• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2010
    Stanley and Iris is gorgeous!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
  1. Yeah... sort of, but that gorgeous?!

Next thing you know it'll be STEPMOM.
    A butterfly thinks therefore I am
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    franz_conrad wrote
    there being something strange about me.

You don't appreciate Doyle's Frankenstein for so clearly being his thunderous magnus opus in the 'Push It Until It Moves' category of subtlety.
    I'd say there's something strange about you!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    franz_conrad wrote
    Yeah... sort of, but that gorgeous?!

I'm sure Steven will jealously defend Stepmom's honor but Desplat has written scores better than Stepmom. I'll give you that one!

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010
    Martijn wrote
    Katherine, I agree with you. Let's go and trash New Orleans.

Shall we call you Katrina?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Erik Woods wrote
    franz_conrad wrote
    Yeah... sort of, but that gorgeous?!

I'm sure Steven will jealously defend Stepmom's honor...

Yes and no. I think it's a bloody fantastic album in the same way I think Benjamin Button is: it's very very relaxing. Yeah, I prefer Stepmom because I'm a Williams fan through and through, but essentially I like them both for the same reasons.

How's that for sitting on the fence?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    MARATHON MAN is on Film 4 right now, an utterly brilliant 1970's paranoia thriller and anyone scared of the dentist shouldn't watch it.

Ever seen this Steven?
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Indeed I have. (I wasn't a fan of dentists before I saw the movie. sad)
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I thought you might have, you have a good taste in quality films.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    The talk of ID 4 earlier got me to thinking, is it possible to have a good taste in bad films? wink
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Timmer wrote
    I thought you might have, you have a good taste in quality films.

I'm probably more discerning with films than I am with scores (particularly as I get older I guess). I can enjoy a less than reputable score far easier than I can a less than reputable film!
  2. Timmer wrote
    The talk of ID 4 earlier got me to thinking, is it possible to have a good taste in bad films? wink

Tell me about it. A friend of mine has 'bad movie nights' in the belief that they are more social occasions, replacing respectful silence with communal mocking of the film. The Patrick Swayze memorial night centrered on ROAD HOUSE. The upcoming Dennis Hopper tribute will doubtless pass by WATERWORLD and SUPER MARIO BROS.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    Aaaaaaah, ROAD HOUSE! What a classic entertaining piece of shit! "Pain Don't Hurt!"

I really like WATERWORLD... a lot. SUPER MARIO BROS. on the other hand... what in the world were they thinking?

-Erik-
  3. Erik Woods wrote
    Aaaaaaah, ROAD HOUSE! What a classic entertaining piece of shit! "Pain Don't Hurt!"

ROAD HOUSE is incredible.

"You're too stupid to have a good time!"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn96jR5Geyk
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    The lens flare on the boot... MAGNIFICENT!!!

punk

-Erik-
  4. Next time I'm doing a class where I have to talk about the 'subtle use of visual effects to communicate information', that boot lens flare is coming out...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2010 edited
    Well done guys, Road House is a great example of a good/bad movie, that clip makes me wanna see it again cheesy

( with mates and lots of booze ) wink
  5. Most incongruous POLAR BEAR SCENE since the opening episode of LOST.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I just got shipping notice for STAR TREK III THE SEARCH FOR SPOCK cool

I think that, when it arrives I'm going to play Trek II first so playing them back to back.
  6. A wise decision, the one really can't exist without the other. A perfect duo!

I secretly wish Horner would return to Trek someday, though his style has definitely changed so it wouldn't be the same sort of Trek anymore.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  7. Timmer wrote

Same here, Tim.

Best we can hope for is for the CD to arrive next Wednesday/Thursday - a long wait!
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2010
    Collateral

It's been a while since I last saw this movie in the cinema. I watched it again on DVD. I still liked it very much. To tell you the truth, this is the only Michael Mann movie that I like. And also the only one where the use of Hi-Def video cameras worked very well.
    Tom Cruise is great in the role just like Jamie Foxx. I also like that you really never know what's going to happen in the next minute.
    All in all, a very good thriller/drama.
  8. keky wrote
    Collateral

It's been a while since I last saw this movie in the cinema. I watched it again on DVD. I still liked it very much. To tell you the truth, this is the only Michael Mann movie that I like. And also the only one where the use of Hi-Def video cameras worked very well.
    Tom Cruise is great in the role just like Jamie Foxx. I also like that you really never know what's going to happen in the next minute.

good movie indeed, have to see it again
    but I would like to see this one on Blu-ray, considering it's been released recently smile
    waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!! Where's my nut? arrrghhhhhhh
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Timmer wrote

Same here, Tim.

Best we can hope for is for the CD to arrive next Wednesday/Thursday - a long wait!

Too long slant
  9. I just saw 9. It looked nice enough, but I couldn't help but get a "so what?" feeling when it was over.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    The Good, the bad and the Ugly

I has spent all my life this was a mediocre if popilar Italian western....HOW WRONG I WAS!

This film is a masterpiece, of course. A perfect blend of action, adventure, humour and characters. A epic film set in the background of a civil war.

The last 20 minutes are sublime, and Morricone shining. the duel of the three chracters is a masterclass in how create tension...what a 5 minutes!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Nautilus wrote
    The Good, the bad and the Ugly

I has spent all my life this was a mediocre if popilar Italian western....HOW WRONG I WAS!

This film is a masterpiece, of course. A perfect blend of action, adventure, humour and characters. A epic film set in the background of a civil war.

The last 20 minutes are sublime, and Morricone shining. the duel of the three chracters is a masterclass in how create tension...what a 5 minutes!

cool beer punk
  10. Thomas Glorieux wrote
    keky wrote
    Collateral

good movie indeed, have to see it again
    but I would like to see this one on Blu-ray, considering it's been released recently smile

Well I'm game dude. Bring it along sometime.
    "considering I've seen an enormous debate here about The Amazing Spider-Man and the ones who love it, and the ones who hate it, I feel myself obliged to say: TASTE DIFFERS, DEAL WITH IT" - Thomas G.
  11. The Hangover

Simply put: I hated it!
    Revenge is sweet... Revenge is best served cold... Revenge is ice cream.
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    KevinSmith wrote
    The Hangover

Simply put: I hated it!

And I thought it was one of the funniest films I've seen.

-Erik-