• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

1. Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard - Gladiator

Great score, I listen to it too seldom.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2011
    Xl? going to eat a pizza and coming down in proper size for the topic.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
  2. XL - 40 in this case wink
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    PawelStroinski wrote
    Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard - Gladiator

It's a mixed bag, I like some of it but I've never understood the acclaim it gets from many people.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Timmer wrote
    It's a mixed bag, I like some of it but I've never understood the acclaim it gets from many people.

There are too many highlights to count. That's why I always have high praise for it.

Peter smile
  3. Ponyo - Joe Hisaishi

On CD, there's something about this that's not connecting with me. Not enough substance, I guess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Is XL the correct numerical for 34?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

Only his best score to date along with the thin red line smile
  4. Thor wrote

No, but we have just finished XXXIX, 39. And so 40 would be either XL or XXXX. Both of which have opportunities for misinterpretation.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Thor wrote

No, but we have just finished XXXIX, 39. And so 40 would be either XL or XXXX. Both of which have opportunities for misinterpretation.

True.
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Why don't we put regular numbers instead? It's got a bit tedious and meaningless now, imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMarselus
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

SPECIALLY The Thin Red Line smile
    Anything with an orchestra or with a choir....at some point will reach you
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    NP: CRASH (Mark Isham)

I never tire of this, one of the Top 10 electronic-based scores of all time....
    I am extremely serious.
  5. Christodoulides wrote
    Why don't we put regular numbers instead? It's got a bit tedious and meaningless now, imo.

I don't agree with you. Just don't worry about it.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2011 edited
    Just out of curiosity, why do we have a 34 now playing threads?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I don't worry. Why don't you agree ? Out of curiosity, why do we have to have complicated latin numbering? smile And yeah, with the advanced search engine we have in the post-scorereviews era, we can easily have one np topic and search for specific posts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    • CommentTimeOct 16th 2011
    Christodoulides wrote
    Out of curiosity, why do we have to have complicated latin numbering? smile

Because we're better than everyone else!
  6. Christodoulides wrote
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

I don't worry. Why don't you agree ? Out of curiosity, why do we have to have complicated latin numbering? smile And yeah, with the advanced search engine we have in the post-scorereviews era, we can easily have one np topic and search for specific posts.

I could throw the question back at you and ask why you think that it is "tedious" and "meaningless"? I assume that with the ability to search you can't see a need for the various "now playing" topics? Just have one great big long one and search?

I suppose I like the use of Roman numerals for nothing more than I think that it looks a bit different - for instance I would not refer to the various Star Trek sequels as Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan or Star Trek 3: The Search For Spock. It's not particularly difficult to follow the numbering system - and if it's difficult to follow and you find it meaningless then the significance of the numbering system doesn't really matter.

I like the way the number of "now playing" topics has accumulated 39 other threads (notice that I wouldn't write XXXIX - that would just be stupid). And I like the small, bite-sized threads.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

Because we LIKE it!
    It's SEXY!
    It's COOL!
    It'll get us BABES.
    In TRUCK LOADS!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Christodoulides wrote

Because the Romans WON!
    Get over it already! It's been 3000 years!
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Steven wrote

Because we LIKE it!
    It's SEXY!
    It's COOL!
    It'll get us BABES.
    In TRUCK LOADS!

FACT!
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

Because the Romans WON!
    Get over it already! It's been 3000 years!

FACT!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

FACT!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    I have an opinion on facts. Anyone interested?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yes!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Ah. Good.

Well.

FACTS are not unlike chipmunks finding their way around the twisted stump of the oak tree they hid their supply of walnuts in for the winter many months before.

But I'll be buggered if I can remember why.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Is it always around the twisted stump of an oak tree? Why can't it be around a perfectly simetrical root of an equalatrical triangle or summat?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    and where's the nuts hifdden?
  7. Down below.
    The views and opinions of Ford A. Thaxton are his own and do not necessarily reflect the ones of ANYONE else.
  8. Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    PawelStroinski wrote

One of the very first scores I ever listened to. It still features some of the best action music I've ever heard, despite being "strongly influenced" by the Planets Suite.