at least I can say Overture & End Credits are great, as I heard on DVD.
    Labels are for cans, not people. - Anthony Rapp
    •  
      CommentAuthoromaha
    I'm still listening to Lethal Weapon. Over and over again... smile
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Les Valseuses - George Delerue & Stephane Grapelli

Wow... one of my undisputed favourite composers together with the man who was to violin what Django was to guitar...an excellent , and far too brief euro-jazzy score that incorporates the best of both men. Romantic, and swinging your gypsy heart out! A twenty star effort (out of five).
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    Miya wrote

It's a great score from Isham, one of his best IMO, right up there with Fly Away Home, Racing Stripes, October Sky, A River Runs Through It and Life As A House. Ooh, and The Black Dahlia - almost forgot about this gem.

NP: Apollo 13 - James Horner

cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    LSH wrote
    Miya wrote

It's a great score from Isham, one of his best IMO, right up there with Fly Away Home, Racing Stripes, October Sky, A River Runs Through It and Life As A House. Ooh, and The Black Dahlia - almost forgot about this gem.

Yessh, that's the Isham I love. And add to that Miracle.

NP: 3:10 to Yuma.
    Not absolutely every bit of this album is oscar-worthy, but those that are punk punk indeed!
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    24 Redemption - Sean Callery

Vocals by Lisbeth Scott! cheesy
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Anthony wrote

Never heard of this. Is this a show where Jack Bauer asks for forgiveness for having stolen all those television viewer's precious time in front of the tube?
    ''The mandate, as well as the benefit, of responsibility is the ability to tell when one can afford to be irresponsible.'' - Me
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Uh huh. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    HeeroJF wrote
    NP: 3:10 to Yuma.
    Not absolutely every bit of this album is oscar-worthy, but those that are punk punk indeed!

Do they award Oscars to albums then? wink I agree with the sentiment though. Some wonderful bits in that. Of the five Oscar candidates I thought it was the strongest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Too true.

NP: The Nightcomers. John Barry
    Well, the cover says Jerry Fielding, I know, but this is way too highly melodic to be him!!! It's gotta be a mistake! In all serious, this Fielding score is indeed quite enjoyable without losing too much of his normal hard-edged style. You can still hear his good old Wild Bunch style in a few tracks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - John Williams

My Indy box arrived today. Hooray! Thought I'd start with this one.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    HeeroJF wrote
    Anthony wrote

Never heard of this. Is this a show where Jack Bauer asks for forgiveness for having stolen all those television viewer's precious time in front of the tube?

Nah...it´s only one of the best shows....ever.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Marselus wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    Anthony wrote

Nah...it´s only the best show....ever.

And Redemption is also one of the most boring soundtrack releases ever. Do yourself a favour and do something else with your 55 minutes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Really? Anyway I am SO looking forward for the film.
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Oh don't get me wrong, I'm sure it works just fine in the show, on CD it's just sleep ...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Actually I´ve never enjoyed 24´s score outside the show. But in he film I think it works wonders. So not a problem for me if the isolated listening experience is not good. All I want is the series to start season 7.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    HeeroJF wrote
    Too true.

NP: The Nightcomers. John Barry
    Well, the cover says Jerry Fielding, I know, but this is way too highly melodic to be him!!! It's gotta be a mistake! In all serious, this Fielding score is indeed quite enjoyable without losing too much of his normal hard-edged style. You can still hear his good old Wild Bunch style in a few tracks.

biggrin wink

NP : GHOST STORY - Philippe Sarde

Wonderfully gothic horror score with an old fashioned twist, even features organ cool
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    Marselus wrote
    HeeroJF wrote
    Anthony wrote

Nah...it´s only one of the best shows....ever.

I was only teasing. biggrin

But I still didn't really get that answered. I honestly don't know: does this 24 Redemption have a relation to the show 24at all?
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - John Williams

This new version is stunning (with the bonus cues edited into place). Wow. I'm speechless.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Southall wrote
    Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - John Williams

This new version is stunning (with the bonus cues edited into place). Wow. I'm speechless.

Could you post the playlist?
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeNov 22nd 2008
    Just surf over to http://www.indianajonesmusic.com/2008/1 … order.html for answer. But if you are a fan of the film you SHOULD be able to do this by yourself, UltimateWilliamsFan. wink

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Probably. But it takes way too much effort to think about the right order.... hey, I'm Steven now. wink
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    And it was inevitable I was going to ask for the order at some point in future as well. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorHeeroJF
    NP: The Messengers, Joseph LoDuca
    Cut from the Poltergiest mold, this is a great horror score with a creepy lullaby at its core. Not as much epic action as Poltergeist of course, but it's good for LoDuca fans.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Breakfast At Tiffany's - Henry Mancini

Moooon Riverrr cool

... but is this not a score album? I remember Moon River theme was used in the score more in the movie...
    •  
      CommentAuthorMiya
    NP: Meet Joe Black - Thomas Newman

This is the 4th Thomas Newman album I've heard. And I really like his style so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Miya wrote
    NP: Meet Joe Black - Thomas Newman

This is the 4th Thomas Newman album I've heard. And I really like his style so far.

I love that one. He's never done anything quite in that style since - not with that old-fashioned romantic pomp. Don't think he really likes writing that sort of thing, but he's extremely good at it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorLSH
    NP: Goodbye Bafana - Dario Marianelli

A very subtle and deeply moving score which plays very well alongside Dario's other African score, Beyond The Gates. Both are genuinely touching and equally affecting even if the latter has a far more disturbing backdrop.

cool