• Categories

Vanilla 1.1.4 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTimmer
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2008
    Steven wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Steven wrote
    Can't we all just get along? stopwar

Who said we're not!? wink

No-one, I just wanted an excuse to use the stopwar emoticon. biggrin

Fair nuff!

Steven for president beer
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
  1. bunny goat
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Make...nurses? confused shocked

Yeah! I went out with a nurse once...deyz hot! punk
    On Friday I ate a lot of dust and appeared orange near the end of the day ~ Bregt
    •  
      CommentAuthorSouthall
    Desire Under the Elms - Elmer Bernstein

A fine, short album.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

love
    Love Maintitles. It's full of Wanders.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Christodoulides wrote
    Timmer wrote
    Christodoulides wrote

love

I dunno what it is D, maybe it's the stress of the job...? but nurses are goddamn naughty as hell lick cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorNautilus
    NP:Apollo 13 (horner)

My favourite from this man.

it's horner, without being cliché. It's ,melodic and agressive. it's noble and Dramatic.

Special mention with the synthetiser, wich is the most modern synthetiser Horner has ever done.

"The dark Side of the moon" is really ....dark!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Tried giving McKenzie's Blizzard a listen, but I'm just not in the mood for that kind of thing. Leave it for later methinks.

For now, I need something with a bit more... hmm... edge?

Wanted Danny Elfman

'Fox In Control' is a badass action track. cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorErik Woods
    NP: The Tale of Despereaux - William Ross

A sweet score for this animated tale about a swashbuckling mouse with really big ears. Ross, known mostly as an orchestrator, has written some fabulous music as well. Some of my personal favorites are Tin Cup, My Dog Skip, T-Rex: Back To The Cretaceous, and some rip roaring action material in My Fellow Americans.

The score begins with a very sweet main theme (hints of Silvestri's The Polar Express can be heard) and slowly builds to a fuller, more epic sound as we near the latter half of the album. Ross has always written some of incredible action material in the spirit of Silvestri and Williams and for those that love massive epic swashbuckling action material, cues like "Cat and Mouse" - "Roscuro's Apology" - "The Quest" - "Despereaux Is Back" - "Boldo and Despereaux Charge!" - "Rescuing the Princess" won't disappoint. At times you really have to do a double take as you listen to this because you don't normally get such dynamic, meaty action material in animated features, especially animated films aimed at the little wee ones. Silvestri wrote his action material in Mouse Hunt in a similar style. It was dead serious!!! I tip my cap to Ross for doing the same.

Armin Steiner's recording is brilliant. One of the best sounding scores I've heard this year! Kudos to Intrada from giving him props in the album description on their web site.

I love this score. It just might sneak into my Top 10 of the year! This is my favorite flavour of film music.

-Erik-
    host and executive producer of THE CINEMATIC SOUND RADIO PODCAST | www.cinematicsound.net | www.facebook.com/cinematicsound | I HAVE TINNITUS!
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    The Brothers Grimm Dario Marianelli

Very much in the mood for dark, twisted music today. Anything with even the slightest cheerfulness I seem not to have the patience for today!?
  2. Steven wrote

Very much in the mood for dark, twisted music today. Anything with even the slightest cheerfulness I seem not to have the patience for today!?

Getting ready for the movie on BBC2 later on this evening?
    The views expressed in this post are entirely my own and do not reflect the opinions of maintitles.net, or for that matter, anyone else. http://www.racksandtags.com/falkirkbairn
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    FalkirkBairn wrote
    Steven wrote

Getting ready for the movie on BBC2 later on this evening?

Ooh, didn't know that. Cheers for the 'reminder'. beer

(Fantastic score btw, and I imagine right up your alley?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    The film is a bit of a letdown, sadly.
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

I'd say it's pretty entertaining but very disappointing compared to other Gillliam films.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote

I liked it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    It has The Ledge in it, gotta count for something?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote

"The Ledge?" ...oh perrrrrrlease!!! rolleyes
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2008 edited
    My appreciation towards his work has greatly risen too, after having watched THE DARK KNIGHT; The joker is one of cinema's most excellent characters ever, imo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    I don't get all dizzy with excitement whenever I've seen him in a film, but I have certainly enjoyed all of his performances he managed to do. The Joker is the obvious forerunner, it really is an excellent performance.
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    NP : FLASH GORDON - Queen / Howard Blake

Love it! Sound effects, dialogue and all punk cool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    "Are your men on the right pills?"

Classic! punk

:hawkman:
    Er.
    I mean :HAWKMAN:
    'no passion nor excitement here, despite all the notes and musicians' ~ Falkirkbairn
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Martijn wrote

Classic! punk

Er.

What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching? beer
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Steven wrote

Not really.
    He brings nothing special to what essentially is a moderately amusing (though predictable) dark fantasy film that is a very, very very subpar Terry Gilliam film.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    Timmer wrote
    Martijn wrote

Classic! punk

Er.

What do you mean, Flash Gordon approaching? beer

Oooooh. General Kala. love & :kinky leather outfit:
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    You're both weird.
  3. John Ottman - Valkyrie

An interesting score. Not the best listening experience ever, but definitely nothing I would expect from Ottman. Will need more listenings.
    http://www.filmmusic.pl - Polish Film Music Review Website
    •  
      CommentAuthorSteven
    Star Wars John Williams

Yeah, that's right. Just STAR WARS... wanna fight about it?
    • CommentAuthorTimmer
    Steven wrote
    Star Wars John Williams

Yeah, that's right. Just STAR WARS... wanna fight about it?

Nahhh! It's me, you, Martijn and a handfull of others who refuse to call it A Neeeeuuuu....... NOPE! Still can't say it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMartijn
    We truly are the Rebellion against the evil revisionist Empire! biggrin

NP: Gods And Generals - John Frizzell/Randy Edelman
    Lods of bombast and pathos...just the way I like my scores! cool Wonderful theme; robust orchestration. I still prefer Gettysburg for sheer over-the-top rough 'n' tough burly manly drama, but Frizzell certainly did a wonderful job with the prequel!
    •  
      CommentAuthorDemetris
    Martijn wrote
    We truly are the Rebellion against the evil revisionist Empire! biggrin

NP: Gods And Generals - John Frizzell/Randy Edelman
    Lods of bombast and pathos...just the way I like my scores! cool Wonderful theme; robust orchestration. I still prefer Gettysburg for sheer over-the-top rough 'n' tough burly manly drama, but Frizzell certainly did a wonderful job with the prequel!

Very nice score indeed, with strong thematic material. Underrated.