• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010
    Yes. Though it's stopped for now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010 edited
    sdtom wrote
    all I can say is your all wimps until you experience the Minnesota tundra.

Wimp?
    WIMP? crazy angry

Here's the Christmas card I sent out this year (to friiends and family and selected members of the MT forum as well... mainly because I had their email addresses, and not y'all's. shame
    Come to think of it, I could have posted it like this before. Why didn't I think of that? dizzy )

No photoshop, trompe l'oeuil or other chicanery was involved.

Wimp indeed.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Hahaha, i loved that. Most amazing xmas card ever.
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    •  
      CommentAuthorplindboe
    Martijn wrote
    Here's the Christmas card I sent out this year [small](to friiends and family and selected members of the MT forum as well... mainly because I had their email addresses, and not y'all's. shame

Best Christmas card ever!

Peter biggrin
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    I'll take you off the list Tim if you went through what you did.
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeJan 5th 2010 edited
    sdtom wrote
    I'll take you off the list Tim if you went through what you did.

I did indeed ( high up in the Himalaya, and hey, I was even doing it for fun cheesy wink ).

Also, as you can see, mighty Martijn takes a spell of extreme weather to concentrate on topping up his tan wink
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    Martjin's Christmas card picture reminds me of this legendary Supertramp cover:

http://blogs.que.es/blogfiles/14667/Sup … -Crisi.jpg
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorsdtom
    But D, Stav., and others are wimps when it comes to the cold.
    Thomas
    listen to more classical music!
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I'm sure D would be the first to agree with you.
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Thor wrote
    Martjin's Christmas card picture reminds me of this legendary Supertramp cover:

http://blogs.que.es/blogfiles/14667/Sup … -Crisi.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that with some dismay when you sent it to me! applause
    Scary how for someone trying to steer so clear from it, I remain touched and evidently subconsciously inspired by progrock! ARGH! I'm a seventies child! cry
    :hotpants:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010
    Wow. There has been a lot of snow!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Martijn wrote
    Here's the Christmas card I sent out this year [small](to friiends and family and selected members of the MT forum as well... mainly because I had their email addresses, and not y'all's. shame

Wow! That's brilliant!
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Here in Hungary it's been raining and snowing by turns. I don't really like either of them but if I had to I would choose the snow, I mean it's January, enough of the rain! angry
    • CommentAuthorAnthony
    Southall wrote

Work...yeah, that's not happening today.

We've got about 6 inches and it's still coming. My mates and I were out causing drunken chaos in the snow at 1am last night. Videos to follow soon!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Anthony wrote
    Southall wrote

Work...yeah, that's not happening today.

We've got about 6 inches and it's still coming. My mates and I were out causing drunken chaos in the snow at 1am last night. Videos to follow soon!

Sadly I've battled my way in to work. I hope it doesn't freeze and make going home even more difficult tonight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorThor
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2010 edited
    I shot these from my window today, just minutes ago. Oslo is right now -15, so the snow piles won't melt any time soon:

http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-websi … e0157b.jpg
    http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-websi … e0158b.jpg

Is your UK snowfall anything like this or is it more "slosh"?
    I am extremely serious.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Thor wrote
    I shot these from my window today, just minutes ago. Oslo is right now -15, so the snow piles won't melt any time soon:

http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-websi … e0157b.jpg
    http://www.celluloidtunes.net/non-websi … e0158b.jpg

Is your UK snowfall anything like this or is it more "slosh"?

Very similar to yours, actually (similar level, too, where I am). I was going to bring my camera on my walk to work but decided against since it was snowing at the time I left home. But then it quickly stopped and so I missed the chance to take some nice pics. sad
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Portsmouth uni has been closed for today and tomorrow.

A bit of snow and England grinds to a halt. We suck. rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorkeky
    Steven wrote
    Portsmouth uni has been closed for today and tomorrow.

A bit of snow and England grinds to a halt. We suck. rolleyes

Don't worry, you are not alone. It usually the same in Hungary.
    We had some snow (15-20 cm) before Christmas and the newspaper wrote about "tempestous weather" rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    The big news of today is that BBC News has now developed a proper logo and theme tune to go with their rolling coverage of "FROZEN BRITAIN".
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Please be so kind as to convey my sincerest compliments to the BBC for this endeavour.
    I'm sure I speak for her majesty the Queen of The Netherlands as well.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    You know her personally Martijn? Please give her one from me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    No, I don't.
    I'm just sure I speak for her.

On a really good day I speak even for Ahmedinejad, but I have no idea of what I'm saying as my Farsi is a little rusty.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I feel ya bud, my Euskara is well rusty.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Southall wrote
    The big news of today is that BBC News has now developed a proper logo and theme tune to go with their rolling coverage of "FROZEN BRITAIN".

Haha, thanks for the laugh!
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I haven't seen snow llike this here for decades, and it's snowing again now. Later I will play appropriate music and imagine the world of ice age beasts.
  1. Didn't make it into work today.

I left work early yesterday for the 12-15 mile journey home and by the time I got home the snow was beginning to lie on the main road through North Wales (A55). It was very slippy by the time I got home and I got caught in a traffic jam 100 m from home: a rear-wheel van couldn't make it up the hill past our house. Sat in that jam for 20-30 minutes before the van made it to the top.

Our road is like an ice-rink today - though the main road at the end of our street is relatively clear. So, I didn't dare venture out in the car in case I couldn't make it to or (of more concern) back from work.

I'm sure it's going to freeze bad tonight.
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Yeap! Freezing has been forecast for tonight.
    •  
      CommentAuthorStavroula
    I know snow has made life difficult for you and I understand I speak from the comfort of my own house where it is only a view from the window at the peaks of Taygetos, but I would have liked it very much if it had snowed here too.
    Whatever you gaze rests on,do not use your vision, but the eyes of your soul...She knows better...
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    I love the snow Stavi it's just when it turns into packed, slippery ice that it cheesies me off.