• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorDemonStar
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009
    Nice. I quite like Elfman's score too, looking forward to watch the movie later.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    DreamTheater wrote
    Broken Arrow (Hans Zimmer)

A pure, testosterone-filled action score in that early Zimmer style I absolutely love... Much like Crimson Tide, this is true synthesized power, filled with memorable themes. I particularly love the one for the villain when it's performed by the woman. The action crescendo's always leave me on a perfect emotional high...

Pure A$$ Kickin' Fun !! punk

Can't.listen.to.it.for.a.single.minute! shame

I can't either!? I think it's absolutely rubbish. (And that's not something I often say about any score.)

And probably not a surprise that I hated it too. This is one of a tiny number of albums I took back to the store for money back / exchange.

This is one of the ones that went in a box for a couple of years and then went in the bin. Can't say I've missed it.
  1. Martijn wrote
    Good girl! love

Overseas (i.e. domestic American) reactions have been rather lukewarm though, and it appears now as if the originally envisioned new Terminator trilogy (of which Salvation was the first installment) will quite probably not come to pass. slant

They would rethink that decision if Cameron came back on board.

I will not go see T4 in the cinema's, because local critics have been really harsh for it and I can't think of any reason why they should have done otherwise.

I will rent it on blu-ray to experience its crapiness in the best possible conditions (outside of the expensive cinema).
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    DreamTheater wrote
    Martijn wrote
    Good girl! love

Overseas (i.e. domestic American) reactions have been rather lukewarm though, and it appears now as if the originally envisioned new Terminator trilogy (of which Salvation was the first installment) will quite probably not come to pass. slant

They would rethink that decision if Cameron came back on board.

I will not go see T4 in the cinema's, because local critics have been really harsh for it and I can't think of any reason why they should have done otherwise.

I will rent it on blu-ray to experience its crapiness in the best possible conditions (outside of the expensive cinema).

rolleyes

Again, shocking that it's YOU posting that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

Why specifically HIM?
    Did he come back from the future where the film is hailed as the most important work ever made, bringing about global unity and everlasting peace?
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Why specifically HIM?
    Did he come back from the future where the film is hailed as the most important work ever made, bringing about global unity and everlasting peace?

TRUE!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009 edited
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Why specifically HIM?

Because I seem to recall he's expressed quite a few unfair critiques of certain scores or films that I've felt haven't deserved it. I'm not sure if he's being serious there, but if he is it's an absolute shame. I hate to see someone so blinded by their own criticisms! (Or in this case prejudices/prejudgments.)

Sorry, but it's a pet hate of mine when people get snobbish about something that doesn't meet their specific expectations. I apologise for being annoyed at that. wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    DreamTheater wrote
    Broken Arrow (Hans Zimmer)

A pure, testosterone-filled action score in that early Zimmer style I absolutely love... Much like Crimson Tide, this is true synthesized power, filled with memorable themes. I particularly love the one for the villain when it's performed by the woman. The action crescendo's always leave me on a perfect emotional high...

Pure A$$ Kickin' Fun !! punk

I listened to this one on Monday. Awesome thematic materials (tragic brotherhood theme + duane eddy guitar motif) paired with classic Zimmer action styling, all makes for the perfect album to listen to while working and nodding along. Better than Crimson Tide, IMO, as an action score, since CT was more of a tension filled score with action elements, not a straight-laced action score, like BA.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Warriors Of Virtue Don Davis

Recommended to anyone who likes awesome scores.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlp
    Steven wrote
    Warriors Of Virtue Don Davis

Recommended to anyone who likes awesome scores.

and his witty titles.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    I saw T4. Must be the worst film of the 4, and the worst film I've seen this year. It was messy, actually also quite boring, the middle part [spoiler]with that stupid woman who falls in love, COME FUCK ON[/spoiler] was just unbearable to watch, and the ending was chaotic, ridiculous[spoiler] and the cameo (of CGI cameo) of Arnie was just annoying, as it clearly had no goal at all than just having it in the movie[/spoiler]. Bah!

And Elfman's score was rather disappointing.
    Kazoo
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Forget about swine flu, hardtopleaseitis seems to becoming a pandemic at the moment. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorBhelPuri
    Bregt wrote
    I saw T4. Must be the worst film of the 4, and the worst film I've seen this year. It was messy, actually also quite boring, the middle part [spoiler]with that stupid woman who falls in love, COME FUCK ON[/spoiler] was just unbearable to watch, and the ending was chaotic, ridiculous[spoiler] and the cameo (of CGI cameo) of Arnie was just annoying, as it clearly had no goal at all than just having it in the movie[/spoiler]. Bah!

And Elfman's score was rather disappointing.

Agreed on all counts except that I don't remember T3 much to compare it to T4.
    It was like they combined the Transformers and Terminator franchises and didn't know what to do with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    NP: Hidalgo ~ James Newton Howard
    Haven't heard it for a while. Excellent main theme, longbreath score with some very subtle eastern sounds. A very pleasant listening experience!
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Terminator Salvation Danny Elfman

Love the film, love the score. Full on post-apocalyptic war! punk

Mel and her sister went to see it yesterday and both came back with very possitive views. ( Mel also informed me that the music was by Danny Elfman.....bless er cheesy )

Good! I've read some very negative things about this film, and I honestly can't understand why? I think McDouche and team did an excellent job in bringing the war on Skynet to the screen.

Those reviews are probably written by Arnold Schawnzencrapper fanboys.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Steven wrote
    Forget about swine flu, hardtopleaseitis seems to becoming a pandemic at the moment. rolleyes

biggrin

Screw critics; i'll watch first and then we see!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Mel and her sister went to see it yesterday and both came back with very possitive views. ( Mel also informed me that the music was by Danny Elfman.....bless er cheesy )

Good! I've read some very negative things about this film, and I honestly can't understand why? I think McDouche and team did an excellent job in bringing the war on Skynet to the screen.

You know Arnie is the film.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorBregt
    Steven wrote

Phuh!

Well, you know ... you are ... you are .... too easy to please. I don't wanna know what happens when a woman barely touches you!
    Kazoo
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

biggrin

We are ALL critics D wink
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Bregt wrote
    Steven wrote

Phuh!

Well, you know ... you are ... you are .... too easy to please. I don't wanna know what happens when a woman barely touches you!

Too. Much. Information.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

It was. It's 2009 now wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Bregt wrote
    Steven wrote

Phuh!

Well, he is very easily pleased generally speaking smile But sometimes it's better than whining and bitching. smile
  2. Christodoulides wrote
    William wrote
    NP: Twilight - Carter Burwell

Haven't heard this one in awhile.

And what was it that it made you to revisit? wink

let him be, he's young, he's still naive it will become better after a while wink
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Sorry, I meant to say Arnie is in the film ( Salvation ), did you know that?
  3. Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote

Sorry, I meant to say Arnie is in the film ( Salvation ), did you know that?

I heard something as he portrays a Terminator prop
    oh well, at least in 5 seconds then, the movie will not suck tongue
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I've been told too much so no more spoilers from me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Thomas Glorieux wrote
    I heard something as he portrays a Terminator prop
    oh well, at least in 5 seconds then, the movie will not suck tongue

Exactly, a prop. He was never on set.
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2009 edited
    Yep, no real Arnie in the film.

I'm watching it again tomorrow in shear defiance of the hardtopleaseitis that has swept the board. (And partly because I didn't get to see the end as a woman touched me and I had to swiftly go change my pants. It was terribly messy and rather embarrassing.)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009
    n.p. STEVE JABLONSKY - transformers

I quite like this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2009
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote
    Steven wrote

biggrin

We are ALL critics D wink

Let me rephrase: screw movie critics wink